Thread: Taxes and fees amounts

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Taxes and fees amounts

EDITED TO ADD: LOCATION IS NE TEXAS AREA

Can anyone tell me an approximate amount of taxes and fees that are added on to the $65 unlimited plan? I have been on FirstNet(managed by AT&T) and the $40 per month plan had about $12.00 per month added on.

I am trying to figure out if the $65 ($45 with autopay) plan or Cricket $60 unlimited plan ($55 with autopay) would be better.

I have very good AT&T service in my area, and wife has been on Cricket for several years without any problems.

If the taxes and fees for the AT&T prepaid were about the same as FirstNet, it would make the monthly AT&T bill about $57 as opposed to the monthly Cricket bill of $55. I figure it would be worth the extra $2.00 per month to go with AT&T over Cricket.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bricks1343; 03-14-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added location

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Impossible to give you a precise amount without knowing where you live. Fees and taxes are local and rarely the same in different states/counties/cities. Hopefully someone in the same market with a similar plan could provide an estimate. You can call customer service or do an a live internet chat to get an estimate.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Impossible to give you a precise amount without knowing where you live. Fees and taxes are local and rarely the same in different states/counties/cities. Hopefully someone in the same market with a similar plan could provide an estimate. You can call customer service or do an a live internet chat to get an estimate.
    Thanks. post edited to include location!

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a XL
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Buy your refill cards online from Target or CallingMart with email delivery and your taxes and fees are ZERO! And if you have a Target RedCard (it's not a CC) you get 5% off.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Google Pixel 3a XL (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Nokia 6.1 (AT&T), Huawei P20

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bricks1343 View Post
    EDITED TO ADD: LOCATION IS NE TEXAS AREA

Can anyone tell me an approximate amount of taxes and fees that are added on to the $65 unlimited plan? I have been on FirstNet(managed by AT&T) and the $40 per month plan had about $12.00 per month added on.

I am trying to figure out if the $65 ($45 with autopay) plan or Cricket $60 unlimited plan ($55 with autopay) would be better.
    If you're paying any additional taxes & fees on AT&T prepaid refills then you're doing it wrong. If you purchase the refills through Callingmart there are no additional taxes or fee's & Callingmart has monthly coupon codes for 5%-7% for AT&T prepaid so their $40 plan usually costs me about $38 every month.

*Edit*
    I forgot to also point out that you can still get the autopay discount on AT&T prepaid when refilling through Callingmart. What you would do is sign up for autopay with AT&T and then just be sure to refill through Callingmart a least a few days before your refill date and AT&T will not charge you credit card. I'm on the $50 AT&T prepaid plan with $10 autopay discount so I just purchase the $40 refill through Callingmart every month. So for the $65 plan you would pay a little under $45 each month. You will need to have a valid CC on file though with AT&T because they do test charge of a $1 every month. It's more like a pending charge because it doesn't actually get charged to you CC.
    Last edited by Dust N Bones; 03-15-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Decided to go a different route. Thanks for the answers and suggestions.