Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Discount for automatic payments

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So I see that I am not the only one who has this problem. I waited for my bill to be auto-paid from my checking account and charged an additional amount, but not the full amount of next month's bill. I immediately got the email saying that next month's bill would be $40 higher (I have 4 lines on our plan). So the person who said it's $10 per account is not accurate. And $10 extra per line is basically 25% of my bill.

I figure I will contact CS once I get the new bill to ask if they can credit me the $40 for the month but it's disappointing to hear that this has changed. I had also paid part of the bill by credit card before the autopay once and it worked but I figured that I would try something I thought was less risky this time. I did not want to contact them before the bill closed because I had already contacted them once this month to get an activation fee I had been charged waived so I figured I would not complicate things further.

Has anyone tried paying via the in-store kiosk to see if the same thing is happening? There was talk in an earlier thread that doing that did not affect the auto-pay discount (I never tried it).

Update -- just checked my bill and it showed up as "Autopay non-compliance charge". Wow.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    I don't use Verizon any more, but I would imagine that there was some notice at least 30 days prior to the change (either mailed or online).
    This change impacted my account several months ago. I used to do the same - charge the majority of my account balance to a credit card a few days before the auto-pay from my debit card. I got a warning that ANY credit card charge would result in me losing my autopay discount. I've been paying the full bill by debit since. If I recall correctly, I did get charged the credit card rate one time, which customer service credited one time for me. I haven't tried applying a partial (or full) credit card charge since. But their system can instantly tell the difference between a debit card and credit card when you enter the number.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did anyone do a chat with CS to get the charge refunded? I haven't done it yet but guess I need to soon before the next bill closes. Just wondering if there was any pushback when you asked them to credit it back.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    Did anyone do a chat with CS to get the charge refunded? I haven't done it yet but guess I need to soon before the next bill closes. Just wondering if there was any pushback when you asked them to credit it back.
    Yes. I called in and got a credit. I won’t be using a credit card to pay any portion of the bill going forward however as it seems Verizon’s systems have caught on to this trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Yes. I called in and got a credit. I won’t be using a credit card to pay any portion of the bill going forward however as it seems Verizon’s systems have caught on to this trick.
    Thanks. I just did a chat and got the $40 refunded. As you say, I'll have to resist temptation to do this again. I'm guessing that the old trick of paying in store on a kiosk doesn't work either? Not that I feel like going to one of their stores at the moment.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9”
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good thing I have no reason to do autopay on my account. Saving 1.5% ($10) off my bill is not that big for me, plus I don’t have to worry about them double dipping.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    Good thing I have no reason to do autopay on my account. Saving 1.5% ($10) off my bill is not that big for me, plus I don’t have to worry about them double dipping.
    Your bill is $1500 for a single line?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9”
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBill View Post
    Your bill is $1500 for a single line?
    LOL

I’m on the old “new unlimited plan” from February 2017. I currently have 12 lines for $330+tax=$365 (for service). With DPP and insurance on some lines my bill is more like $650. This plan only gives you a $10 discount per account (not line) if you have auto pay.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    For those looking for a way to pay your Verizon bill by credit card and keep the autopay discount, check out the thread on the newly announced Verizon Visa card. It seems to have some nice features beyond the ability to autopay on a credit card and get a 2% rebate for Verizon payments, like 4% back on gas and grocery purchases and 3% on dining.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...izon-Visa-Card

Feedback Score
    the problem I have with auto pay is that the autp pay date is never the same date as my payday at work which means that I never have the money in my account when the autopay date comes around because on payday I pay all the bills I need to, I buy a gas card for $90, and i spend the rest. If the could make it so that the bill pay date was my payday things would be fine.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can request a change of your billing date, but they cannot make it match an ever-changing paycheck date. Only so much that can be done by any billing service.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9”
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I just recently ask for them to change my due date, so the autopay would come out the following day after I get paid. The only drawback when you change the due date, is you will double pay for any devices you have on DPP. But at least you will be able to up grade one month earlier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2