Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Yes, the Coolpad; but also other generic modems (I also use the Quectel EP06-A). I only reach Band 25 on Sprint, so a T-Mobile option would be nice.
    You may only be able to get B4 on TMO. Some places don't have B12 or B71, and a lot of devices don't support B71.

Seems the T-Mobile version of the Coolpad does get more bands than the Sprint version. B66 and B71. Still would depend on the area if you get them.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/25/1...t-coolpad-surf
    Last edited by loboheeler; 03-20-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Can you manually select TMobile on network selection if needed?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 16G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    When Sprint has no service usually T-Mobile has no service either...
    Not true in my area. I have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if this is roaming agreement applies to Voice as well?
    I was under the impression that the existing roaming was data only on T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    Why do you guys doubt it? Everyone of you will be a T-mobile customer April 1st. So this roaming expansion announcenmet is relevant for 1 more week

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    Why do you guys doubt it? Everyone of you will be a T-mobile customer April 1st. So this roaming expansion announcenmet is relevant for 1 more week
    California Public Utilities meeting is April 16. Your timeline is off by a little bit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrp Alert View Post
    California Public Utilities meeting is April 16. Your timeline is off by a little bit.

Why is that? CPUC already said they were not going to appeal. They're just in there to work out concessions for giving up. T-Mobile will take over Sprint as planned, and pay off Cali later.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    CPUC already said they were not going to appeal.
    I only saw that a CPUC lawyer advised that the merger be passed, not that it had actually done so. There is also the Tunney Act court review that seems to have dropped out of sight over a month ago.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    No, Sprint customers will not be actually T-Mobile customers until the infrastructure, accounting, etc. changes have been made. More like the Sprint division of T-Mobile until then. They were talking 2-3 years for all this. Good thing there will be a delay, because many Sprint phones will have to be replaced to be T-Mobile compatible. The claim is 80% are compatible now, but I think that is BS.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    ......The claim is 80% are compatible now, but I think that is BS.
    "Compatible" is a flexible term. A phone that has VoLTE and bands 2/25, 4/66, 5 & 12 would be considered "compatible". (e.g. every iPhone since 6s) To be fully compatible, a phone would have to have those bands plus 41 & 71. While the vast majority of Sprint phones have 41, band 71 is a fairly new band and only supported by the most recent Apple phones.

I'm also not sure to what degree carrier customization (crippling) can be overridden OTA. Samsung devices are really band about not working well with other carriers' SIMs, even after unlocking.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    "Compatible" is a flexible term. A phone that has VoLTE and bands 2/25, 4/66, 5 & 12 would be considered "compatible". (e.g. every iPhone since 6s) To be fully compatible, a phone would have to have those bands plus 41 & 71. While the vast majority of Sprint phones have 41, band 71 is a fairly new band and only supported by the most recent Apple phones.
    Yep, the iPhone X and 11 for B71. Pretty much all models of TMO branded phones have it. I checked with the TMO store, and they said there was no B12 or B71 being used here. They really need the low-bands for better penetration in this foothill area. I had a phone on TMO here and the coverage was terrible. The store knows this, but continues to sell the bad service. TMO should keep B25 for the Sprint users, but do they really care?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    .... They really need the low-bands for better penetration in this foothill area. ...
    I'm not exactly sure where you're located but in much of N. Cal. T-Mobile roams on US Cellular. However, in the rest of the state, their rural coverage is less than stellar. For instance, it was only in the last couple of years that they've had any native service in Yosemite Valley. Until then, they relied on AT&T roaming, which I believe was inactive for a couple of years.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Yep, the iPhone X and 11 for B71. Pretty much all models of TMO branded phones have it. I checked with the TMO store, and they said there was no B12 or B71 being used here. They really need the low-bands for better penetration in this foothill area. I had a phone on TMO here and the coverage was terrible. The store knows this, but continues to sell the bad service. TMO should keep B25 for the Sprint users, but do they really care?
    Xs/Xs max/Xr and later. The first X didn't have B71.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I'm not exactly sure where you're located but in much of N. Cal. T-Mobile roams on US Cellular. However, in the rest of the state, their rural coverage is less than stellar.
    US Cellular in my wider area (near Sacramento) does not have any native coverage, so they would not be a roaming partner. Not sure which carrier they are using for a roaming partner. Assumed it would be Verizon, as there is more compatibility. T-Mobile does not show any roaming in this area on their coverage map. Native coverage or no coverage.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Around Sacramento, it's native coverage or no coverage. USCC's California coverage is north of Sacramento.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast