Thread: Free Verizon Service Ipad 12.9" 2nd Gen??

Feedback Score

Free Verizon Service Ipad 12.9" 2nd Gen??

Strange issue i thought id throw out there. I bought a cellular ipad 7 months ago on Ebay and it gives me Verizon cellular service. Im assuming its still connected to someone elses account and thats why i can use it??

Im not sure though because when i press Manage Verizon Account it says, "Equipment Issue, please reset device or contact customer service at 888-294-6804".

I have it on wifi as Ive been worried using cellular might hit someones bill but id assume after 7 months itd be noticed right??

Feedback Score
    Im assuming its still connected to someone elses account and thats why i can use it??
    That'd be correct.

"Equipment Issue, please reset device or contact customer service at 888-294-6804".
    Like, my verizon ipad air 2 says the same thing and it's on our account so I just assumed that was normal.

It works so I CBA to ask verizon about it and risk them creating an actual problem while trying to fix a minor inconvenience.

I have it on wifi as Ive been worried using cellular might hit someones bill but id assume after 7 months itd be noticed right??
    I mean you'd think most people would have already noticed...... and I just realised I formatted this comment for reddit...fixed now.
    Likely scenarios:
    Someone bought a tablet on a contract and sold it to you for money and can't terminate the line until the contract runs out without penalty.
    They don't track their bills and don't for some unimaginable reason realise that even though they sold the table they are still paying for the service.
    It's from a large company that has hundreds of the things and hasn't noticed one has gone missing.

So who knows really, personally I'd move it to my own account and avoid the whole "i'm pretty sure that counts as some form of theft" part.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for confirming my suspicions!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an iPad I brought 2 years ago from someone on Craigslist. It still works. I never called Verizon to inquire because its not my business. If it stops working then I will activate it on my account. Until then...
    War is just a racket… it is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
    Every war in history has been fought over control of resources (natural, monetary, or labor)

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's probably either tied to a corporate account where it could just go unnoticed like Sims mentioned above or it might just be a fluke in Verizon's system where it never got disconnected. I wouldn't worry about it, it will probably lose service eventually.

About 10 years ago I purchased a certified used car and to my surprise the SiriusXM satellite radio had service. At first I thought maybe the first few months were included but it continued to work for over two years & I never paid for it. One day I noticed that service was turned off so I just went without it. The really odd part was that a few months later it started working again and it continued to work until I sold the car about 3 years after that. So I owned the car for just about 6 years and for about 5.5 years of that I had free SiriusXM. It continues to be an unsolved mystery.

Feedback Score
    Another crazy story, I just received a cellular 7th generation ipad 10.2'' in the mail and it had the previous owners sim in it and it works on LTE data too (Verizon again). Im shocked people trade these in with still active sim cards in them and working. Im just hoping that Verizon doesnt brick these if they dont make whatever payment plan it might have been on as Im considering adding Applecare + since its still nearly new.

Feedback Score
    Can't the acct holders read all the files on the ipad?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20

Feedback Score
    I certainly hope not, the Ipad was factory reset and put on another Apple ID.