Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on ways to try Visible for free?

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thoughts on ways to try Visible for free?

Iíd love to hear from people on ways theyíve tried Visible service for free. Iím not ready to port my number without trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I don't remember seeing any recent reports of people trying Visible for free.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boodles07 View Post
    Iíd love to hear from people on ways theyíve tried Visible service for free. Iím not ready to port my number without trying it.

You can always try it for $25 for the first month, and port after if/when you're satisfied with the service. Nothing is forcing you to port at the time of signup.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    You can always try it for $25 for the first month, and port after if/when you're satisfied with the service. Nothing is forcing you to port at the time of signup.

Agreed, I would however want to take advantage of the $100 MasterCard offer which requires porting.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Agreed, I would however want to take advantage of the $100 MasterCard offer which requires porting.

Of course you would. If you’re simply a hit-and-run user, port over, use it for a couple of months and when you receive your virtual gift card, stay or leave.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Of course you would. If youíre simply a hit-and-run user, port over, use it for a couple of months and when you receive your virtual gift card, stay or leave.
    Iím not a hit and run user, Iíve been with Verizon prepaid for years and years. Iím just looking to try the service for little or nothing. $25 is not horrible but Iíd like to avoid paying $25 when I already have Verizon Prepaid paid for this month. Thanks for the reply, I may actually do what you suggested!

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Iím not a hit and run user, Iíve been with Verizon prepaid for years and years. Iím just looking to try the service for little or nothing. $25 is not horrible but Iíd like to avoid paying $25 when I already have Verizon Prepaid paid for this month. Thanks for the reply, I may actually do what you suggested!

Is there any way to force your current phone to use LTE only (and not fall back to 3G or 1X)? If so, that would be a pretty fair simulation of Visible, which is essentially an LTE-only version of Verizon Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Is there any way to force your current phone to use LTE only (and not fall back to 3G or 1X)? If so, that would be a pretty fair simulation of Visible, which is essentially an LTE-only version of Verizon Prepaid.

I'm on Verizon Prepaid now and looking to go to Visible soon. Idk if it's my phone or my location, but on the rare occasion when 3g is displayed I get nothing, no calls text or data....so I figure my present service mirrors what Visible will be like, and I'm ok with that.

Feedback Score

Create new service with a new number for $25. If you like it after the first month then start a new account and port your number over so you can get the $100 MasterCard. It seems like a while back the number had to be ported at the start of new service to get the MasterCard. Donít know if itís still the same now.

Feedback Score
    You can create a new number cheaply on a prepaid company

- by buying a preloaded SIM on ebay, or
    - by signing up with Tello or Twigby for their cheapest plan,
    - or Mint or Ting using a referral code which should deeply discount the cost of the plan.

Feedback Score
    Definitely worth Paying $25.00 for a month of service and swapping an old phone for a free ZTE A7 to test out their service for a month. I've done it quite a few times and even sent them a Windows phone and an old Motorola flipper. My main line is At&t Prepaid but I've been happy with my Visible lines so far. I've still got a bunch of old phones laying around and plenty more e-mail addresses so I might just keep swapping for an A7 once in a while. The A7 is actually a very decent budget phone especially when compared to the piece of Junk Moto E6 that went out of stock.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Definitely worth Paying $25.00 for a month of service and swapping an old phone for a free ZTE A7 to test out their service for a month. I've done it quite a few times and even sent them a Windows phone and an old Motorola flipper. My main line is At&t Prepaid but I've been happy with my Visible lines so far. I've still got a bunch of old phones laying around and plenty more e-mail addresses so I might just keep swapping for an A7 once in a while. The A7 is actually a very decent budget phone especially when compared to the piece of Junk Moto E6 that went out of stock.
    But at least the "piece of junk" E6 is a universal phone that should work on any carrier. According to ZTE's website, the A7 is an LTE-only device with limited (Verizon-specific) bands. If it doesn't support VoLTE on other carriers, it wouldn't even get voice service on a non-Verizon based carrier. (Unless the ZTE site is wrong and this device can fall back on 3G UMTS or GSM?)

Not that there's anything wrong with a decent cheap phone "stuck" on a single carrier, but your post suggested signing up with a single month of service to score a "free" A7 via trade-in. Why would you want an A7, even for "free" ($25) if you weren't planning on staying with Visible, the only service the phone really works on?

Device(s)
    Samsung i760
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    But at least the "piece of junk" E6 is a universal phone that should work on any carrier. According to ZTE's website, the A7 is an LTE-only device with limited (Verizon-specific) bands. If it doesn't support VoLTE on other carriers, it wouldn't even get voice service on a non-Verizon based carrier. (Unless the ZTE site is wrong and this device can fall back on 3G UMTS or GSM?)

Not that there's anything wrong with a decent cheap phone "stuck" on a single carrier, but your post suggested signing up with a single month of service to score a "free" A7 via trade-in. Why would you want an A7, even for "free" ($25) if you weren't planning on staying with Visible, the only service the phone really works on?

You read my mind LOL. I was going to look up this phone this morning. Without it being unlocked and able to be used on any network it has less value to me. Although it would never be a phone Iím interested in because Iím used to iPhones. The only way to know if I will like Visible is if I try it for a month. Getting the A7 to try it for one month for $25 isnít horrible deal I guess.
    Thanks for suggestions everyone please keep them coming!

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You read my mind LOL. I was going to look up this phone this morning. Without it being unlocked and able to be used on any network it has less value to me. Although it would never be a phone Iím interested in because Iím used to iPhones. The only way to know if I will like Visible is if I try it for a month. Getting the A7 to try it for one month for $25 isnít horrible deal I guess.
    Thanks for suggestions everyone please keep them coming!
    To be fair, I think all of Visible's phones are unlocked. The problem with the Blade A7 isn't about being locked, but being built (presumably to save costs) to include only LTE bands and features needed for operation on Visible.

Even if by some miracle it worked for voice on other carriers (AT&T and T-Mo are pretty particular in what phones they certify to use VoLTE on their networks) it's missing a lot of the LTE bands those carriers use, so it would have less coverage on non-Verizon carriers.

Feedback Score

Oh, I thought he just wanted to try Visible for a month so figured he might as well get rid of an old junk phone and get a free A7 while your at it for the $25.00. I also did the Swap for 3 Moto E6s but started getting free A7s when they ran out. Sold 2 of my E6s cuz they're so bad but still hangin on to one cuz I just like phones. Been using my current A7 as my Covidcation Horspot at da cabin but find myself making a lot of calls with it too because of the great voice quality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast