Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on ways to try Visible for free?

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Oh, I thought he just wanted to try Visible for a month so figured he might as well get rid of an old junk phone and get a free A7 while your at it for the $25.00. I also did the Swap for 3 Moto E6s but started getting free A7s when they ran out. Sold 2 of my E6s cuz they're so bad but still hangin on to one cuz I just like phones. Been using my current A7 as my Covidcation Horspot at da cabin but find myself making a lot of calls with it too because of the great voice quality.
    You're probably right. Certainly worth using a phone made for Visible as your trial phone to test the service fully, as opposed to something compatible you have lying around. I just don't see any need to stockpile a bunch of phones with limited usefulness.

As a fellow phone collector (it's a sickness!) I get it. I just try to build a stock of re-purposeable phones (if possible) rather than phones stuck (or mostly stuck) to one network. Believe me, I've almost pulled the trigger on the free $25 A7 several times, and I have absolutely no use for one! (I have a lot of old Lumias to get rid of!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    You're probably right. Certainly worth using a phone made for Visible as your trial phone to test the service fully, as opposed to something compatible you have lying around. I just don't see any need to stockpile a bunch of phones with limited usefulness.

As a fellow phone collector (it's a sickness!) I get it. I just try to build a stock of re-purposeable phones (if possible) rather than phones stuck (or mostly stuck) to one network. Believe me, I've almost pulled the trigger on the free $25 A7 several times, and I have absolutely no use for one! (I have a lot of old Lumias to get rid of!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    So far I've gotten rid of an HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid 1, Motorola Droid 2, Lumia 520 (Windows), Moto Adventure Flipper, Alcatel Retro flipper and an Alcatel Pixi Glory. I didn't know at the begining that you could stagger activations so I kinda burned a few months of service. Not really sure why I kept all those old phone but kinda glad I did.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Interesting that some don't like the Moto E6. I got the "free" one from Visible and I'm pretty happy with it on a Freedompop free plan now.
    Last edited by millept; 04-24-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    Interesting that some don't like the Moto E6. I got the "free" one from Visible and I'm pretty happy with it on a Freedompop free plan now.
    The two E6s I used on Visible were crazy laggy and I'm the farthest thing from picky. I also tried them for a few days with my At&t Prepaid sim. If you're gonna stay with Visible, the A7 is a way way better phone in every way. I usually prefer Motos front facing speaker but the A7's gets nice and loud which does make up for the back cover placement. The A7 also gets much better battery life and the build quality is rock solid for a budget phone.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Definitely worth Paying $25.00 for a month of service and swapping an old phone for a free ZTE A7 to test out their service for a month. I've done it quite a few times and even sent them a Windows phone and an old Motorola flipper. My main line is At&t Prepaid but I've been happy with my Visible lines so far. I've still got a bunch of old phones laying around and plenty more e-mail addresses so I might just keep swapping for an A7 once in a while. The A7 is actually a very decent budget phone especially when compared to the piece of Junk Moto E6 that went out of stock.
    Is it better to get the A7 or use BYOD with an s8 I have lying around. My cheapest phone is an LG Zone 4. Actually , scratch that, you think I could swap and LG enV 2? What a great phone the enV was back in the day

Actually, if you buy a phone for less than $50 it says you don't get the $100 virtual card. The A7 is $49 or free with trade in so if you have a device that is compatible (such as my s8) , I think BYOD is better because to get the A7 you are giving up $100 plus the old phone to get it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Is it better to get the A7 or use BYOD with an s8 I have lying around. My cheapest phone is an LG Zone 4. Actually , scratch that, you think I could swap and LG enV 2? What a great phone the enV was back in the day

Actually, if you buy a phone for less than $50 it says you don't get the $100 virtual card. The A7 is $49 or free with trade in so if you have a device that is compatible (such as my s8) , I think BYOD is better because to get the A7 you are giving up $100 plus the old phone to get it
    Might as well get the A7 if you just wanna try Visible for $25.00 for a month. Take the $100.00 with your S8 if your porting over and will be sticking around for a few months.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Might as well get the A7 if you just wanna try Visible for $25.00 for a month. Take the $100.00 with your S8 if your porting over and will be sticking around for a few months.
    Thanks.

I also have an unlocked LG Zone Verizon Prepaid phone which is unlocked, surprised the imei doesnt check as eligible for BYOD as it is an unlocked phone with all the Verizon bands

I think I am ok with paying the 2nd month and doing it once versus going through the hassle twice. Its going to be hard to test since very little traveling these days. I have Verizon prepaid now so worse come to worse I port back after two months. I also have Sprint lines that I am doing for the $300 promo so I'll have backup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2