Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My LG Fiesta 2 bid farewell

Feedback Score

My LG Fiesta 2 bid farewell

My Fiesta phone died all of sudden as it won't accept any charges. I think the battery is dead because when phone was on 2% charge, I plugged in and it won't accept any charge. So it went dead.

And the battery is sealed, so can't switch out the battery. Luckily I was able to switch out sim card from Fiesta to Myflip phone which I had as a back up.

My question is is there any way to retrieve contact numbers from a dead phone?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Are the contacts associated with your google account?

https://contacts.google.com/

Try another outlet, try a different charging cable.

You can get a refurb LG fiesta 2 from TF with $15 airtime care for $18 plus tax

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post17124703
    Member formerly known as "lappers"

Device(s)
    Unlocked Tracfone iPhone SE & iPhone 6S, Tracfone Samsung Luna Pro, Tracfone LG Rebel 4
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There is a related thread here:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1916064

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...9#post17098909

Try putting the sim back in and powering up.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the link tomseys. That guy seem to have same problem I had with his Fiesta not charging. I tried everything including switched out the charging plug and reinserting the sim with no result.

The contacts on Fiesta is not associated with Google account so can't go that route. I had Fiesta for almost two year, so have a quite few contacts stored on phone. I should have written down all the contacts on piece of paper for safe keeping. Oh well.

Right now I am eyeing Moto E6 HSN have for $60 with 1500 promotional bundle.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try pressing and holding the power and volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. See if it will soft reset.

If it doesn't work, plug in device for one hour, try again.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-l...20150369218648

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_D View Post
    The contacts on Fiesta is not associated with Google account so can't go that route. I had Fiesta for almost two year, so have a quite few contacts stored on phone.
    If the phone will not run at all, you can't get the contacts file off to use on another phone. It is pretty much mandatory to use a Google account for archiving the contacts list. If you wanted to save the contacts list before the phone failure, there are ways to do this like Export the vCard (VCF) file.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Try pressing and holding the power and volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds. See if it will soft reset.

If it doesn't work, plug in device for one hour, try again.

https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-l...20150369218648
    Thanks tomseys. That did the trick. I charge the phone for an hour and then press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously brought the phone back to life. And then recharge the phone to full capacity.

I knew I was going to miss Fiesta due to its awesome battery capability and holding time. But we are back on.

Thanks again.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    The contacts on Fiesta is not associated with Google account so can't go that route. I had Fiesta for almost two year, so have a quite few contacts stored on phone.
    If you choose not to use online contacts (like Google provides) it's incumbent on you to keep backups (just as you had to before Google/smartphones)

Only solution if you didn't is replace the battery (or pay someone to do so). Battery is $10-20. Not sure what labor would be, maybe $30?
    Or pop off the back and mid frame. Maybe remove the mainboard to prevent damage.
    See first 4 minutes here:
    https://youtu.be/pKhQthYhYes

How much are the contacts worth to you?

Might be cheaper/easier to buy new device for the battery and swap the mainboards.

Of course it may not be the battery.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E6, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Thanks tomseys. That did the trick. I charge the phone for an hour and then press and hold the power and volume down button simultaneously brought the phone back to life. And then recharge the phone to full capacity.

I knew I was going to miss Fiesta due to its awesome battery capability and holding time. But we are back on.

Thanks again.
    Now sync your contacts with your google account. That way if it happens again you just sync it with the new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If the phone will not run at all, you can't get the contacts file off to use on another phone. It is pretty much mandatory to use a Google account for archiving the contacts list. If you wanted to save the contacts list before the phone failure, there are ways to do this like Export the vCard (VCF) file.
    I think I learned my lesson regarding contact info with the LG mishap. I will check out the VCF vCard file.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    If you choose not to use online contacts (like Google provides) it's incumbent on you to keep backups (just as you had to before Google/smartphones)

Only solution if you didn't is replace the battery (or pay someone to do so). Battery is $10-20. Not sure what labor would be, maybe $30?
    Or pop off the back and mid frame. Maybe remove the mainboard to prevent damage.
    See first 4 minutes here:
    https://youtu.be/pKhQthYhYes

How much are the contacts worth to you?

Might be cheaper/easier to buy new device for the battery and swap the mainboards.

Of course it may not be the battery.
    Looks like the disaster averted for now.

Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude
    Now sync your contacts with your google account. That way if it happens again you just sync it with the new phone.
    Thanks again. You guys are awesome.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thanks again.
    Glad to hear it helped!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Don`t assume your Fiesta will not turn around and do it to you again... soon.

Feedback Score
    Aren't contacts located on the SIM card, or are they on the internal drive?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Aren't contacts located on the SIM card, or are they on the internal drive?
    I think on some phones or maybe the OS you can select to have contacts on your SD card. If not you could simply occasionally export them to your SD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast