Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What phones and carriers have you used Over the years?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    162
    Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

    What phones and carriers have you used Over the years?

    I have used cricket wireless for three years and I have used a iPhone 5s and then I upgraded to a iPhone 7.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,719
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hamradio View Post
    I have used cricket wireless for three years and I have used a iPhone 5s and then I upgraded to a iPhone 7.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Every single year, every single Note. During the 7 fiasco, switched to an S8 plus. My current Note 10+ is too big for me. Next time I'll go with the non-plus version or by then we'll know what specs it comes with and switch to an S20+ at a much cheaper price.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    869
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    This was a fun walk down memory lane...while I like what T-Mobile is doing some of the time, AT&T is really good in my area, so I find myself going back to AT&T/Cricket, especially when Cricket group discounts come into play:

    My main number:
    T-Mobile To-Go (2006-2008): Sony Ericsson T616 -> Motorola L6 (free T-Zones and incoming texts for awhile)

    New main number, couldn't port:
    AT&T (2008-2015): Motorola RAZR V3 -> Sony Ericsson Z750a -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> iPhone 6
    T-Mobile (2015-2016): iPhone 6 (had to leave because family members had older phones in bad service area and didn't want to upgrade)
    AT&T (2016-2017): iPhone 6 -> iPhone SE
    Cricket (2017-2018): iPhone SE -> iPhone 8 Plus
    T-Mobile Prepaid (2018): iPhone 8 Plus (Wanted to take advantage of 10GB/$35, Rebellion sucked, left family on Cricket and later rejoined)
    Cricket (2018-2019): iPhone 8 Plus
    AT&T Prepaid (2019-2020): iPhone 8 Plus -> iPhone 11 (moved my line for eSIM and Canada roaming for a trip)
    Cricket (2020-): iPhone 11 (moved back due to cost savings and rejoining the family group, finally moved everyone to a current plan)

    Supplemental data:
    T-Mobile (2019): iPhone 11 (iPad prepaid data SIM for a backup in Canada when AT&T was on eSIM)
    Airalo (2020-): iPhone 11 (mostly just playing at the moment on eSIM)

    Other services: (Supplemental prepaid data on data devices)
    T-Mobile (2016-2019): iPad Pro 12.9" -> iPad (5th-gen)
    FreedomPop (2019-): iPad (5th-gen) -> unlocked AT&T Unite (iPad went to my dad, went with a Wi-Fi only 7th-gen this time around, threw the SIM in an old hotspot)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    162
    Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    This was a fun walk down memory lane...while I like what T-Mobile is doing some of the time, AT&T is really good in my area, so I find myself going back to AT&T/Cricket, especially when Cricket group discounts come into play:

    My main number:
    T-Mobile To-Go (2006-2008): Sony Ericsson T616 -> Motorola L6 (free T-Zones and incoming texts for awhile)

    New main number, couldn't port:
    AT&T (2008-2015): Motorola RAZR V3 -> Sony Ericsson Z750a -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> iPhone 6
    T-Mobile (2015-2016): iPhone 6 (had to leave because family members had older phones in bad service area and didn't want to upgrade)
    AT&T (2016-2017): iPhone 6 -> iPhone SE
    Cricket (2017-2018): iPhone SE -> iPhone 8 Plus
    T-Mobile Prepaid (2018): iPhone 8 Plus (Wanted to take advantage of 10GB/$35, Rebellion sucked, left family on Cricket and later rejoined)
    Cricket (2018-2019): iPhone 8 Plus
    AT&T Prepaid (2019-2020): iPhone 8 Plus -> iPhone 11 (moved my line for eSIM and Canada roaming for a trip)
    Cricket (2020-): iPhone 11 (moved back due to cost savings and rejoining the family group, finally moved everyone to a current plan)

    Supplemental data:
    T-Mobile (2019): iPhone 11 (iPad prepaid data SIM for a backup in Canada when AT&T was on eSIM)
    Airalo (2020-): iPhone 11 (mostly just playing at the moment on eSIM)

    Other services: (Supplemental prepaid data on data devices)
    T-Mobile (2016-2019): iPad Pro 12.9" -> iPad (5th-gen)
    FreedomPop (2019-): iPad (5th-gen) -> unlocked AT&T Unite (iPad went to my dad, went with a Wi-Fi only 7th-gen this time around, threw the SIM in an old hotspot)
    Cool. I wished t-mobile would work better where I live but AT&T and Verizon are king in Indiana. AT&T is faster and Verizon is modest. My family had straight talk Verizon for the longest time then we switched to cricket.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    869
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-260
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hamradio View Post
    Cool. I wished t-mobile would work better where I live but AT&T and Verizon are king in Indiana. AT&T is faster and Verizon is modest. My family had straight talk Verizon for the longest time then we switched to cricket.
    No kidding...I'm in Indiana, too - have been all over the state, but live on the outskirts of Indy and will agree with that sentiment. I'll be really curious to see how T-Mobile does here with Band 71 being fully fired up and Sprint's spectrum and possibly towers being thrown in the mix. You're right though—AT&T does a pretty good job everywhere and is fast, while Verizon fills in those remaining gaps.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,602
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have used a smartphone since the Treo 750(?), a 3G Windows mobile phone. iPhone 3G, 4, 5, 6, 7+, X, 11, (and for backup use, 6s and SE currently in use too).
    I've used the Moto E4 and G5+. Still around, currently not in use. More current phones than lines.

    The grass is always greener for phone service. When postpaid, I see the advantages of a cheaper prepaid plan. When prepaid, international roaming options on postpaid, or use of Apple Watch cellular.

    I've been on ATT Postpaid, ATT Prepaid, Verizon Postpaid, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile Postpaid for my main line that I've had the number since the 90's. I've been flexible for my backup phone (usually a different carrier than my primary, for use when necessary while travelling). That one has been Red Pocket, Cricket, Boom Mobile, H2O Wireless.

    Right now, I am Boom Mobile's 5GB/1 year plan (verizon) for primary (to save money during this uncertain times), RP 500 minutes/month 1 year plan (ATT) for backup. And H2O Wireless (home replacement) $0.05/minute PPU. So I'm getting by for $31/month on average + $35/month for iPad data plan.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    162
    Device(s)
    iPhones 7 and a iPhone 6s and 4 and a fire hd8
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I have used a smartphone since the Treo 750(?), a 3G Windows mobile phone. iPhone 3G, 4, 5, 6, 7+, X, 11, (and for backup use, 6s and SE currently in use too).
    I've used the Moto E4 and G5+. Still around, currently not in use. More current phones than lines.

    The grass is always greener for phone service. When postpaid, I see the advantages of a cheaper prepaid plan. When prepaid, international roaming options on postpaid, or use of Apple Watch cellular.

    I've been on ATT Postpaid, ATT Prepaid, Verizon Postpaid, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile Postpaid for my main line that I've had the number since the 90's. I've been flexible for my backup phone (usually a different carrier than my primary, for use when necessary while travelling). That one has been Red Pocket, Cricket, Boom Mobile, H2O Wireless.

    Right now, I am Boom Mobile's 5GB/1 year plan (verizon) for primary (to save money during this uncertain times), RP 500 minutes/month 1 year plan (ATT) for backup. And H2O Wireless (home replacement) $0.05/minute PPU. So I'm getting by for $31/month on average + $35/month for iPad data plan.
    Cool


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    16,341
    Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    My first cell phone was a Novatel PTR850 (1992). My current phone is a Moto G7 Power. Don't ask me to recall every phone in between.
    Donald Newcomb

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NE Fla.
    Posts
    572
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I got my first cell phone on US Cellular in 1991. It was a Motorola AMPS bag phone of some type. Worked really well and sounded great. Couple hundred minutes a month, no roaming, and about $75 a month was the charge if I recall correctly. Then I moved to BellSouth Mobility, still an AMPS bag phone and about the same plan, but I had moved and US Cellular wasn't available at my new location. I later switched to a used DynaTac with a STX antenna, still analog AMPS. As technology and networks improved, I started using some little Nokia phone that was still analog. Then the Nextel era (error?) started, and I was a Nextel customer for 11 years, 1999 through 2010, when I switched to Verizon. By then I was using Android smartphones. After 7 years on Verizon, I switched to Cricket (AT&T). Once it was available I did a stretch on FirstNet until I retired. Now I am on T-Mobile Magenta First Responder. It is cheap, it works well, and I am happy. I'm still using Android, a One Plus 7t at the moment.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2010, 01:49 AM
  2. How FEW minutes have you used with the new friends and family?
    By MountainBikerMark in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 07:27 PM
  4. What MPx220 Registry Edits have you used?
    By TechAddict in forum Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks