Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Straight Talk Home Phone ZTE Z723EL Device Issues?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene44 View Post
    And now a year after the previous post I wonder if anyone found a solution yet.

Gene44
    Problem continues. System is almost unusable - just paying monthly fee in the hopes it will work if ever needed for an emergency. Straight Talk sure could do better.

Feedback Score
    And now a year after the previous post I wonder if anyone found a solution yet.
    The solution seems to be to buy the newer ST Moxee home phone unit at Wally World and use that one instead of the ST ZTE home phone unit.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon405 View Post
    The solution seems to be to buy the newer ST Moxee home phone unit at Wally World and use that one instead of the ST ZTE home phone unit.
    I was considering that until I read about the strange dial tone and ringing signal. That would drive my wife up the wall.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM) Walmart Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I just came across something from the ZTE manual That may be worth trying. The tones made me think of the sound from a data modem answering in the "good old days".
    Use TTY Mode
    Your Z723EL is compatible with TTY devices. A TTY device can allow people who have hearing or speech disabilities to communicate by telephone.
    To set the TTY mode or turn TTY support off, dial *983*889*n# on your connected phone, replacing n with one of the following numbers:
    • Replace n with 0 for TTY Off mode. Users who can hear and talk can turn
    off TTY support.
    • Replace n with 1 for TTY Full mode. Users who cannot talk or hear can use this mode to send and receive text messages through a TTY device.
    • Replace n with 2 for VCO mode. Users who can talk but cannot hear can use this mode to talk through the phone and receive responses via text messages.
    • Replace n with 3 for HCO mode. Users who can hear but cannot talk can use this mode to listen to calls and respond via text messages.
    I used: *983*889*0# and went a week or more with no strange tones.

Feedback Score
    I was considering that until I read about the strange dial tone and ringing signal. That would drive my wife up the wall.
    It's really not that bad. You get used to it pretty quick. Much better than the weird tones I used to get almost every time someone called me on the ZTE device. Now that was annoying.

I use a cordless handset where I dial the number first and then hit the talk button and it just calls out. The dial tone is only heard very quickly, so I don't even have to listen to it for the most part.

And as I've said in another thread, when I call a landline phone I will hear the normal 'ring ring' sound just as if I were using a landline phone to make the call. It's when I call a cell phone that it makes the stranger ring sounds, but even then I got used to it and it doesn't bother me any more.

I feel the complaints about the ST Moxee device are overblown. And the problems with my older ZTE device were far more bothersome. Just my opinions of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3