Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moto e6 versus LG Journey...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Yeah maybe my moto e5 has an issue.. i have bad luck with motos. I just put it in the closet.

The 13mp rear camera on the LG fiesta 2 is not bad at all imo. Better than R4 with overall picture sharpness... Kinda similar to j7 crown IIRC though maybe not as good. For the price I think it's a very decent phone. A little old now though ...has nougat 7.0 with 5/17 security patch - mine anyway. Good 4,500 mAh battery. Big phone. Power button on side. No fingerprint sensor. Face recognition (trusted face).

I like the R4 camera better than the one on the Samsung luna pro (which is pretty good for cheap 5mp camera) and samsung j3 orbit (weird colors and painting effect). I think it is better (going by memory) that the one on the Samsung a10e which was not very sharp and colors looked dull (imo). I couldn't return that phone (paid $49) fast enough.
    Yes, the Fiestas are gr8 phones, I have two of the older ones (ST, TW) and one F2 (Simple Mobile). I would gladly have another before they are no longer available.

I wouldn't give up on your Moto e5 yet, not if it still does other things well. It's too bad about the camera fluke. Probably with a good photo editor app you could adjust the colors on photos that show the fluke. It might make you happier with the phone. I'm not much of a photographer so I can't recommend one, but there are lots of photo editing apps on Google Play, which you probably know. You know more about phones than I do.

You can see what a raunchy photographer I am by the unimaginative subject (binder) and I didn't fuss with the lighting.

In one of my e6 screenshots I noticed the time on the weather widget and the notification bar at the top left were way off. I don't know how that happened but now it's only one minute off! That was one thing that was odd about this phone, the time is usually on the right on my phones.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    There's a little notch at the lower-right corner (looking at the screen). I found that it's easier to remove the back cover when I hold the phone in my left hand, with the screen against my palm and my left thumb presses down on the center of the back cover. Then I "claw" at that little notch with the finger nail of my right-hand's middle finger. It comes right off. It gets easier after the back cover had been removed a few times.
    Thanks, hpham! I was just over at Turk Forums and saw your post there. I'll keep trying and hopefully I won't drop the phone.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    In one of my e6 screenshots I noticed the time on the weather widget and the notification bar at the top left were way off. I don't know how that happened but now it's only one minute off! That was one thing that was odd about this phone, the time is usually on the right on my phones.
    Weather widgets almost always show the time it was last updated, not the current time.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    That was one thing that was odd about this phone, the time is usually on the right on my phones.
    Change with Android 9, they moved the time to the left side.

Feedback Score
    I got the Moto e6 by FedEx on Saturday April 4th.

I set it up but didn't activate it. It took longer to set up than earlier Android versions.
    How did you set it up without activating it? Is there a complex process you have to go through or a special sequence or anything like that? I'm looking at getting one of these to use as a basic Wi-Fi device for my kids.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ewto16 View Post
    How did you set it up without activating it? Is there a complex process you have to go through or a special sequence or anything like that? I'm looking at getting one of these to use as a basic Wi-Fi device for my kids.
    With an Android phone, you don't have to activate it with cell service to use it as a WiFi device, GPS, calculator, camera, etc. Just remove its SIM if you don't want to accidentally make calls with it.

Feedback Score
    The telephone part of it is optional. Ignore if you wish. The rest of it is just putting in a WiFi password and a Google account and off you go. If you don't want to put in a Google account, it might limit what apps will work, don't know. Get a throwaway Google account and use that.

Feedback Score
    I always remove the SIM to set up. If you leave the SIM in when you first power on the phone, it starts the setup and activation process. I prefer to activate after I set up the phone.

After removing the SIM then I power on. I sign in to WiFi and sign into gmail/Google then I can go into Google Play and settings, choose not to automatically update apps, choose to do updates over WiFi only (when I choose). I install apps I want and then try to uninstall or disable ones I don't want.

Then if I want to activate the phone instead of using it as a WiFI device, I can activate without losing data due to app updates.

I was told to leave the phone in airplane mode and that helps some with battery usage. I can turn WiFi or Bluetooth on after putting it in airplane mode.

I also have installed TextNow from the Google Play store. It lets me text or make calls over WiFi without having the phone activated.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my LGL64VL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone! I had hoped it was that easy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2