Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: each monthly period is only 30 days

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    On my yearly plan it is only a difference of $2.63 over course of a whole year. As frugal as I am this doesn't bother me in the least.

That used to be what "1" gallon of gas cost. Today it is as low as .87/gallon .
    Exactly. To us it's nothing. Looks a little different when you multiply it by 6+ MILLION though. That's where this crazy 30 day renewals and shifting payment dates come from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I noticed that over time, my monthly payment / renewal day has been moving earlier and earlier. It seems each "month" is only 30 days, so you effectively lose 1 day out of every 31 day month. Basically you get shorted 5 or 6 days per year, whereas on every other MVNO / carrier the payment date stays the same and never moves.

Some funky algorithm with ATT's prepaid system.
    I have been on many MVNO's in fact most use a 30 day month and your due date changes. With autopay you don't think about it.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I have been on many MVNO's in fact most use a 30 day month and your due date changes. With autopay you don't think about it.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app
    As long as you have good enough credit to have a credit card, or enough buffer in your checking account to handle the debit. If you get paid monthly or twice a month, it is convenient to have the debit on the same day of the month, so you can ensure that there is enough money to cover the auto pay. In my case, I'm again working for a company that pays every 2 weeks, so 30 days or monthly doesn't really matter. I just have to remember to enter it in Quicken.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Add Twigby to the Monthly list.

I currently have accounts with Tello and AT&T Prepaid that use 30 day cycles. I don't care that much about the slight added cost, but it makes it difficult to keep track of renewals since the dates always change. For that reason I consider it to be very customer-unfriendly practice.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spocko View Post
    Add Twigby to the Monthly list.

I currently have accounts with Tello and AT&T Prepaid that use 30 day cycles. I don't care that much about the slight added cost, but it makes it difficult to keep track of renewals since the dates always change. For that reason I consider it to be very customer-unfriendly practice.
    Thanks, I already had Twigby as monthly on PrepaidCompare. I don't know why it was missing from my list in post 9 of this thread.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if you don’t refill your straight Talk plan after your end date. How many days before you lose your number. I plan on using ST when I travel. I will only use it about every 60 or 70 days. Will I still keep the phone number or will I have to get a new number when I refill every time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2