Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile Connect Plans Now Live

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    with this plan will i be able to roam on sprints network or is that for postpaid only?
    Postpaid doesn’t roam on Sprint’s network. Some of sprints network assets will be moved over to be used by T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    Postpaid doesn’t roam on Sprint’s network. Some of sprints network assets will be moved over to be used by T-Mobile.
    really? y not? sprint can roam on t-mobile

Feedback Score
    really? y not? sprint can roam on t-mobile
    Because sprint’s network is eventually going away. It wouldn’t make sense to put the effort into making roaming work for a short time. There’s also a technology mismatch. Sprint still relies on CDMA. It’s probably easier to allow sprint phones that are compatible with T-Mobile to roam on T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    The website says I have to call tmobile to change service plans. I called tmobile and they say I need a new sim card because the old one is for a legacy plan. Is that true? I will go to a store to make sure everything goes well. I do not want to accidentally lose my existing phone number. Is it special.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flipphoneguy View Post
    The website says I have to call tmobile to change service plans. I called tmobile and they say I need a new sim card because the old one is for a legacy plan. Is that true? I will go to a store to make sure everything goes well. I do not want to accidentally lose my existing phone number. Is it special.
    Yep, that sounds rather normal. For anyone on the old prepaid billing system, they have to migrate you to the new one and swap SIM cards (basically sets you up with a real account number, too). Once you get that done, you can pick between the Connect plans (2GB/5GB), Simply Prepaid (10GB/Unlimited/Unlimited Plus), or Mobile Internet (2GB/6GB/10GB/14GB/18GB/22GB) plans.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by overlock View Post
    Because sprint’s network is eventually going away. It wouldn’t make sense to put the effort into making roaming work for a short time. There’s also a technology mismatch. Sprint still relies on CDMA. It’s probably easier to allow sprint phones that are compatible with T-Mobile to roam on T-Mobile.
    not roam on CDMA but roam on their LTE

Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yep, that sounds rather normal. For anyone on the old prepaid billing system, they have to migrate you to the new one and swap SIM cards (basically sets you up with a real account number, too). Once you get that done, you can pick between the Connect plans (2GB/5GB), Simply Prepaid (10GB/Unlimited/Unlimited Plus), or Mobile Internet (2GB/6GB/10GB/14GB/18GB/22GB) plans.
    will i be able to get the Connect plan at the store?
    will there be a activation fee?
    best place to get a cheap SIM card?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    not roam on CDMA but roam on their LTE
    You may not get VoLTE on roaming, meaning that a number of T-Mobile devices wouldn't be able to make phone calls if they jump over to Sprint's network. In general, while it may help coverage in the short-term for a few areas, I don't think T-Mobile wants to add anyone to the soon-to-be-shut-down Sprint network...move the Sprint folks over gradually, start dismantling and refarming (people are seeing LTE Band 41, a traditional Sprint band, on T-Mobile in some areas.) Personally, I think a compromise could be that adding the ability to manually select Sprint to roam onto if someone chooses, but it would be a kind of hidden, intentional choice.

will i be able to get the Connect plan at the store?
    will there be a activation fee?
    best place to get a cheap SIM card?
    Yes, you can get it in the store or online. The eSIM process is the only one where you have to get a higher-priced plan and downgrade. There isn't an activation fee, but they'll charge $10 for the SIM card. Some stores may waive it like they did with the 10GB plan in the past, but I can't confirm (it's been ages since I've been in a T-Mobile store to activate service):

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-device

As for places, any T-Mobile SIM should work, but most third-party places will probably end up around the $10 mark for the SIM and shipping. Retail isn't as widely distributed as AT&T, Cricket, Tracfone, etc., so it may be best to just bite the bullet and get it through T-Mobile.

My only advice if you're porting a number, activate with a new number and once everything is working, port in yourself afterwards. That's how T-Mobile usually does it and avoids any snags with account access not working (this was especially the case when they first rolled out the new Rebellion billing system). You can port the number yourself at any time by going to Line Details > Change a phone number > Transfer your number.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile Connect Plans Now Live

My only advice if you're porting a number, activate with a new number and once everything is working, port in yourself afterwards. That's how T-Mobile usually does it and avoids any snags with account access not working (this was especially the case when they first rolled out the new Rebellion billing system). You can port the number yourself at any time by going to Line Details > Change a phone number > Transfer your number.[/QUOTE]

Really that will work with prepaid to? I didn’t know that. Will make things alot easier. Plus if you need a physical sim card until ready for eSim you can just use the eSim app to change over they told me it’s simple!

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    You may not get VoLTE on roaming, meaning that a number of T-Mobile devices wouldn't be able to make phone calls if they jump over to Sprint's network. In general, while it may help coverage in the short-term for a few areas, I don't think T-Mobile wants to add anyone to the soon-to-be-shut-down Sprint network...move the Sprint folks over gradually, start dismantling and refarming (people are seeing LTE Band 41, a traditional Sprint band, on T-Mobile in some areas.) Personally, I think a compromise could be that adding the ability to manually select Sprint to roam onto if someone chooses, but it would be a kind of hidden, intentional choice.

Yes, you can get it in the store or online. The eSIM process is the only one where you have to get a higher-priced plan and downgrade. There isn't an activation fee, but they'll charge $10 for the SIM card. Some stores may waive it like they did with the 10GB plan in the past, but I can't confirm (it's been ages since I've been in a T-Mobile store to activate service):

https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-device

As for places, any T-Mobile SIM should work, but most third-party places will probably end up around the $10 mark for the SIM and shipping. Retail isn't as widely distributed as AT&T, Cricket, Tracfone, etc., so it may be best to just bite the bullet and get it through T-Mobile.

My only advice if you're porting a number, activate with a new number and once everything is working, port in yourself afterwards. That's how T-Mobile usually does it and avoids any snags with account access not working (this was especially the case when they first rolled out the new Rebellion billing system). You can port the number yourself at any time by going to Line Details > Change a phone number > Transfer your number.
    thanks for the info..
    ive look around and ur right best place to get a sim card in pron at the store.....as long as i can port my number in at some point with no issues then im good...i got a visible account, when i ported over to metro pcs 6 months ago they was able to port it..when i go to the store ill have them set up the account then after everything works ill have them do the port before i leave the store

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Really that will work with prepaid to? I didn’t know that. Will make things alot easier. Plus if you need a physical sim card until ready for eSim you can just use the eSim app to change over they told me it’s simple!
    The porting in over an existing number seems to be the way T-Mobile has always preferred things just to verify that the account is set up and working and they don't seem to have a time frame when it has to be done (unlike some others that charge for a number change after a month or so).

For transferring physical SIM->eSIM, it seems to only be an option for postpaid. With prepaid, they only point you to the app, which is only set up to activate a new line (have to pay before you can do anything). Customer service might be able to migrate a number over later, but there isn't a 1:1 change using a QR code or EID information like there is with postpaid.

thanks for the info..
    ive look around and ur right best place to get a sim card in pron at the store.....as long as i can port my number in at some point with no issues then im good...i got a visible account, when i ported over to metro pcs 6 months ago they was able to port it..when i go to the store ill have them set up the account then after everything works ill have them do the port before i leave the store
    Yeah, I ran into an issue about two years ago where the store set me up with my to-be-ported number on a brand new SIM and I left without working service, they weren't sure, and the order was pending (my old service was still working). They couldn't do much else at that point, either due to a limitation of the system or inexperience with Rebellion, but told me to check back in two days if things hadn't changed. Sure enough, everything kicked early morning two days later and it was working. Since then, I've done ports in in-store and they've gone fine, but a lot of people seem to favor the idea of having a dummy number and replacing it, especially if the carrier you're porting from has a problem. I don't know the validity of that, but I do like the interface/setup/process that T-Mobile has for replacing/porting numbers in.

Feedback Score
    I was able to order and set up an account online. I used a sim purchased on Amazon for $8.85. At the end of the online account setup, I paid $16.04 for the first month and was told to call for the port in. It may have been possible to chat. I called and gave the representative my Sprint port out info. I went to bed and then found out the next morning that I had emails about a problem with the port. I called back with the correct Sprint pin number and the port was completed within minutes. The calls reached a live person in less than 5 minutes.

Feedback Score
    Well I went to the Tmobile store only to talk with an ignorant employee who didn't think I could switch from the walmart plan to the tmbile connect plan. Said I needed the $40 or $50 ones. I walked away. Going to call tmobile only and avoid there stores.

Feedback Score
    I called tmobile, the only way to go to avoid dumb people. They are sending me a sim card free.
    Will have to wait a month but then I will switch.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    can i use any t-mobile sim card?

i found this one for $3 on ebay can i use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Mobile-4G...8AAOSwydpd~PxC

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    can i use any t-mobile sim card?

i found this one for $3 on ebay can i use?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Mobile-4G...8AAOSwydpd~PxC
    also can i use the refill cards to pay for my bill...i know i can get them cheap at my target and ebay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast