Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official network integration thread

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score

Official network integration thread

Now that the deal is done the big question now is how progress on network integration is progressing. Post your observations and questions here.

The question that pops into my mind is how much realignment of the PCS band will be happening to make old TMo's licenses contiguous to the licenses Sprint had?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
    Now that the deal is done the big question now is how progress on network integration is progressing. Post your observations and questions here.

The question that pops into my mind is how much realignment of the PCS band will be happening to make old TMo's licenses contiguous to the licenses Sprint had?
    In my area they have a contiguous 30x30 combined A+D. Then the G block. In other areas, like New Orleans for example TMO and Sprint did a swap already, so TMO should have 15x15 A block and Sprint 15x15 C+G. So for New TMO that's 15x15+15x15. As far as other areas where it's not contiguous I don't think they can really do anything att and vzw have to benefit from a swap.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here are the projected results of this integration:

The network will have 14 times more capacity in the next six years than T-Mobile alone has today, enabling the New T-Mobile to leapfrog the competition in network capability and experience.

Customers will have access to average 5G speeds up to eight times faster than current LTE in just a few years and 15 times faster over the next six years.

Within six years, the New T-Mobile will provide 5G to 99% of the U.S. population and average 5G speeds in excess of 100 Mbps to 90% of the U.S. population.

New T-Mobile’s business plan is built on covering 90% of rural Americans with average 5G speeds of 50 Mbps, up to two times faster than broadband on average.

https://investor.t-mobile.com/news-a...e/default.aspx

This is the reason why AT&T, Verizon and their supporters, were so frightened of this merger. How are they going to possibly compete with this behemoth that is in the making?

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that T-Mobile sold many phones with LTE band-2 that lacked band-25. Combining the G block with the C block makes the combination band-25 and unavailable to the owners of those T-Mobile phones.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Keep in mind that T-Mobile sold many phones with LTE band-2 that lacked band-25. Combining the G block with the C block makes the combination band-25 and unavailable to the owners of those T-Mobile phones.
    Not really. If they do C+G Sprint has other spectrum A,B,D,E,F that can be used for B2 so keep that in mind

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looking forward to the integration going full steam. Does anyone have a timeframe on when T-Mobile will shut down the cdma portion of the network?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Looking forward to the integration going full steam. Does anyone have a timeframe on when T-Mobile will shut down the cdma portion of the network?
    1x800 will stay for 3 years. The PCS side sooner than later

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    1x800 will stay for 3 years. The PCS side sooner than later
    I thought the 1x800 will soon be sold to Dish? I think any CDMA compatibility is going to have be done with PCS spectrum.

Feedback Score
    Within 3 years. Dish doesn't run a network yet. Dish gets all 14 MHz of 800 smr

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Within 3 years. Dish doesn't run a network yet. Dish gets all 14 MHz of 800 smr

I knew they weren't getting it immediately. I just didn't hear that it would be 3 years before they get it. It was an important part of the deal because it least it gives them some low band spectrum. However, there probably isn't a lot of phone's in development that support nr26 yet... I think Dish's network is supposed to be exclusively 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    I knew they weren't getting it immediately. I just didn't hear that it would be 3 years before they get it. It was an important part of the deal because it least it gives them some low band spectrum. However, there probably isn't a lot of phone's in development that support nr26 yet... I think Dish's network is supposed to be exclusively 5G.
    They have an option to buy it with some substantial penalties if they don't.

Feedback Score

Dish already has 600Mhz and also has 6Mhz of 700Mhz Band E in most of the US. That's a lot of lower bands with not a lot of bandwidth for the 700Mhz and 800Mhz parts. Antennas that support all three lower bands will be very complicated, heavy and expensive. Maybe they can sell the 700Mhz band E to AT&T who can then use it with their holdings of Band D and E. Or they can sell the 800Mhz SMR spectrum to the holders of cellular Band 5 A side.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake50 View Post
    Dish already has 600Mhz and also has 6Mhz of 700Mhz Band E in most of the US. That's a lot of lower bands with not a lot of bandwidth for the 700Mhz and 800Mhz parts. Antennas that support all three lower bands will be very complicated, heavy and expensive. Maybe they can sell the 700Mhz band E to AT&T who can then use it with their holdings of Band D and E. Or they can sell the 800Mhz SMR spectrum to the holders of cellular Band 5 A side.
    700 Band E is unpaired. Has that even made it to an official LTE band yet? And I'm not sure what you could use it for. At least the B26 is paired, granted it's not that big.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    700 Band E is unpaired. Has that even made it to an official LTE band yet? And I'm not sure what you could use it for. At least the B26 is paired, granted it's not that big.
    Band 29 was codified in December 2012.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Mike Seivert says “We Are Not Slowing Down”

“ “We will start lighting up 5G on what was Sprint’s spectrum almost immediately,” President and CEO Mike Sievert said on CNBC on Wednesday, the same day he took the reins from John Legere.

The coronavirus crisis might affect T-Mobile’s ability to move ahead in terms of getting the permits from municipalities and governments across the country that are operating at less than their usual capacity.

“But it won’t slow us down,” he said, noting that it’s been classified by the Department of Homeland Security and the administration as an essential service, so it can continue operating. “We’ve determined from a network standpoint that we can do that safely,” he told CNBC’s David Faber.“
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...t-slowing-down

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast