Thread: Visible - bizarre failure on one phone only - Moto E6

Feedback Score

Visible - bizarre failure on one phone only - Moto E6

I hope this does not happen to anyone else - especially those with a limited number of Visible-compatible devices.

My original Moto E6 running my main number decided not to grant access to anything but "emergency calls" even though data was still working and I could move that same SIM to any other compatible device and restore full service.

Something about this SIM and that particular Moto E6 created a block from access to voLTE calls - sending or receiving. I followed internet guidance about the error message - going so far as to factory reset the device. Even a factory reset could not restore service. I don't know if it would have been worth a chat with Visible to re-do their provisioning. I figured they would say "no problem" since the SIM works in every other phone including spare Moto E6s that I have laying around. If I did not have other Visible-compatible phones I would be completely without normal dial-in, dial-out service to my main cell number.

If anyone more technical than myself could comment on how a particular phone/SIM combination can be blocked when each works well when separated from one another - I would be fascinated to find any explanation. Otherwise, this will be a warning of a possible future to all using Moto E6 on Visible.

Dan

Feedback Score
    That is bizarre. My Moto E6 works fine... wonder what would cause that to happen. Perhaps a virus of some sort??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    That is bizarre. My Moto E6 works fine... wonder what would cause that to happen. Perhaps a virus of some sort??
    It is not just a phone problem - other SIM cards from Visible work fine in that phone. The problem SIM works fine in other Moto E6 devices. That is why I can't even brainstorm where a mix of SIM and unique device info could trigger a block only on voice calls and not on data.

I hope it never happens again but I thought I'd start a discussion just in case.

Dan

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Did you request another SIM from Visible?

Feedback Score
    Here's my off the wall idea. Maybe the SIM tray of that specific phone & punch out centering of that specific SIM don't match up correctly. But away from each other they're enough to work.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Here's my off the wall idea. Maybe the SIM tray of that specific phone & punch out centering of that specific SIM don't match up correctly. But away from each other they're enough to work.
    This SIM was one of my first from Visible so it has been in and out of many phones and potentially has wear and tear in that process. Both SIM and phone have been tested independently - the phone handles all other visible SIMs and the older Visible SIM has worked in an iPhone SE and other models of the Moto E6. Since I value this phone number and the idea I am uncapped forever due to the timing of the Visible purchase - I will eventually ask Visible to swap the SIM. I hope this does not happen to someone with a limited number of viable phones.

Thanks for the sensible theory!

Dan

Feedback Score
    It happened to me too last month. Everything has worked fine for two months with my Moto E6 until last month. Now I only have data. No phone or sms service. Online help could not fix it and they have never sent an additional email with further instructions. No offer of another sim.

Since I mostly use it for data, I cannot be sure of what happened. I was getting so much sms and phone spam that I disabled the messages app. It stopped it of course but I also noticed no more spam calls. Then later I did have a security update on the moto. I enabled the messages app again to see if that helped, but nothing.

Feedback Score
    Finally got an email from Visible Care, but it still does not make calls/texts.

" Hi there,

This is the Visible Care team reaching out in regards to your service issue. We've done a few things on the back end and your SIM has been re-provisioned. You should be able to get normal service from here. We would recommend that you power cycle from here. If there is still an issue with service or if you have any questions or concerns, definitely chat in with us on either the Visible app or our website at www.visible.com.

Thank you!"