Thread: AT&T Offers Three Months Free Wireless Service on FirstNet for Heathcare Workers.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

AT&T Offers Three Months Free Wireless Service on FirstNet for Heathcare Workers.

https://www.wjhg.com/content/news/AT...569592181.html

Available here:

https://www.firstnet.com

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    my family currently working in hospital during these crisis, on-call when not in hospital, trying to understand options

is it really unlimited or does some deprioritization kick-in on the unlimited $39.99 / 44.99 (tethering) plan?

are data only plans available if the individual is paying the bill? do SIM swaps into data only devices work on the tablet or smartphone plans? (one family member does not have a b14 capable device and would use a hotspot with b14 along with wifi calling)

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    my family currently working in hospital during these crisis, on-call when not in hospital, trying to understand options

is it really unlimited or does some deprioritization kick-in on the unlimited $39.99 / 44.99 (tethering) plan?

are data only plans available if the individual is paying the bill? do SIM swaps into data only devices work on the tablet or smartphone plans? (one family member does not have a b14 capable device and would use a hotspot with b14 along with wifi calling)
    Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I'm a T-Mo subscriber, but when I saw the news article I posted it here as a public service for anyone who could use it. T-Mo allows the use of phone SIMs in data devices and vice versa, but I've heard AT&T is a bit less lenient.

It looks like whatever rules apply to the other First Responder accts would apply here, but honestly in any case, it seems like this would be an easy plan to switch to if you're already with AT&T with little to lose.

If you're not already with AT&T I guess you'd have to decide if a 3-month deal like this is worth the hassle of porting to AT&T (and back out when it's over!) For people on single line plans it's probably a nice deal, but I'm not sure getting one line free is worth breaking up or moving a family plan...

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

AT&T Offers Three Months Free Wireless Service on FirstNet for Heathcare Workers.

More details here:

https://digital.firstnet.com/current...NfN00110sgn41O

Looks like you need to subscribe for a new line of service and you get a 3 month credit.

FirstNet requires a new SIM and a band 14 device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    FYI, I don’t think any of the modern unlimited plans on AT&T throttle any more. In theory you get deprioritized after 22GB (or whatever) on non-FirstNet. But AT&T has so much bandwidth this has never been an issue (for me).

What’s the goal of switching?
    1) better voice service?
    2) better data service?
    3) save money?

I’m not in NYC (central NJ here) but I’ve not experienced any issues with cellular in my areas.

But, I’m most on VZW these days. But I still have two unlimited hotspots on AT&T. Though they are costing me an arm and a leg.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSchnee21 View Post
    FYI, I don’t think any of the modern unlimited plans on AT&T throttle any more. In theory you get deprioritized after 22GB (or whatever) on non-FirstNet. But AT&T has so much bandwidth this has never been an issue (for me).

What’s the goal of switching?
    1) better voice service?
    2) better data service?
    3) save money?

I’m not in NYC (central NJ here) but I’ve not experienced any issues with cellular in my areas.

But, I’m most on VZW these days. But I still have two unlimited hotspots on AT&T. Though they are costing me an arm and a leg.

Not only do you get deprioritized after 22gb on the plans you are talking about but your data is prioritized to begin with and sit at a low priority compared to some other pans. I have seen it plenty of times.