Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 9.0 Pie OS, Q: like or not like it...?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    The cell signal tools don't work at all on the G6 Play or E6 with location off.
    Not sure which cell signal tools you use. I use Network Signal Info app and it works on my unlocked Moto E6 with location off. Location only needs to be on if you want the tower location info.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Not sure which cell signal tools you use. I use Network Signal Info app and it works on my unlocked Moto E6 with location off. Location only needs to be on if you want the tower location info.
    Ah thanks, haven't tried that one. I use LTE Discovery & Network "Cell" Info.

Feedback Score
    You can still turn off background data usage in Android 8 & 9, although it's more cumbersome because you have to bring up the list of apps and turn it off for each app.
    And the Goolag (Android) operating system is not one of the apps you can disable background data for. They demand that you pay for data to feed their databases your private phone usage info.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I use Network Signal Info app and it works on my unlocked Moto E6 with location off.
    Just tried this app and it doesn't show any band information. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I don't yet have a phone with 9.0 Pie operating system and before I buy one, I'd like to know if anyone here has a phone with it and what they like or dislike about it. I'm thinking of buying a Moto e6 (xt2005dl).

Should I wait til the OS is out for awhile, and stick to phones with older OS versions?

I also wonder if anyone is having any difficulty or delays with shipping on items bought at Walmart, Best Buy, eBay TF store, or TF website?

Thnx

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app
    I just got the e6 about a week ago and copied the apps from my e5 using the transfer process suggested when starting up the e6. Process went fairly smoothly with just a few minor glitches that seemed to eventually correct themselves. Did take a little longer than I had expected because of relogging in to sites, etc. A couple of legacy game apps that had not been updated for several years were the only casualties that I'm aware of..

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber43 View Post
    I just got the e6 about a week ago and copied the apps from my e5 using the transfer process suggested when starting up the e6. Process went fairly smoothly with just a few minor glitches that seemed to eventually correct themselves. Did take a little longer than I had expected because of relogging in to sites, etc. A couple of legacy game apps that had not been updated for several years were the only casualties that I'm aware of..

So far I am thinking the e6 might be the thing for me. I've read that its battery is removable which I prefer. I was worried a little about the OS upgrade to Pie, thought I read somewhere here at HoFo or a review that the e6 wasn't "happy" with Pie and that's why I created this thread. I wanted to know if anyone currently using it was unhappy with it and why. So far it sounds like problems if any are fairly few.

Since you have both the e5 and e6, which do you like best?

I have the e5 and really like the fit to hand of tall-narrow. Its battery is more powerful than the e6 and the e6 is 5.5” rather than 5.7". The smaller size might make it easier to handle but unknown until I feel it.

I was wondering why the price was pushed down to 49.99. No fingerprint sensor? I don't use those so that doesn't bother me.

I'm giving myself until the 31st to decide for sure.

Thnx to the forum members for discussing the topic.

Sent from my LGL163BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I think some issues with an upgrade to Pie were from G6 users. I think the E6 shipped with Pie, from the start.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I think the E6 shipped with Pie, from the start.
    Yes, I got an unlocked E6 from Visible and it was shipped with Pie, I don't have any problems with it. I like it better than the E5 because the E5 is just too big for my taste.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    So far I am thinking the e6 might be the thing for me. I've read that its battery is removable which I prefer. I was worried a little about the OS upgrade to Pie, thought I read somewhere here at HoFo or a review that the e6 wasn't "happy" with Pie and that's why I created this thread. I wanted to know if anyone currently using it was unhappy with it and why. So far it sounds like problems if any are fairly few.

Since you have both the e5 and e6, which do you like best?

I have the e5 and really like the fit to hand of tall-narrow. Its battery is more powerful than the e6 and the e6 is 5.5” rather than 5.7". The smaller size might make it easier to handle but unknown until I feel it.

I was wondering why the price was pushed down to 49.99. No fingerprint sensor? I don't use those so that doesn't bother me.

I'm giving myself until the 31st to decide for sure.

Thnx to the forum members for discussing the topic.

Sent from my LGL163BL using HoFo mobile app
    I wanted one phone with a removable battery, and my old LG X Style is really starting to show its age. I thought of replacing it's battery, but I'd still be stuck with the 8Gb internal with less than 4 available on Android 6. The HSN e6 bundle with a year and buckets for $69.95 convinced me to bite

I'm kinda ambivalent between the e5 and e6 at this point, but I like both of them. I had some problems with the fingerprint sensor reliability on the e5 at first, but that went away after the _third_ time I reinstalled my fingerprints and that's been pretty reliable for over a year now. Kinda slow compared to the Iphone SE and the Moto G5 Plus, but reliable and stable now, so I use it a lot..

I do miss it on the e6, but am getting used to using a short PIN instead..

Haven't really used the e6 long enough to have an opinion on the smaller battery capacity, but I suspect that won't be a big problem for me, since I never came up against the e5's limit..

Now I have to decide if I upgrade the LG to the Iphone SE before Apple addresses the mobile data leak issue and keep the e6 in reserve, or upgrade to the e6 instead. In either case, I plan to keep the e5 active on another line for as long as it keeps going, since I've found it both comfortable and reliable to use for a bit over a year now..

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I think some issues with an upgrade to Pie were from G6 users. I think the E6 shipped with Pie, from the start.
    The recommendation when upgrading the g6 to Pie was to do a factory reset afterwards. A PIA perhaps, but those that did seemed to have no issues afterwards. I bought my g6 recently, and so the very first thing I did was to let it do the OS upgrade and security updates, then I factory reset it before actually setting it up. Been flawless for me going on two weeks.

Really great phone, although I wish the battery were a bit larger. Tough going from the 4000 mAh in the e5 down to the 3000 mAh in the g6. The very quick 3A/15W charging makes up for it, though, as does the front fingerprint sensor, better CPU/RAM/storage, and full HD screen. No complaints so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hope your G6 holds up better than my G6 Play (yes it was a POS). Fingerprint Sensor quit working in less than 1 year. (Software disappeared from menu) Mic quite working 13 months in. Pie made phone sluggish even after reset. Wi-Fi & cellular reception weak in fringe areas.

My new E6 is going back as it has a bad mic right out of the box. Motorola quality control is in the toilet since being acquired by Lenovo.

Hope the G8 line brings back some of the good ole Motorola quality from the past.

Device(s)
    Moto g6
    Feedback Score
    Meh, I rarely keep a phone for more than a year anyway. Always picking up something new with the TF 1 year service bundle, so if this g6 lasts 12 months with no major issues, it was certainly worth the $100 I paid for it. $50, I suppose, when you consider the service it came with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2