Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sprint customers will be roaming on T-Mobile soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    How do you know what you are running on? Details please for everybody's benefit. Not everybody is as sophisticated as some here, nor do they have have the latest phones that are more capable.
    Signal Pro check on Android, tells you what towers you are on

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    Merger is done, I’m already enjoying service on all T-Mobile towers and LTE bands
    As i'm here in Cali wishing my personal T-Mobile line would roam onto Sprint. Sprint is 110Mbps inside of where I am, and T-Mobile is stuck on -110dBm of Band 12 haha
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaco1 View Post
    The merger is complete , I’m now a T-Mobile customer since I’m roaming on T-Mobile towers freely and at the same low sprint price
    What does the alpha tag say?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    As i'm here in Cali wishing my personal T-Mobile line would roam onto Sprint. Sprint is 110Mbps inside of where I am, and T-Mobile is stuck on -110dBm of Band 12 haha
    All in time dear padawan. All in good time!

Seriously though: I can’t wait to take advantage of all that spectrum either.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Since Vz and Sprint were about the only 2 CDMA carriers in the world (there were a couple in Canada and elsewhere) - didn't Sprint users have ability to do some roaming on Vz?
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Just for S&G, I did a manual network search today. On my T-Mobile account Sprint is still marked "forbidden." I don't know if that's a SIM thing or a network thing. AT&T is not so marked.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Just for S&G, I did a manual network search today. On my T-Mobile account Sprint is still marked "forbidden." I don't know if that's a SIM thing or a network thing. AT&T is not so marked.
    Yeah I can’t connect to any of the Sprint networks either:

Name:  IMG_0223.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  16.7 KB

Feedback Score
    As I recall from earlier discussions, roaming was only possible from Sprint to T-Mobile and not the other way around. There is a network barrier, as Sprint has no GSM 3G bands. T-Mobile phones don't have CDMA capability either. You would think there might be a VoLTE work around, but maybe not without reprogramming the networks and the phones. Doubt they are going to do this, and will just move the needed Sprint stuff over.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    As I recall from earlier discussions, roaming was only possible from Sprint to T-Mobile and not the other way around. There is a network barrier, as Sprint has no GSM 3G bands.......
    There may be some incompatibility but it's not lack of GSM, which US Cellular also lacks. VoLTE is all that is needed. I think that T-Mobile is just not interested in letting its customers roam on the Sprint network, which they will be working to replace as quickly as possible.

Feedback Score
    There may be some incompatibility but it's not lack of GSM, which US Cellular also lacks. VoLTE is all that is needed. I think that T-Mobile is just not interested in letting its customers roam on the Sprint network, which they will be working to replace as quickly as possible.
    Yep, temporary one-way roaming to ease over the Sprint customers until the network integration is complete. As far as VoLTE, not sure how well that works with inter-carrier roaming. I am used to MVNOs where some features from the major carriers are not available.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Sprint did not have VoLTE on 100% of their network, they'd have to happ-happle enable it on 100% of the network, then create the roaming link for it to work.

They will most likely enable VoLTE roaming for Sprint customers on T-Mobile's network soon enough so 1xRTT is not needed for voice.

For instance, i'm in a hotel in Denver today, my native T-Mobile line (what i'm tethered too now) is getting 80/20 on LTE, Sprint is essentially useless so i disabled Band 25,26,41 in the phone and now it's camping on T-Mobile LTE but connected to 800MHz CDMA for calls, even though the 800MHz CDMA is useless and just drops anytime I make a call anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    All in time dear padawan. All in good time!

Seriously though: I can’t wait to take advantage of all that spectrum either.
    I still have a SIM on both networks, I want to try and grandfather the Sprint plan with 100GB of hotspot on T-Mobile as it's perfect for my needs, and actually cheaper than a T-Mobile plan.

I also hope I can keep the Sprint international roaming pricing, it's better than T-Mobile's in my line of work for sure.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Sprint did not have VoLTE on 100% of their network, they'd have to happ-happle enable it on 100% of the network, then create the roaming link for it to work.

They will most likely enable VoLTE roaming for Sprint customers on T-Mobile's network soon enough so 1xRTT is not needed for voice.

For instance, i'm in a hotel in Denver today, my native T-Mobile line (what i'm tethered too now) is getting 80/20 on LTE, Sprint is essentially useless so i disabled Band 25,26,41 in the phone and now it's camping on T-Mobile LTE but connected to 800MHz CDMA for calls, even though the 800MHz CDMA is useless and just drops anytime I make a call anyway.

I still have a SIM on both networks, I want to try and grandfather the Sprint plan with 100GB of hotspot on T-Mobile as it's perfect for my needs, and actually cheaper than a T-Mobile plan.

I also hope I can keep the Sprint international roaming pricing, it's better than T-Mobile's in my line of work for sure.
    Good post what kind of phone do you have that can disable Specifc LTE bands?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Are you saying there is no GSM/3G voice roaming as long as there is some Sprint 1xRTT signal? What about if there is no Sprint signal at all?

Device(s)
    BB 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    Sextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Good post what kind of phone do you have that can disable Specifc LTE bands?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I don't know about the poster's phone, but with a Samsung Note 10+ (and probably other Samsung phones):

1. Open the phone dialer and dial ##DATA#
    2. Edit
    3. Enter MSL 000000
    4. Choose LTE
    5. Choose the bands you want to enable/disable

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Are you saying there is no GSM/3G voice roaming as long as there is some Sprint 1xRTT signal? What about if there is no Sprint signal at all?
    From my experience, it'll just connect to LTE only. but 1x800MHz for voice usually will reach anywhere T-Mobile's LTE does (from my experiences) it's just Sprint's LTE that has issue making it inside.. so i've not been anywhere yet that i was *completely* devoid of Sprint signal - just Sprint LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by rasthan View Post
    I don't know about the poster's phone, but with a Samsung Note 10+ (and probably other Samsung phones):

1. Open the phone dialer and dial ##DATA#
    2. Edit
    3. Enter MSL 000000
    4. Choose LTE
    5. Choose the bands you want to enable/disable
    Yup, this is on the Note9. I grabbed a refurb one from Sprint a few months ago just for this reason

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast