Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile - Sprint Merger has finalized

Feedback Score

T-Mobile - Sprint Merger has finalized

Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Interstate commerce is a Federal issue not a state issue. States have already lost their chance in Federal court and the Tunney Act Review. CPUC can shove it where the sun don’t shine and T-Mobile will see them in court if they try to do anything.
    Long as T-Mobile has merged and it’s done that’s all I care about . The CPUC can shove it. They’re just mad sprint withdrew and made them look like fools . Deployment is underway , I would expect to see our first glimpse of what new T-Mobile can do in the next 2 weeks.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Long as T-Mobile has merged and it’s done that’s all I care about . The CPUC can shove it. They’re just mad sprint withdrew and made them look like fools . Deployment is underway , I would expect to see our first glimpse of what new T-Mobile can do in the next 2 weeks.
    Well If we were in Philadelphia we could see some fast deployment. I trust what Neville said in your post ( I think) that I copped.

Name:  B45C0490-3D5E-49DE-96DD-F6C5BDECBAAF.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  41.6 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    Anyone have a map of the combined coverage?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    https://esrimedia.maps.arcgis.com/ap...7dc6&embed#map

https://www.mosaik.com/news/mosaik-m...bile-network-/

Name:  IMG_0218.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  61.3 KB
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Interstate commerce is a Federal issue not a state issue. States have already lost their chance in Federal court and the Tunney Act Review.
    Where did you see a formal announcement that the Tunney Act review was settled?
    Agree that telephony should be considered Interstate Commerce. Kalifornia has a habit of ignoring Federal jurisdiction, unless they goof up enough and beg for a hand-out.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Where did you see a formal announcement that the Tunney Act review was settled? ....
    https://www.law360.com/corporate/art...-deal-with-doj
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I don't think that's what @shortyd999 meant by "coverage".

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    FINALLY!!! NOW BRING ON SPRINT SPECTRUM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Agree that telephony should be considered Interstate Commerce. Kalifornia has a habit of ignoring Federal jurisdiction, unless they goof up enough and beg for a hand-out.
    I think it was Checker79 that posted this statement.

Name:  2D9D66D6-3592-4F4E-A13B-E097DD835F56.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  29.6 KB

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Lol nah but it's also good to.l see how much spectrum they have in different places.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I don't think that's what @shortyd999 meant by "coverage".
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    FINALLY!!! NOW BRING ON SPRINT SPECTRUM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I can not wait for it to be deployed.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I think the PRK is too important a market to just forego. It's like with the insurance companies. If Alabama or Mississippi make it hard to do business, they just say, "To bad, we won't write policies in your state." Florida, Texas and California have a lot more clout. T-Mobile needs California and the PSC won't suffer one bit if T-Mobile stops doing business there.
    This is largely what I was thinking. The network itself is Federally regulated -- I don't believe California can meaningfully restrict T-Mobile's network in the state. T-Mobile is leasing bandwidth in the state from the Federal Government and California should have no right to restrict T-Mobile's usage of the leased spectrum.

What California could possibly do is to not allow T-Mobile to have retail stores (basically prevent them from selling service from within the state) but T-Mobile could still do Internet sales to Californians -- as well as maintain their current customer base. They might possibly be able to block T-Mobile from having employees who live in California; which would make maintaining the network harder and more expensive, but not impossible. Last, I think T-Mobile doesn't believe any of this is likely to occur.

Again, I think T-Mobile thinks that they should have a rather easy win in court. Also, with the current pandemic, any action by California would be blunted by the fact that retail stores are currently closed anyway -- though any court would likely give an injunction that would allow T-Mobile to still operate normally in the state pending a court decision. Anyway, that is why I don't feel T-Mobile has less to lose than California; while California could make it more difficult to operate in the state, they can't really stop T-Mobile from deploying their network and offering service. And, California further runs the risk of losing in court and establishing precedent that would basically render future CPUC rulings on mergers irrelevant -- in fact, I'm thinking some of this might even be the Trump administration, who would love the opportunity to "put California in their place" as they are attempting with fuel efficiency standards.

Feedback Score
    I don't think anyone is going to court over this. California just feels disrespected that T-Mobile didn't wait until after the April 16th vote. So CPUC is saying they can't merge operations in CA. I think this is just some saber-rattling and on April 16th, they'll vote to accept the merger.

Feedback Score
    I hope that cpuc votes against the merger.. we need to unwind this and fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    I’m pretty sure the merger completion is the second sign of the apocalypse. The first corona virus

Some would say a particular event at the end of 2016 was the first sign...

Feedback Score

T-Mobile - Sprint Merger has finalized

Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Some would say a particular event at the end of 2016 was the first sign...
    Oh December 31 is that the event know as New Year’s Eve?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast