Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 321

Thread: Now T-Mobile can give US a full 5G Nationwide Network with speed

  1. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,798
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I got my information from Rootmetrics test of 5G on each network. I Don’t believe a Verizon advertisement like you posted. Also, Sprint spectrum works inside a building unlike Verizon mmWave.
    I wouldn't count on 2.5 GHz much to work inside buildings. I used Sprint for two years. Signal on band 25, 1.9 GHz inside buildings was generally poor. 2.5 GHz would be even worse unless you are close to a cell. It will be better than mm-wave.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I wouldn't count on 2.5 GHz much to work inside buildings. I used Sprint for two years. Signal on band 25, 1.9 GHz inside buildings was generally poor. 2.5 GHz would be even worse unless you are close to a cell. It will be better than mm-wave.

    At least 2.5GHz works in some building. MmWave is lucky to Connect to a phone while you are standing outside next to the mmWave tower. As this video on Verizon’s mmWave shows.


  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,040
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    The biggest benefit T-Mobile will see from sprints spectrum is capacity. Coverage may slightly improve but overall the two networks overlap quite a bit. T-Mobile will have to build out to add more coverage which will be expensive.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Feedback Score
    0

    Now T-Mobile can give US a full 5G Nationwide Network with speed

    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    At least 2.5GHz works in some building. MmWave is lucky to Connect to a phone while you are standing outside next to the mmWave tower. As this video on Verizon’s mmWave shows.

    That’s an old video . Talk to a person who uses a phone that supports mmW. They’ll tell you it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. In LA someone demonstrated mmW working inside a restaurant There’s a reason why T-Mobile bought a significant amount. MmW has its purpose .


    New "intelligent beamforming" software will help with range from the millimeter-wave base stations, Hemmer says. In early March, I estimated those have about an 800-foot radius right now. Fortunately, Verizon won't need to do any more hardware swaps to increase its range, but it's waiting on that software, she says, without giving a time frame for it to show up.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Feedback Score
    0

    Now T-Mobile can give US a full 5G Nationwide Network with speed

    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I wouldn't count on 2.5 GHz much to work inside buildings. I used Sprint for two years. Signal on band 25, 1.9 GHz inside buildings was generally poor. 2.5 GHz would be even worse unless you are close to a cell. It will be better than mm-wave.
    2.5 GHz will work just fine in buildings with good site density. Sprint didn’t exactly have the most optimized network. Massive MIMO on NR 41 will have similar range to PCS 1.9 GHZ.


    https://www.cablefree.net/wirelesste...d-2500mhz-tdd/

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I wouldn't count on 2.5 GHz much to work inside buildings. I used Sprint for two years. Signal on band 25, 1.9 GHz inside buildings was generally poor. 2.5 GHz would be even worse unless you are close to a cell. It will be better than mm-wave.
    Do you get band 66 inside buildings? I do.

    Band 41( 2.5 GHz ) 2496-2690 MHz
    Band 66 downlink 2110-2180 MHz( AWS-3 specifically is 2155-2180 )

    There is not a whole hell of a lot of difference in penetration and coverage between these two.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    That’s an old video . Talk to a person who uses a phone that supports mmW. They’ll tell you it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. In LA someone demonstrated mmW working inside a restaurant There’s a reason why T-Mobile bought a significant amount. MmW has its purpose .


    New "intelligent beamforming" software will help with range from the millimeter-wave base stations, Hemmer says. In early March, I estimated those have about an 800-foot radius right now. Fortunately, Verizon won't need to do any more hardware swaps to increase its range, but it's waiting on that software, she says, without giving a time frame for it to show up.
    Haters who believe what SPONOSRED videos tell you to believe will not bother to actually investigate or try to learn anything. Especially if the facts contradict their worldview. Also even fi coverage was poor in the beginning doesn't mean it stays that way. for some reason they have their belief that Verizon does not intend on increasing coverage in already launched areas. Which of course has been already proven to be untrue. Just look at Chicago for example.

    Also when Verizon launches DSS so they are using lowband an mid band. I'm sure they'll come up with another excuse as to why Verizon's 5G is "bad' then when Verizon launches 5G over CBAND and CBRS they'll come up with even more excuses. I'm not sure why some people want to get into **** measuring contests when to comes to carriers. Especially when it's not even their *****.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Do you get band 66 inside buildings? I do.

    Band 41( 2.5 GHz ) 2496-2690 MHz
    Band 66 downlink 2110-2180 MHz( AWS-3 specifically is 2155-2180 )

    There is not a whole hell of a lot of difference in penetration and coverage between these two.
    Agreed. T-Mobile will do very well with 2.5 GHZ. The fact that it’s going on 5G with massive MIMO will also improve range and performance. It will behave much like PCS

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur101 View Post
    The biggest benefit T-Mobile will see from sprints spectrum is capacity. Coverage may slightly improve but overall the two networks overlap quite a bit. T-Mobile will have to build out to add more coverage which will be expensive.
    They plan to build 10,000 more sites as part of their commitment to 5G . Hopefully a lot of that goes to rural areas.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,408
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Attachment 165770

    Just curious. What speeds was sprint able to get using Massive MIMO on band 41. I tried to find some posts but I couldn’t find many on speed tests.

    I did find a screenshot of a Verizon phone pushing 1.5 Gbps over MmWave 5G in Chicago.



    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    700 Mbps peak speeds on sprint 5G so far.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,185
    Feedback Score
    0
    T-Mobile has Philly live with 5g running on Sprint's 2.5ghz.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobil...er-with-sprint

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,125
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    T-Mobile has Philly live with 5g running on Sprint's 2.5ghz.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobil...er-with-sprint
    Yes, great news release. Incredible speeds too:

    "T-Mobile is initially lighting up 2.5 GHz 5G in Philadelphia, boosting speeds for customers with some of the latest smartphones to peaks nearing 600 Mbps"


    New York up next!

    "T-Mobile is already lighting up broad and deep 5G, with 2.5 GHz mid-band spectrum now live in parts of Philadelphia and coming soon to parts of New York City. Mid-band spectrum adds critical depth and additional speed to T-Mobile’s broad 5G network. Customers in New York will be the first to have access to low-band, mid-band and mmWave 5G. "


    It also said Sprint customers are going to be able to use the T-Mobile 5G network later this month:

    "The 5G network is about to get a LOT bigger for Sprint customers. Those with the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G will have access to T-Mobile’s nationwide 5G network starting later this month, which covers more than 200 million people, more than 5,000 cities and towns, and more than one million square miles across the country … much of which is in rural America."

    Here's the link to the tweet with a video from Neville Ray himself on this:

    https://twitter.com/NevilleRay/statu...934807043?s=20

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,030
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    That’s an old video . Talk to a person who uses a phone that supports mmW. They’ll tell you it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. In LA someone demonstrated mmW working inside a restaurant There’s a reason why T-Mobile bought a significant amount. MmW has its purpose .


    New "intelligent beamforming" software will help with range from the millimeter-wave base stations, Hemmer says. In early March, I estimated those have about an 800-foot radius right now. Fortunately, Verizon won't need to do any more hardware swaps to increase its range, but it's waiting on that software, she says, without giving a time frame for it to show up.
    Checker79 Do you really think Verizon got mmWave almost nationwide for Mobile phones, that can only be used outside in a clear un-obstruct view of the transmitter? Even a passing bus would block mmWave at street level. Yes, mmWave has many applications but Verizon is looking at home & business WISP and Edge Computing as justification for mmWave. Other than upload video there is no reason for mmWave Gbps data speed on a mobile phone. Granted sports venues, malls, airports terminals and outside special events with thousands of people is great for mmWave. MmWave isn’t practical for people walking outside, since there are few pedestrian cities. MmWave is practical for p2p backhaul.

    As far as me taking a shot at Verizon or AT&T mmWave networks their customers have insulted and attacked T-Mobile for years on this T-Mobile board, I don’t feel sorry about it at all. I have have had my fill of them claiming T-Mobile 5G nationwide coverage isn’t real 5G compared to their LTE or mmWave spectrum despite mmWave inability to even connect or stay connected in the tiny postage stamp street areas of just a few major cities. If Verizon and AT&T mmWave is so great where is it since mmWave coverage areas are almost as rare as unicorns.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-21-2020 at 02:35 PM.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,186
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    New York up next!

    "T-Mobile is already lighting up broad and deep 5G, with 2.5 GHz mid-band spectrum now live in parts of Philadelphia and coming soon to parts of New York City. Mid-band spectrum adds critical depth and additional speed to T-Mobile’s broad 5G network. Customers in New York will be the first to have access to low-band, mid-band and mmWave 5G. "
    The one issue with this is T-Mobile has been pushing phones that can only do 5G over low mid-band. Someone in NYC that bought that S20 is going to be disappointed that it doesn't do mmwave. Especially when they spent $1000 on it. they should have pressure phone makers to pressure phone companies to support ALL bands

  15. #150
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    703
    Device(s)
    i576, i355, i700+
    Carrier(s)
    MiKE
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    The one issue with this is T-Mobile has been pushing phones that can only do 5G over low mid-band. Someone in NYC that bought that S20 is going to be disappointed that it doesn't do mmwave. Especially when they spent $1000 on it. they should have pressure phone makers to pressure phone companies to support ALL bands
    This would be great except that the number of ALL bands is continuously changing. The phone makers are chasing a moving target. Remember 2 band vs. 4 band GSM phones?

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Simple Mobile , Tracfone Tmobile mvno to get 5G nationwide.
    By Ike D. in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2019, 09:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 02:24 AM
  3. Why can't US customers of GSM phone service with SIM cards use multiple phones ...
    By GSY1 in forum Provider Rants, Kudos and Recommendations
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
  5. Why can't carriers give us "live" stats?
    By geekster in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-01-2001, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks