Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can you activate a Tracfone with only the PIN purchased at Walmart?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Thanks for letting me know this which would indeed have saved me the time and effort. So there's no need to contact customer service to have it rebranded. And I am assuming that this is also the case with a PagePlus, correct?
    Sometimes. If it accepts the IMEI then no.

At various times this has worked less well and required CSR intervention.

If you enter the IMEI and it gives an error of some sort, then you contact CS.

Not a clue about PPC anymore. Maybe ask in the PPC forum.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    And I am assuming that this is also the case with a PagePlus, correct?
    I previously bought a Straight Talk phone (which came with a Verizon SIM), to upgrade a PagePlus flip-phone. The Straight Talk phone had not been activated anywhere. I forget whether PagePlus asked for the IMEI or SIM number, but I gave it and made no mention of Straight Talk or re-branding. It activated fine, and I got VoLTE and data without issue.

Also, a little over a year later, when I asked about unlocking it, they checked the IMEI and said it was already unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for letting me know this which would indeed have saved me the time and effort. So there's no need to contact customer service to have it rebranded. And I am assuming that this is also the case with a PagePlus, correct?
    I activated my TF branded MyFlip on PP with the sim in it no problem. So most likely the same with a TW one. I think there's been posts about people using any TF company (TW, ST etc,) phones also activating on PP. I also later swapped that sim with another active phones BYOP sim to swap numbers and balances between phones. Again, no problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3