Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 5G Coverage

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

AT&T 5G Coverage

I thought I would take a look at the coverage and was surprised to see that they actually have 5G coverage in Lewisburg, Beckley, WSS and in a few smaller towns like Rainelle and Ansted in Southern West Virginia. I wonder how well it does there especially since most of these areas are in mountainous terrain.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S20 Ultra 512 gb,pixel 3a , iPhone xr ,iPad 6th gen
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Verizon,sprint
    Feedback Score
    Morgantown has it to in some places

Galaxy S10 Plus.. IPHONE XR..Pixel 3A

Feedback Score
    But aren’t these low band 5g areas? If so they won’t be any better than T-Mobile’s low band which imo no better than LTE. I live in an area that’s suppose to have 5g+ and I just ordered the ultra to test out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    But aren’t these low band 5g areas? If so they won’t be any better than T-Mobile’s low band which imo no better than LTE. I live in an area that’s suppose to have 5g+ and I just ordered the ultra to test out here.

I'm not sure. I do know that in Rainelle AT&T has Bands 2 & 12 and parts of Beckley has Bands 5, 12, and 14. so I'm guessing it's likely.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S20 Ultra 512 gb,pixel 3a , iPhone xr ,iPad 6th gen
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,Verizon,sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    I'm not sure. I do know that in Rainelle AT&T has Bands 2 & 12 and parts of Beckley has Bands 5, 12, and 14. so I'm guessing it's likely.

The fastest speed I have received on my s20 ultra on low band 5g is 40 to 60 mbps

Galaxy S10 Plus.. IPHONE XR..Pixel 3A

Feedback Score
    Only found one site in Raleigh with supposedly AT&T 5g+ site.

I’ll go there soon to test out

Feedback Score
    Only found one site in Raleigh with supposedly AT&T 5g+ site.

I’ll go there soon to test out

Speedtest 5G map does not show any Queens, NY 5G coverage which clearly is showing up on other providers maps including AT&T so it doesn’t seem to be accurate at all.

I am seeing a lot of Crown Castle fiber optics permits occurring all over by me as they seem to be deeply expanding their network which I am assuming is for small cells for wireless carriers. AT&T did a significant number of permits in the past for their own fiber lines. Does anyone know if AT&T is sharing Crown Castle small cells or if they are just using their own in markets where both exist?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Depends on the market, in NYC I would think so but it depends how dense they want their small cell network to be

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soy_kixx View Post
    Depends on the market, in NYC I would think so but it depends how dense they want their small cell network to be
    Crown castle is adding a lot of fiber optics here in NYC. I presume telecom firms are considered essential businesses so the work is being done. AT&T did a ton of work in the past and still has some sporadic permits from what I’ve seen. 5G deployment is still underway as per AT&T’s 5G map with areas still to cover.

Satellite 5G was approved for the L band finally which will dramatically increase availability from participating carriers for rural coverage. Samsung seems to have the early start on the newest 5G models. Hopefully Sony and Apple and others won’t be far behind in the coming months. Having a smartphone which will work on all bands on 5G including satellite will be a game changer as coverage will happen where coverage never existed before. 5G has amazing potential for the future. The satellite coverage will have somewhat higher latencies and lower bandwidth but will allow for seamless coverage and as these are less utilized markets, it should work quite well. Allows the carriers to save tremendous buildout costs of traditional wireless networks in these rural markets as well as save a lot of time.

I am using an older wireless phone and will wait to see what emerges in the coming months as economy starts to reopen again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soy_kixx View Post
    Raleigh is nowhere near as dense as nyc is but I hope At&t can up its game plan than one site in the whole city since it announced back in late 2018/early 2019 to be one of the first cities to get 5g+.

Feedback Score
    Raleigh is nowhere near as dense as nyc is but I hope At&t can up its game plan than one site in the whole city since it announced back in late 2018/early 2019 to be one of the first cities to get 5g+.

Are you using the speedtest 5G map to determine there is only one 5G+ tower in Raleigh, NC? The speedtest map is inaccurate. Use AT&T’s 5G map instead. I can’t comment on how many 5G+ towers exist in Raleigh, NC but I am sure it will get 5G+ if not already in the most dense parts of the area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    Are you using the speedtest 5G map to determine there is only one 5G+ tower in Raleigh, NC? The speedtest map is inaccurate. Use AT&T’s 5G map instead. I can’t comment on how many 5G+ towers exist in Raleigh, NC but I am sure it will get 5G+ if not already in the most dense parts of the area.
    AT&Ts map shows 5g+ on a stretch of highway not even in Raleigh NC. Its in Cary/Morrisville. So that makes things more confusing. On a toll highway nonetheless. It’s just so frustrating that no one At&t knows where their 5g+ areas are in any of the selected areas especially here but they are so much better at publishing their ever so growing low band 5g coverage to a T...

Feedback Score
    AT&Ts map shows 5g+ on a stretch of highway not even in Raleigh NC. Its in Cary/Morrisville. So that makes things more confusing. On a toll highway nonetheless. It’s just so frustrating that no one At&t knows where their 5g+ areas are in any of the selected areas especially here but they are so much better at publishing their ever so growing low band 5g coverage to a T...

I was just pointing out that Speedtest’s map showed no 5G at all by me while AT&T’s did. I can’t comment to the accuracy of either map but I do know AT&T’s 5G map looks to be more accurate in my own area in NYC.

With that being said, carriers are still expanding 5G based service coverage on the low and high bands. Also some smartphones will work with Satellite coverage as well as those services become available as there will be coverage in rural markets on the same phone but latency will be higher. Unclear how speeds will be but carriers will use satellite to supplement existing coverage depending on plans you have and partnerships each carrier forms. I assume it would work in black spots as well in major areas to add coverage depending on satellites used as spot beams can generally be far reaching. There are so many bands these days that they are hard to keep track of and they keep being expanded.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Manhattan NY, T-Mobile 5G just beat their slower speed today with T-Mobile’s Layer Cake of Spectrums.

Also, anyone switching from another network to T-Mobile can get a new OnePlus 8 5G for $350 plus tax.

Name:  51C8743B-33F1-46DB-9F63-459A56654AEF.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  20.9 KB. Name:  CC19300E-FB03-4F57-8F7B-77B06668F5D5.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  69.7 KB

From https://mobile.twitter.com/milanmila...41661347688454
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-05-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Manhattan NY, T-Mobile 5G just beat their slower speed today with T-Mobile’s Layer Cake of Spectrums.

Also, anyone switching from another network to T-Mobile can get a new OnePlus 8 5G for $350 plus tax.

Name:  51C8743B-33F1-46DB-9F63-459A56654AEF.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  20.9 KB. Name:  CC19300E-FB03-4F57-8F7B-77B06668F5D5.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  69.7 KB

From https://mobile.twitter.com/milanmila...41661347688454
    What’s your point? That a single market is going to reflect the experience of every single other?

Get real for once.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast