Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New 2GB Plan, More Data and/or Hotspot Temporarily Included with Some Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score

New 2GB Plan, More Data and/or Hotspot Temporarily Included with Some Plans

It looks like AT&T/Cricket has decided to respond to T-Mobile's Connect plans under the current circumstances:

https://www.cricketwireless.com/news...ty-update.html

Starting Friday, March 27, Cricket is offering new ways to help customers during this tough time.

We’re launching a new limited time phone plan:

The new $15 plan comes with 2GB of data, unlimited talk and text, and will be available for a limited time. The plan is available to new and existing customers with no activation fee.

We will begin adding data to capped and unlimited phone plans for a limited time:

Automatically adding 10GB of data to capped plans for new and existing customers. That means if you’re on the $30/2GB plan or the $40/5GB plan, you’ll get an additional 10GB of data for mobile hotspot or smartphone use for two bill cycles. After two bill cycles, you will no longer receive the additional data.

Automatically adding 10GB of data to unlimited plans for new and existing customers. That means if you’re on the $55 unlimited plan without mobile hotspot, you will receive 10GB of data for hotspot use. If you’re on the $60 unlimited plan with 15GB of mobile hotspot, you’ll get an additional 10GB of data for mobile hotspot use. Both plans will receive the additional data for two bill cycles. After two bill cycles, you will no longer receive the additional data.

The $15 2GB limited time offer will be available starting Friday, March 27 online at www.cricketwireless.com, via the MyCricket app, or in store. Also starting March 27, we will begin adding the additional hotspot data to eligible plans. It may take up to one week for existing customers to receive the additional data. If you’re heading to a Cricket store please check store hours of operation first.
    I think this is the first time AT&T Prepaid and Cricket have offered the same plan at the same price...I wonder if the Cricket one will be capped at 8Mbps or if it's really the exact same thing.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the 15.00 2GB plan will be grandfathered once this promo expires. Cricket has been known to grandfather their promo plans. We all shall see

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echance20 View Post
    I wonder if the 15.00 2GB plan will be grandfathered once this promo expires...
    My question exactly.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

Feedback Score
    Wow, this will probably keep me with Cricket for a few more months. Just so I understand. The $15 plan only includes 2GB of data (not the additional temporary 10GB of the other plans)?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBeatzX View Post
    Wow, this will probably keep me with Cricket for a few more months. Just so I understand. The $15 plan only includes 2GB of data (not the additional temporary 10GB of the other plans)?
    The data stimulus doesn’t apply to the Simply Data plans and $15/mo. voice-and-data plan.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about ppl on the 5 for $100?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    It sounds like they'd get the bonus data since it's the 5GB plan. If you're asking about transferring to the 2GB plan, that also sounds possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app
    I was wondering that too, I thought stimulus should be applicable since it is same as having 5gb plan.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why not just switch to AT&T prepaid? Crickets $15 plan throttles at 8 mbps while AT&T doesn’t.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bandoba View Post
    I was wondering that too, I thought stimulus should be applicable since it is same as having 5gb plan.
    Its actually the $40 5gb plan isnt it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eprius View Post
    Why not just switch to AT&T prepaid? Crickets $15 plan throttles at 8 mbps while AT&T doesn’t.
    I think there's pros and cons to both…right now you can't even sign up for AT&T Prepaid's plan (although I think we all can wait a few hours for them to sort that out). Domeone might have other Cricket lines and it's easier to have account management in one place and/or a temporary downgrade on an existing line (no new SIM card needed, just pick a new plan).

Obviously if someone had the choice to start both from scratch, the AT&T Prepaid offering seems quite a bit better (even if the account management tools are older and fussier).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    So apparently I have a grandfathered $55 unlimited plan that's not mentioned in the free hotspot. When I try to turn it on, it turns off, or tells me to go into my account to add this feature.
    I have 3 lines so it's $90 for all 3.
    I try to change online to the new $55/unlimited plan; says it's the same price; same discounts apply, $55+25+10 but says my monthly would be $135 ??!!

I try to chat & it says to try during office hours, yet they're still open for 3+ more hours??

1) does anyone know if my plan will get the hotspot w/in the next week (mentioned on their corona update page; but doesn't specify what plans)
    2) what the difference in my old $55 unlimited vs the new? seems like same speeds, prices etc?
    Alcatel idol 3

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanw20 View Post
    So apparently I have a grandfathered $55 unlimited plan that's not mentioned in the free hotspot. When I try to turn it on, it turns off, or tells me to go into my account to add this feature.
    I have 3 lines so it's $90 for all 3.
    I try to change online to the new $55/unlimited plan; says it's the same price; same discounts apply, $55+25+10 but says my monthly would be $135 ??!!

I try to chat & it says to try during office hours, yet they're still open for 3+ more hours??

1) does anyone know if my plan will get the hotspot w/in the next week (mentioned on their corona update page; but doesn't specify what plans)
    2) what the difference in my old $55 unlimited vs the new? seems like same speeds, prices etc?
    I don't have it on the current $55 Core plan either, but considering that AT&T didn't start offering the $15 AT&T Prepaid plan until this afternoon, I think they're slowly rolling out all the changes for AT&T Prepaid and Cricket. The new and old plans are basically the same, except that the new one is technically always deprioritized, not after 22GB, but I see a lot of references to the 22GB threshold here and there (like in the app) and typically always hit the full 3Mbps.

As for chat, support might be a bit overwhelmed and it's a fallback message...a lot of providers are getting long phone and chat wait times, too.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    My question exactly.
    Have called cricket C's, was on hold for 90 minutes,, then a recording abruptly terminated the call for a supposed emergency.

Googled and got this link from t mobile which indicates only good for two months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...NnKmvxIirPu-7s

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Googled and got this link from t mobile which indicates only good for two months.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...NnKmvxIirPu-7s
    They made it confusing by also releasing two $15 options: Metro is only offering it for two months, but T-Mobile Connect is going to be an ongoing plan (was announced long before the current situation). AT&T/Cricket are offering extra data and features for the next two months, too, but haven't announced an end date on their $15 plans.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast