Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76

Thread: AT&T 5G Coverage

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,045
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Wow. That’s reassuring. Everyone has been downplaying low-band 5G NR as being no faster than, or even slower than, LTE-A. That’s more than twice as fast as the fastest LTE speeds I’ve ever gotten.
    I’ve seen 352 on LTE, not expecting a 5 MHz n5 carrier to improve much upon that...


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

    Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)


    Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    I’ve seen 352 on LTE, not expecting a 5 MHz n5 carrier to improve much upon that...


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I want to see much more speedtests of AT&Ts 5g+. I reordered a phone to test out in Raleigh and Charlotte (possibly also a Verizon model)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do all AT&T s20 models support both low and hand band?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,464
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Do all AT&T s20 models support both low and hand band?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only the S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Bentley


    AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    Only the S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. What does the s20 5g support? Only low band or only high band?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    tacoma
    Posts
    910
    Device(s)
    Galaxy s7 edge, nexus 6p as a backup
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Thanks. What does the s20 5g support? Only low band or only high band?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pretty sure it's only low band

    Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,972
    Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes. Only low. Verizon is releasing a mmwave one this week. Samsung may follow up with an unlocked version.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Do all AT&T s20 models support both low and hand band?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only the S20+ is 5G

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    2,972
    Device(s)
    iPhone X/8+, Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tom brad View Post
    Only the S20+ is 5G
    All 3 support 5G, but only the S20+ and Ultra have the bands to support mmwave.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mush10 View Post
    All 3 support 5G, but only the S20+ and Ultra have the bands to support mmwave.

    Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk
    Cool


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    247
    Device(s)
    Current: Nexus 4. Previous: Focus, Touch, Q, T637, Q105
    Carrier(s)
    Current: ATT. Previous: Virgin, Sprint, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is n5 the only sub-6 5g band Att is deploying right now? I spend a lot of time at my mom's place, where I believe Verizon has both 850 licenses.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Almont, Michigan
    Posts
    4,375
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Candygoblin View Post
    Is n5 the only sub-6 5g band Att is deploying right now? I spend a lot of time at my mom's place, where I believe Verizon has both 850 licenses.

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using HoFo mobile app
    Yes. But with AT&T starting to utilize DSS, I'm betting they are about to deploy n2 in areas where they don't have 850 licenses as well as adding capacity in existing n5 markets.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    700
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Yes. But with AT&T starting to utilize DSS, I'm betting they are about to deploy n2 in areas where they don't have 850 licenses as well as adding capacity in existing n5 markets.
    I hope the next ipad’s with 5G support all the latest bands including DSS and mmwave, low band, and everything else. Will rural satellite frequencies work on the device as well for the new 5G deployments? Would be nice if you could get satellite to work on regular tablets and smartphones with 5G.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    246
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    I hope the next ipad’s with 5G support all the latest bands including DSS and mmwave, low band, and everything else. Will rural satellite frequencies work on the device as well for the new 5G deployments? Would be nice if you could get satellite to work on regular tablets and smartphones with 5G.
    5g iPads won’t come until next year correct?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,464
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    ...Will rural satellite frequencies work on the device as well for the new 5G deployments? Would be nice if you could get satellite to work on regular tablets and smartphones with 5G.
    Could you elaborate on what you mean by satellite services on smart devices?

    If you want satellite phone services, buy a satellite phone. I’m quite sure nobody wants a massive antenna sticking out of the top of their $1K iPhone/iPad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T starts calling their 4G..... 5G. LOL.
    By cellphone-guy in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-22-2019, 07:38 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM
  3. AT&T Winning The 5G Race?
    By catt3911 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-21-2018, 01:42 AM
  4. Replies: 188
    Last Post: 04-22-2017, 09:44 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Bookmarks