Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Banks told to have $23B ready on April 1st for T-Mobile & Sprint Merger

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Banks told to have $23B ready on April 1st for T-Mobile & Sprint Merger

Still holding my breath this closes but with the Covid19 issue not sure it goes down.

A group of sixteen banks will have to provide $23 billion of loans to T-Mobile US Inc. in order to allow the mobile carrier to close its planned acquisition of Sprint Corp., after the Covid-19 outbreak disrupted plans to sell the debt to third-party investors.“

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-s-sprint-deal

Feedback Score
    i still do not think they can legally close until the tunney act review is done. and i really dont think the banks will have the stomach for this deal with the stock of sprint down to nothing. stock market will be at or near 0 really soon

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    i still do not think they can legally close until the tunney act review is done. and i really dont think the banks will have the stomach for this deal with the stock of sprint down to nothing. stock market will be at or near 0 really soon
    Sprint’s stock is $8.44 a share that will be held up near that value by the deals $23 Billion. If this merger fails then Sprint stock will drop to under $4. It would go lower but SoftBank owns 85% that would force them to take Sprint private. Also, no way no how is the stock market in the USA will be worthless as you said. Not going to argue the Tunney Act but the judge was supposed to release his opinion last November. So unless he files a ruling that blocks the merger before the merger, I sure don’t see anything that is preventing a merger except for the Coronavirus that is loaning lots of money to other corporations to keep them in business. T-Mobile is considered a buy after this deal closes by many market stock analysts since the massive spectrum will give T-Mobile a major advantage over the competition.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I hope nothing else holds this up. Would really like to see T-Mobile get going on the integration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Sprint’s stock is $8.44 a share that will be held up near that value by the deals $23 Billion. If this merger fails then Sprint stock will drop to under $4. It would go lower but SoftBank owns 85% that would force them to take Sprint private. Also, no way no how is the stock market in the USA will be worthless as you said. Not going to argue the Tunney Act but the judge was supposed to release his opinion last November. So unless he files a ruling that blocks the merger before the merger, I sure don’t see anything that is preventing a merger except for the Coronavirus that is loaning lots of money to other corporations to keep them in business. T-Mobile is considered a buy after this deal closes by many market stock analysts since the massive spectrum will give T-Mobile a major advantage over the competition.
    $8 is near to $0. and i do think coronavirus should stop the merger as it is clearly a better deal for tmobile to get sprint from a bankruptcy bid and save a ton of money... or have dish network or even a cable company buy them in bankruptcy. Sprint was in talks with a cable company. At least with a cable company no real loss of jobs per say as the cable company can also sell it in their cable stores. I also think it is really anticompetive and a job loss magnet. And how legally can they close without the tunney act review? and even if they do close on april 1 and then the rulling goes against tmobile then they are broken up.... so why close?

Feedback Score
    $8 is near to $0. and i do think coronavirus should stop the merger as it is clearly a better deal for tmobile to get sprint from a bankruptcy bid and save a ton of money...
    Because there wouldn't be any other buyers for their assets like at&t and Verizon? T-Mobile needs that 2.5 GHz NOW not in a few years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Because there wouldn't be any other buyers for their assets like at&t and Verizon? T-Mobile needs that 2.5 GHz NOW not in a few years.
    Sprint file for bankruptcy as son as the deal is rejected by the Tunney act review. Now think of this and ask yourself why the ruling for the Tunney act is not out? Because the judge will reject it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Sprint file for bankruptcy as son as the deal is rejected by the Tunney act review. Now think of this and ask yourself why the ruling for the Tunney act is not out? Because the judge will reject it

A lot of people seem to think that it will be a denial due to taking so long. Would be a shame at this point for it to not go through with all that’s been done so far and all that time etc

We shall see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    A lot of people seem to think that it will be a denial due to taking so long. Would be a shame at this point for it to not go through with all that’s been done so far and all that time etc

We shall see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    It would be a even greater tragedy for it to be approved. I suspect that there could be corruption as the T-Mobile execs did stay at a certain hotel and that could be seen as influencing the government. Reason enough to cancel the deal.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It would be a even greater tragedy for it to be approved. I suspect that there could be corruption as the T-Mobile execs did stay at a certain hotel and that could be seen as influencing the government. Reason enough to cancel the deal.

This deal should have been completed 4 years ago. As a consecutive 20-year Sprint customer, we have only had 3 1/4 nationwide carriers.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Calling this a tragedy if the merger goes through is ridiculous. AT&T and Verizon receive 90% of the profit of the four networks. If you want true competition then the DOJ should break up AT&T again along with Verizon into four networks if they want real competition. John Legend staying in the hotel you are referring to as being a bribe is also ridiculous. Also, Sprint stock price of $8.44 a share isn’t close to zero.

AT&T and Verizon have been jointly conspiring together for price fixing in violation of Antitrust laws for many years. One thing both AT&T and Verizon did that was illegal was to conspiring with equipment manufacturers Qualcomm and Motorola to not make equipment for “Band 12 in 700 MHz Block A” which was owned by the smaller networks. The only reason that equipment manufacturers started developing Block A equipment was after Cspire and other small networks that owned Block A spectrum filled a Anti-Trust case against AT&T and Motorola and few others.

What is the real reason you are against this merger since if anything the merger will increase competition in mobile networks.

C Spire sues AT&T, others for allegedly blocking its 700 MHz plans

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...-700-mhz-plans

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    This deal should have been completed 4 years ago. As a consecutive 20-year Sprint customer, we have only had 3 1/4 nationwide carriers.
    I guess that prompts the question, if Sprint is so bad you only consider them 1/4th of a carrier, why have you used them for 20 years?

I'll guess it's a value proposition. I've been a T-Mobile customer for 19 years, and while they've made great strides in coverage recently, most of it was a pretty bumpy ride. But even in the days of really lackluster coverage, T-Mo was considerably cheaper than their competitors, making their service attractive to me- they provided decent service at a great price (comparitively, anyway.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Calling this a tragedy if the merger goes through is ridiculous. AT&T and Verizon receive 90% of the profit of the four networks. If you want true competition then the DOJ should break up AT&T again along with Verizon if they want real competition. John Legend staying in the hotel you are referring to as being a bribe is also ridiculous. Also, Sprint stock price of $8.44 a share isn’t close to zero.

AT&T and Verizon have been jointly conspiring together for price fixing in violation of Antitrust laws for many years. One thing both AT&T and Verizon did that was illegal was to conspiring with equipment manufacturers to not make equipment for “Band 12 in 700 MHz Block A” which was owned by the smaller networks. The only reason that equipment manufacturers started developing Block A was after Cspire and other small networks that owned Block A spectrum filled a Anti-Trust case against AT&T and Motorola and few others.

What is the real reason you are against this merger since if anything the merger will increase competition in mobile networks.
    They should break up big tech companies like att Verizon T-Mobile and Sprint should be broken up. Even micro$oft. It is time for companies to face a Reckoning for there anti competitive past deeds

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I guess that prompts the question, if Sprint is so bad you only consider them 1/4th of a carrier, why have you used them for 20 years?

I'll guess it's a value proposition. I've been a T-Mobile customer for 19 years, and while they've made great strides in coverage recently, most of it was a pretty bumpy ride. But even in the days of really lackluster coverage, T-Mo was considerably cheaper than their competitors, making their service attractive to me- they provided decent service at a great price (comparitively, anyway.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    You assumed that Sprint is a 1/4 carrier. In my area, Sprint is a 3/4 carrier and T-Mo is 1/2. It may flip in other areas.

I can hardly wait for T-Mo to be heads and shoulders above AT&T and Verizon - like 125%.

I don’t have much time for AT&T and Verizon, plus I like underdogs who make for better competition.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Banks told to have $23B ready on April 1st for T-Mobile & Sprint Merger

They should break up big tech companies like att Verizon T-Mobile and Sprint should be broken up. Even micro$oft. It is time for companies to face a Reckoning for there anti competitive past deeds

How many times in US history has the Tunney Act ever stopped a merger right in its tracks?

And even if they did give it a thumbs down why would it even stop T-Mobile?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast