Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

How T-Mobile's John Legere changed the mobile world for the better

https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobiles-...rld-heres-how/

There's never been a telecom executive like Legere, and there likely never will be again.

Name:  IMG_0225.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  124.0 KB
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Now Mike Sievert is going to change the ISP and cable networks industry for the better. In life you either lead or eat dust. T-Mobile is about to bring a lot of hurt to the cable companies revenue.

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Legere is a telecom genius. He made att and vz sweat. Now with the merger complete the eye on the prize should be number one.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Legere is a telecom genius. He made att and vz sweat. Now with the merger complete the eye on the prize should be number one.
    I’m running both an att prepaid and a T-Mobile prepaid line on the $15 plans, and it became clear pretty fast which one I will keep after the initial 30 day. The T-Mobile line works much better than the att one has. Att voicemail seems to have issues frequently , delayed text, missed calls, and the data times out all the time. The T-Mobile line has been near flawless with maybe one glitch the whole time

Can’t wait for T-Mobile to utilize the sprint spectrum down the road

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I’m running both an att prepaid and a T-Mobile prepaid line on the $15 plans, and it became clear pretty fast which one I will keep after the initial 30 day. The T-Mobile line works much better than the att one has. Att voicemail seems to have issues frequently , delayed text, missed calls, and the data times out all the time. The T-Mobile line has been near flawless with maybe one glitch the whole time
    Thanks for the comparison reporting!

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post

Can’t wait for T-Mobile to utilize the sprint spectrum down the road

Interesting. Thanks for the report. I still don’t understand why anyone needs two personal cell phones. All I want is one phone. The only exception is a company phone for work only, that I don’t pay for it’s service. Maybe if I traveled international it would be another exception for two phones.

It is just amazing some of the people on this board have three or more phones on different networks or MVNO vendors.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    As someone who has been a T-Mobile customer for 20+years, the one thing I appreciate Legere's doing is breaking the link between the device you use and the service they provide. That "free phone" if you sign a 2-year contract model was a cancer on the industry that needed to end. Legere recognized it as such and changed the industry for the better.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Speaking of keeping the phone separate from the service plan...

I don’t know if you guys remember but at one Uncarrier event JL said even if we leave T-Mobile we can still keep making phone payments.

When my sister briefly left T-Mobile to go on her boyfriend’s ATT account she tweeted T-Force and they allowed her to keep her EIP payments instead of sending her a $1000 bill all at once.

I also left T-Mobile years ago to be on ATT. I was on a JOD at the time. When I left someone at T-Mobile knew how to convert my JOD to an EIP and also allowed me to keep making payments.

It’s the little things that JL did that made my sister and I come crawling back. No other wireless carrier would ever make that kind of effort.

Like this commercial says: They listen to their customers then they shut up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the report. I still don’t understand why anyone needs two personal cell phones. All I want is one phone. The only exception is a company phone for work only, that I don’t pay for it’s service. Maybe if I traveled international it would be another exception for two phones.

It is just amazing some of the people on this board have three or more phones on different networks or MVNO vendors.
    For me 2x$15 was well worth testing on those new prepaid plans. Att is telling me after 60-90 days the promo prepaid is probably going up In price. The T-Mobile plan should be around at least the 5 years while the data increases each year so probably much less chance on the T-Mobile increasing

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    As someone who has been a T-Mobile customer for 20+years, the one thing I appreciate Legere's doing is breaking the link between the device you use and the service they provide. That "free phone" if you sign a 2-year contract model was a cancer on the industry that needed to end. Legere recognized it as such and changed the industry for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Speaking of keeping the phone separate from the service plan...
    It’s the little things that JL did that made my sister and I come crawling back. No other wireless carrier would ever make that kind of effort.
    Well said, ordered my SIM card.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score

I have different numbers and phones for different needs. A "home" phone replacement. A primary phone on the Verizon network. And another phone for, if I ever can travel again, on the ATT network. The three, average price/month over a year, is about $31/month.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I have different numbers and phones for different needs. A "home" phone replacement. A primary phone on the Verizon network. And another phone for, if I ever can travel again, on the ATT network. The three, average price/month over a year, is about $31/month.
    Not a bad deal at all.

With prepaid I can have more than one carrier at a reasonable price. If I did postpaid with just one line it would probably be either att or T-Mobile. For some reason att prepaid has issues (At least on the $15 promo plan)I never had with their postpaid with the same exact phones. Doesn’t make sense but oh well it’s nice to have options and be able to change when needed

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    With all respect if that what you need I agree. It’s not as much of just the service, it is the cost of the extra phone and the service. The bulk of carrying and charging three phones. I guess that is why my old obsolete LG G4 only function is to change the thermostat on the AC upstairs.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-06-2020 at 06:02 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

I maintain service with the main three carriers so I can continue accurately representing my community and the state of mobile networks within those areas. Plus, it’s just fun to see how they all perform.

There are lots of reasons, some for professional, and some for leisure use. All varies.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Feedback Score
    Some just like to play with phones, so keep a few active SIM cards around to use them in different ways. Especially popular on the Tracfone companies, as most newer models will accept the SIM from other Tracfone companies using multiple carriers. Some have drawers full of phones to play with. Most of these phones are cheaper models, but that has been changing. They are about to bring out a couple of Galaxy S20 5G models. Hardly "burner" phones!