Thread: Switching from Verizon to Firsnet..Is Firstnet as reliable?

Feedback Score

Switching from Verizon to Firsnet..Is Firstnet as reliable?

I'm planning to switch to Firstnet.. been a long time Verizon customer and been happy for the most part. I was wondering if anyone has recently switched and if they can share their experiences.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    AT&T's network generally has higher peak but less consistent speeds than Verizon's due to the fact that AT&T invested more in spectrum vs. Verizon investing more in densification.

As for coverage, I'm not sure how they compare now. Verizon had better coverage before FirstNet, so I suppose it's a question of whether FirstNet added enough square miles to AT&T's LTE coverage footprint that it now exceeds Verizon's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mccr2016 View Post
    I'm planning to switch to Firstnet.. been a long time Verizon customer and been happy for the most part. I was wondering if anyone has recently switched and if they can share their experiences.
    firstnet is first priority for first responders, law enforcement & other public service agencies - https://www.firstnet.com/power-of-firstnet.html the coverage map - https://www.firstnet.com/coverage.html

Feedback Score
    The firstnet is a very slow network. The same tower with T-Mobile and att. The Firstnet's speed is lower than 20Mbps to compare with 180Mbps speed on T-Mobile

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It's backed but the goverment, so yes it going to be reliable. In my area AT&T's coverage is almost the same, Verizon having the edge in coverage in some areas. But Verizon being known the best in my area it gets slowed down a bit.

If you want 50+ Mbps in one block and .5 the next T-Mobile is for you, and the first to go out when the power does. You get what you pay for on a budget carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    It's backed but the goverment, so yes it going to be reliable. In my area AT&T's coverage is almost the same, Verizon having the edge in coverage in some areas. But Verizon being known the best in my area it gets slowed down a bit.

If you want 50+ Mbps in one block and .5 the next T-Mobile is for you, and the first to go out when the power does. You get what you pay for on a budget carrier.
    Normally, you pay more for less

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have FirstNet (personal/work), ATT (personal) and Verizon (work). So far, FirstNet has been surprisingly good compared to Verizon. There are certain spots in my work building where my FN phones would drop but Verizon has full strength -- it's only because the building's shielded and VZ was paid to install repeaters inside the building.

If AT&T has coverage, FirstNet will definitely have coverage also. But FN has a tendency to function better than AT&T because it looks for Band 14 as primary. My AT&T phones usually look for Band 2 and 30.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I carry both AT&T (non FirstNet) and Verizon. AT&T by far hands down has a better data network when I travel around. Rarely, if ever do I have slow data on AT&T (I use A LOT of data, and transfer files for work)

Verizon is always the first to crap out capacity wise (why they're having to spend so much becoming dense - they screwed the pooch on actual spectrum holdings).

For instance today, I was somewhere verizon could not even load a webpage with almost "full" signal, but AT&T was pulling 80Mbps on my "muggle" non firstnet account.

I say try it, and worst case scenario you do not like it and end up back at Verizon. BUT in my experience AT&T is the "premium" experience right now for the time being (until Verizon finally catches up again)
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    Hoping for people with personal experience to specifically Firsnet since you get priority access.. I’m just wondering if the band 14 has made it equal to Verizon in terms of reliability. Firsnet is offering 3 months free for healthcare which is quite enticing

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    As always it's location location location. . . .

For instance Kaiser in Tyson's Corner and Arlington Hospital have DAS antennas inside. There is ZERO AT&T signal downstairs at Tysons Kaiser. Verizon is full strength.

Around these parts Verizon wins INSIDE medical facilities because they always seem to have a better signal.

As others have stated AT&T has less congestion issues but that doesn't do you any good without a usable signal.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by Digital Rules; 04-18-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hoping for people with personal experience to specifically Firsnet since you get priority access.. I’m just wondering if the band 14 has made it equal to Verizon in terms of reliability. Firsnet is offering 3 months free for healthcare which is quite enticing
    If a consumer account works fine, so will FirstNet. ANYONE (including normie accounts) can use B14, FirstNet just gets a higher priority when the network is congested.

I, as a consumer account am on Band 14 quite a bit and see 100-300Mbps on LTE quite often

In fact, Band 14 "FirstNet" buildout is what enabled me to use AT&T as my primary carrier. Before B14 was rolled out, Verizon was a much superior option, but now AT&T has more low band spectrum with those supplemental downlink carriers the phones can CA with, causing such a network improvement that It's now better than Verizon for me.

You will have a good experience.. just try it.