Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Official network integration thread

Feedback Score
    In most of the country it should be relatively easy to merge the PCS holdings of Sprint and T-mobile. It might be as easy as a remote configuration. In others a visit to the site might be required. From what I am told, there might be a power limitation of the RRHs so an additional RHH/antenna panel might need to be added.

Device(s)
    htc hero
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake50 View Post
    In most of the country it should be relatively easy to merge the PCS holdings of Sprint and T-mobile. It might be as easy as a remote configuration. In others a visit to the site might be required. From what I am told, there might be a power limitation of the RRHs so an additional RHH/antenna panel might need to be added.
    How would Arizona be for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cerreta2884 View Post
    How would Arizona be for that
    T-Mobile appears to have band 2 on the vast majority of their AZ towers. So, it should go just about like most other markets.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    htc hero
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    T-Mobile appears to have band 2 on the vast majority of their AZ towers. So, it should go just about like most other markets.
    Thanks for the fast reply. Now I hope my sprint can use tmobile towers sooner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if Dish would like to swap their 600 MHz licenses one for one with T-Mobile Band 12? Sure doesn’t look like Dish has Band 12 but I think US Cellular and Cspire could merge with Dish and they have most of the Band 12 that T-Mobile doesn’t own. Dish needs more customers and USCC and Cspire can’t go it alone for long in a 5G world.

Also, AT&T and Verizon could do some swapping here and there for more contiguous blocks.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't suggest that until band-71 phones become as common as phones with band-12.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't suggest that until band-71 phones become as common as phones with band-12.
    It’s not like Dish will even have a network up and running for about 2.5 years. Dish customers are going to be roaming on T-Mobile network for 7 years, even if they are hosting Dish’s band 12 they get in a swap. Worst that could happen is Dish gets a little roaming contract from T-Mobile. Really how is US Cellular and Cspire going to survive if Dish does become the #4 network in the nation with Comcast and Charter also growing? Do you really think Cspire is ever going to complete When the top 4 national networks can provide better cheaper service in a state like Mississippi with about 2.5 million people? Cspire owns Band 12 in parts of Tennessee. My friends that grew up there on the boarder of Mississippi their whole life never even heard of Cspire despite them owning Band 12 there.

Dish, US Cellular and Cspire would be best served to merge together to survive. It’s not like US Cellular or Cspire will ever be worth more now than later as they both become the next networks to go bankrupt.

Feedback Score
    My basic question is what is Comcast going to do with their 600Mhz. If I am T-Mobile I would try to acquire their spectrum. granted it is not nationwide but Comcast has 600Mhz in some pretty attractive cities. Give Comcast some pretty attractive roaming/MVNO deal. Also see if you can get some dual spectrum (2.5GHz/CBRS) strand and pole mounted small cells that you can both have acmes to ala Sprint/Altice. Sprint was working with both Comcast and Spectrum on small cells.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    I wonder if Dish would like to swap their 600 MHz licenses one for one with T-Mobile Band 12? Sure doesn’t look like Dish has Band 12 but I think US Cellular and Cspire could merge with Dish and they have most of the Band 12 that T-Mobile doesn’t own. Dish needs more customers and USCC and Cspire can’t go it alone for long in a 5G world.

Also, AT&T and Verizon could do some swapping here and there for more contiguous blocks.
    Dish is going to have to do something with their low band spectrum. If they elect to pick up Sprint's 800Mhz spectrum then they will have 3 different low bands (600Mhz, 700 E block, 800Mhz). If they don't elect to pick up the option then it becomes T-Mobile's problem.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake50 View Post
    Dish is going to have to do something with their low band spectrum. If they elect to pick up Sprint's 800Mhz spectrum then they will have 3 different low bands (600Mhz, 700 E block, 800Mhz). If they don't elect to pick up the option then it becomes T-Mobile's problem.
    Dish was required to have 70% buildout on their 700 MHz on April 1, 2020. I think I remember somewhere in all the merger deal with the FCC that they got something like an extension to end of 2022. Dish now has 90 days after the merger to close the deal with T-Mobile for Boost. I assume that deal includes both the 850 MHz spectrum plus Boost stores and some of Sprint’s tower leases. There are at least three big FCC auctions coming up in the next 18 months ( CBRS 3.5 MHz, C-Band and WiFi that could be shared at this point.

Does anyone know if Dish has started building or leasing towers and buying tower equipment?

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has 10x10 band 2 in the NYC market while sprint has 10x10+5x5 . Will I see band 25 as a separate entity?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    T-Mobile has 10x10 band 2 in the NYC market while sprint has 10x10+5x5 . Will I see band 25 as a separate entity?
    If you have a T-Mobile phone with no band 25 capability then you will see it as band 2 and you will not be able to access Sprint's G block (5Mhz). If your phone has band 25 capability then you will be able to access all of band 25. Sprint phones will be able to utilize all of band 25.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought in NYC T-Mobile had the PCS A-block (10x10), the adjacent D-block (5x5) Sprint has the B-block (15x15) and the G-block (5x5) The order of the PCS blocks by frequency are A, D, B, E, F, C, G. So, T-Mobile ends up with A, D, B & G. This means that they will have a contiguous 30x30 plus a non-contiguous 5x5 (which can only be band 25). I don't know if it would be best to split that up as one 20x20 plus one 10x10 plus a 5x5 or as two 15x15 channels and a 5x5.

Anyway, if I'm way off on the licenses they hold in NYC, I'm sorry. The licenses have been disaggregated and reassigned so may different ways it makes my head swim.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If anyone wants to check which network owns any spectrum block in a area, then Spectrum Omega Map is exceptional tool for that. Just click on the spectrum block on the right side and then the map changes to show the owners in every PEA.

https://specmap.sequence-omega.net/

However I just checked PCS A block and you have a mess where several networks own that block in the NY area that you have to click on the several FCC record link and then select the Map folder record.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    ....However I just checked PCS A block and you have a mess where several networks own that block in the NY area that you have to click on the several FCC record link and then select the Map folder record.
    Exactly. And the mess is that the original A-block has been disaggregated both spatially and in frequency slices. T-Mobile may only have the upper 10x10 of the original 15x15 A-block. (Dusting off the mental cobwebs.) Didn't they trade a 5x5 slice of spectrum in NY to Cingular in exchange for a 5x5 slice in CA? This was just before Cingular got AT&T's license in NYC.

So, T-Mobile may end up with PCS 25x25 + 5x5. In which case they might slice that as 20x20 LTE + 5x5 UMTS + 5x5 LTE band 25 and switch that isolated AWS block back to LTE. The would allow older phones to still work somewhat in NYC.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast