Thread: New Visible Service Report

Feedback Score

New Visible Service Report

One of my sons switched to Visible from Total Wireless with the iPhone 8 he had bought for himself in 2017, which is still working fine.

It was a bit of a rough start because he couldn't get his phone to activate. He finally mentioned that they had sent him 2 SIM cards by mistake, and it turned out the one he had put in his phone first wasn't active. I told him to put in the OTHER SIM card Visible had sent, and it worked.

Even after putting the correct (2nd) Visible SIM card in his phone and talk and text started working, cellular data wasn't working. A quick Google search revealed that it was because the Total Wireless / Tracfone profile at Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management was still installed. I had him delete that TF profile, and then Visible cellular data started working.

Anyway, I got him in a full Party Pay group within an hour of him getting his phone active, so as long as the group stays full, only $25/mo (total) will be charged to his CC.

His account also reflects "Your Promotional Offers $100 Prepaid Mastercard® Virtual Account". So, hopefully he'll get that $100 as expected after he pays for month 2.

He'll be testing the Visible hotspot for internet on his computer & TV to see if it can be a viable home internet replacement. He'll test it for at least a few weeks while he still has Spectrum internet active as a backup, to make sure the Visible hotspot works reliably to provide home internet at his apartment, but if it does, that should save him $75/mo, if he can eventually cancel Spectrum.

I sure hope the Visible service can last at $25/mo!

Feedback Score
    This is great!
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    He'll be testing the Visible hotspot for internet on his computer & TV to see if it can be a viable home internet replacement. He'll test it for at least a few weeks while he still has Spectrum internet active as a backup, to make sure the Visible hotspot works reliably to provide home internet at his apartment, but if it does, that should save him $75/mo, if he can eventually cancel Spectrum.
    Given that Verizon is being loaned a good chunk of spectrum from DISH for 60 days, his experience using the phone as a hotspot might be skewed.

He should probably wait a couple months, after those spectrum loans expire, and test it more before getting rid of Spectrum.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Given that Verizon is being loaned a good chunk of spectrum from DISH for 60 days, his experience using the phone as a hotspot might be skewed.

He should probably wait a couple months, after those spectrum loans expire, and test it more before getting rid of Spectrum.
    Thanks for the info about the loaned DISH spectrum and the advice.

He ended up working at home 3 of the last 4 days due to the craziness going on, so it would definitely be best for him to keep Spectrum internet until things settle down.

But at least now he has Visible, which will be a good backup, just in case Spectrum has any issues while he's trying to work from home.

Feedback Score
    There have been reports of payment issues with Visible.

I just wanted to report that the $25 payment on my son's Visible account was processed successfully.

Auto-pay was set up right after the account / line was activated using his Discover Card.

The payment was showing as due on 4/13/20, but the autopay was processed on 4/11/20, which seems pretty normal for autopays, and would have also given 1-2 days to fix an issue if it failed for some reason.

So...so far, so good!

Now we're just waiting for his "$100 Prepaid Mastercard® Virtual Account", which should be coming within about 10 days, if what I've read about others' experience with that is accurate.

Feedback Score
    Just another update.

My son received his "$100 Prepaid Mastercard® Virtual Account" on 4/18/20, 5 days after his 2nd month renewed on 4/13/20.

His 3rd monthly payment processed from his Discover Card on 5/11/20, and was properly applied on 5/13/20.

The Visible service around and between Columbus and Toledo OH has been reliable with no issues so far.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What is the most data people can get with, is there a limit on Hotspot ? Any obscene amounts people reporting not having issues with?

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Just another update.

My son received his "$100 Prepaid Mastercard Virtual Account" on 4/18/20, 5 days after his 2nd month renewed on 4/13/20.

His 3rd monthly payment processed from his Discover Card on 5/11/20, and was properly applied on 5/13/20.

The Visible service around and between Columbus and Toledo OH has been reliable with no issues so far.
    I also got $100 gift card and used it to reload Amazon gift card. Love Visible, excellent service, the best prepaid i ever have.

Feedback Score
    I've been experimenting with Visible for the last 5 months by taking advantage of their SWAP deals. Voice quality is really good in the concrete jungle but really goes down hill if ya travel to LTE fringe areas. I get all kinds of voice latency and scratching noises when I head up to my cabin and have to call people back on my At&t Prepaid line. There's nothing worse then the old Verizon Echo!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Current: Visible. Former: Verizon, at&t, Sprint, SunCom, PrimeCo, GTE Wireless, Contel Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just signed up for Visible today after having Verizon post paid for 15 years. Already managed to find a full "Party" so service will only cost $25 going forward along with a $100 pre-paid MasterCard. No joke, with Verizon I was paying $100 a month. Granted I lost out on Apple Music and Disney+ but can pay for a separate account and still come out ahead.

Feedback Score
    $100/mo down to $25/mo is a great savings, and purchasing Apple Music and Disney+ separately will provide you with more financial flexibility, if the need were to ever arise.

A LOT of people are successfully using Visible, but as you can see in various forum posts, some people have issues. I hope the service works out well for you!