Thread: T-Mobile Connect Launches Early to Help the Most Vulnerable in America...

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Connect Launches Early to Help the Most Vulnerable in America...

T-Mo is launching the $15 (Unlimited talk, text and 2GB data) and $25 (UT&T 5GB) plans Wednesday and offering limited time discounts on some Metro by T-Mobile plans for 60 days.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-connect-launch

"In response to COVID-19, the Un-carrier is introducing lower-priced options, available starting Wednesday.

"T-Mobile Connect – part of the New T-Mobile’s 5G for Good initiative – is launching ahead of schedule for $15 per month, half the price of the company’s lowest smartphone plan. And Metro by T-Mobile is adding new, lower-cost options..."

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    This offering of course goes directly against all of those claims the merger would raise service prices on low income users. This is a fantastic way for some to save money and still keep service during these tricky times. Excellent job by T-Mobile to make these new plans available ahead of schedule!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    This offering of course goes directly against all of those claims the merger would raise service prices on low income users. This is a fantastic way for some to save money and still keep service during these tricky times. Excellent job by T-Mobile to make these new plans available ahead of schedule!
    Agreed! I’m going to sign up a few people on these.

Happy (but not surprised) to hear they came through as promised.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Well, to be fair, all of us, including me, who claim the merger will likely raise prices agree it won't happen for the 3-5 years T-Mo guaranteed to hold prices as a condition of approving the merger.

I've already made the Walmart/small town retailer analogy as to why these plans in particular are potentially dangerous to the MVNOs that serve low income users and value shoppers, but they might be useful to a segment of the market for as long as they last.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Well, to be fair, all of us, including me, who claim the merger will likely raise prices agree it won't happen for the 3-5 years T-Mo guaranteed to hold prices as a condition of approving the merger...
    Correct the proof will be 3-5yrs from final/final (Paul wearing a magenta shirt).
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Correct the proof will be 3-5yrs from final/final (Paul wearing a magenta shirt).
    worry about 3-5 years 3-5 years from now. This is like when Charter bought TWC in 2016 and was prevented from having caps for 7 years( even though they had gotten rid of caps 18 months earlier anyway ) and haters said "yeah what about in 2023?" Seriously they were worried about 2023 in 2016? As I told them and I tell you may be dead by then so why fricken worry about it?

Feedback Score
    I'm prudently concerned. Worry over such things as this is silly at best.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile Connect Launches Early to Help the Most Vulnerable in America...

Lots of people losing their jobs right now and will soon see their credit scores go down the tubes.

Many of them are on expensive Equipment Installment Plans with multiple lines.

Affordable plans like these that cover the bases and that require no credit checks are going to be crucial in keeping them connected.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good news:

According to The Verge: Although these plans are hard capped, they do allow Mobile Hotspot equal to your data allotment.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...s-prepaid-plan

Connect is not eligible for T-Mobile’s 10GB hotspot features, but does allow tethering up to the volume of data on the plan.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile $30 Walmart still a decent plan for those who have it still.

When they mean taxes? What kind of taxes? I suppose since it's prepaid they work with top-off cards? Those from Target (bought online) no tax in NY at least.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Almost every one of the Anti-Merger or T-Mobile haters said T-Mobile would raise their prices as soon as the merger is done. Now they are trying to move the goalpost so people forget they were wrong about the merger and the price increases.