Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do you use for texting on Verizon and do you have access on pc?

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Google messages is different than Google Voice ?
    Yes. Google Messages is the new default texting app for most Android phones. Samsung typically replaces it with their own Samsung messaging app, and apparently Verizon replaces it with their own on Verizon branded phones.

Unlike Google Voice that calls and texts with a different Google Voice number, Google Messages uses your cell phone's carrier issued number.

One of the features of Google Messages is the ability to send/receive texts with your PC, using your cell phone's number.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Yes. Google Messages is the new default texting app for most Android phones. Samsung typically replaces it with their own Samsung messaging app, and apparently Verizon replaces it with their own on Verizon branded phones.

Unlike Google Voice that calls and texts with a different Google Voice number, Google Messages uses your cell phone's carrier issued number.

One of the features of Google Messages is the ability to send/receive texts with your PC, using your cell phone's number.

Google Voice has limitations, such as it does not support some mms , does messaging face this limitations to . For example you can't send a vcard through GV

Device(s)
    Samsung Hue II
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    Texting from a PC? Why?
    Because I can type on my keyboard 100 times faster then my phone. And I spend way more time at my computer then I do on my phone. I use Message+ and it works great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calcuttaman View Post
    Because I can type on my keyboard 100 times faster then my phone. And I spend way more time at my computer then I do on my phone. I use Message+ and it works great.
    Speech to text is faster than typing.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I have been using Google Voice primarily so I can text easily from pc.

I know there is Verizon's message plus. I used it years ago and did not love it.

Just curious what most people use and access to texting via pc?
    I use the Pulse SMS app for messaging. Since I also have synced access to it from all my PCs and tablets.

I tried Message Plus for a while but there were major issues with access for me. So a couple of years ago I got the Pulse app to try out. And then purchased it after realizing it did everything I had hoped Message plus would do.

Feedback Score
    Like many others, I have downloaded on my Samsung phone the Google Messages app.

Not only it adds RCS (Chat) capability that Samsung app doesn't, but I can text and add pictures from my PC. Completed with WhatsApp similar functionality, I ca be on my PC typing here and get messages from my phone that sits away in it's charging cradle (wireless charging).

And no, speech to text isn't at all accurate or fast. Maybe my accent... don't know, don't care.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Like many others, I have downloaded on my Samsung phone the Google Messages app.

Not only it adds RCS (Chat) capability that Samsung app doesn't, but I can text and add pictures from my PC. Completed with WhatsApp similar functionality, I ca be on my PC typing here and get messages from my phone that sits away in it's charging cradle (wireless charging).

And no, speech to text isn't at all accurate or fast. Maybe my accent... don't know, don't care.
    How do you use the RCS ?

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I use verizon messages
    But windows also has a phone app so I am able to text on pc .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    I use verizon messages
    But windows also has a phone app so I am able to text on pc .
    What Windows app is that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Not only it adds RCS (Chat) capability that Samsung app doesn't, but I can text and add pictures from my PC.
    It's called "Messages for web" in Google Messages. Your PC acts like a remote terminal to the phone's messaging system. Works over the cell network or over WiFi. I use it often to avoid typing messages on the puny phone keyboard. Really a different thing than RCS Chat.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What Windows app is that?
    Probably referring to "Your Phone"...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Yo...e/9nmpj99vjbwv

It's a Windows Store App that lets you send/receive texts on your Android phone from your PC display and keyboard, and can also display your phone notifications on the PC. It's a bit distracting on my desktop, but I occasionally use it on my laptop.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Probably referring to "Your Phone"...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Yo...e/9nmpj99vjbwv

It's a Windows Store App that lets you send/receive texts on your Android phone from your PC display and keyboard, and can also display your phone notifications on the PC. It's a bit distracting on my desktop, but I occasionally use it on my laptop.

Yes the "your phone " app

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    It's called "Messages for web" in Google Messages. Your PC acts like a remote terminal to the phone's messaging system. Works over the cell network or over WiFi. I use it often to avoid typing messages on the puny phone keyboard. Really a different thing than RCS Chat.
    Cool. I am thinking of porting by number from GV back to mobile carrier and want the feature to text on pc. Only thing is I think its like Whatsappp web where phone has to be nearby

Feedback Score
    To answer the OP’s question of what I use for texting on Verizon, my answer is iMessage. Works across my iPhone, iPad, for MMS and SMS too, and although technically it’s not a PC, if I had a Mac computer, it’d work on there too.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    To answer the OP’s question of what I use for texting on Verizon, my answer is iMessage. Works across my iPhone, iPad, for MMS and SMS too, and although technically it’s not a PC, if I had a Mac computer, it’d work on there too.
    Is there a way to imessages on a windows pc without using a VM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2