Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Visible vs. Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    Visible works and is a buy for $25.00 with party pay. The experience is not the same. Because of the way Visible routes traffic the ping times are much higher. Data is subject to full time deprioritization. Data speeds are slower on Visible. With that said if you stop running speed tests and just use the service it works. Everything is unlimited. My experience is phone calls are good. WIFI calling works flawlessly. SMS and MMS text messaging works. Data is fast enough to stream at 480p which is what it is throttled to. I can stream YouTube at 720 and 1080 but not all the time. Hotspot works as advertised. I've done 1 zoom video meeting and it worked fine. Video chat via Google Duo and Hang Outs work ok.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Visible Mobile $25
    Feedback Score
    To me Visible is the best prepaid i ever used, coming from Cricket. Into the 7th month, everything works and very very happy with flat $25 monthly. DIY, It is the way future going to be, stores like Cricket and Metro, Boost or big corporate stores are things in the past. I would say Visible is a new Amazon/prototype in a different way. It takes a while. Are you still driving and visiting corporate stores and pay some activation/payment fees? Lol...

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I switched from Verizon Prepaid and the inferior quality of Visible is noticeable

Has not affected me that much since I have been home alot

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    For me data and calling were pretty good on my Pixel 3 XL, but the texting was literally a hit and miss. If it wasn't for that I would have stayed. I'm sure I would have had better luck if I was using an iPhone and iMessage, oh well. With the new loyalty plan after 9 months I'll be paying $35 for 15 GB's which is plenty for me on VZW Prepaid.
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by icdvtrvt; 07-05-2020 at 06:32 AM.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    Got me data and calling were pretty good on my Pixel 3 XL, but the texting was literally a hit and miss. If it wasn't for that I would have stayed. I'm sure I would have had better luck if I was using an iPhone and iMessage, oh well. With the new loyalty plan after 9 months I'll be paying $35 for 15 GB's which is plenty for me on VZW Prepaid.
    If you switch back from Visible , don't you have to wait 9 months to pay $35? Sorry disregard, saw you wrote that when I reread

I wonder if you get the $60 port credit porting in from Visible. That would exactly offset the loyalty discount for 9 months.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I doubt I will get the $60 port in credit because Visible is not really an MVNO but actually a part of big brother Verizon, at least that's the way I understood it. When I had to go back to prepaid, you can't just simply port your number back, you have to "migrate" your number back from Visible to Verizon prepaid because your number is still within the Verizon system. You can't just call CS either, you have to call telesales because they're the only ones that can do the migration. All in all I learned my lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    If you switch back from Visible , don't you have to wait 9 months to pay $35? Sorry disregard, saw you wrote that when I reread

I wonder if you get the $60 port credit porting in from Visible. That would exactly offset the loyalty discount for 9 months.

Feedback Score
    Ported from vzw prepaid to visible. Ordered SIM card online yesterday at 3pm. SIM card arrived at my house today via fedex at 4pm. Installed SIM card two hours ago (6pm) after getting home from work. Worked like a charm. 83 Mbps download speed.

Very impressed!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    I doubt I will get the $60 port in credit because Visible is not really an MVNO but actually a part of big brother Verizon, at least that's the way I understood it. When I had to go back to prepaid, you can't just simply port your number back, you have to "migrate" your number back from Visible to Verizon prepaid because your number is still within the Verizon system. You can't just call CS either, you have to call telesales because they're the only ones that can do the migration. All in all I learned my lesson.

When going from VZW PP to Vis I did get the MC Rebate

Feedback Score
    Nowhere that I can see on the Bring your own phone and switch to Visible $50 Prepaid Mastercard Virtual Account does it say to bring my number.
    Do I have to port a number to qualify for the BYOP $50 offer?

Because on the $100 Prepaid Mastercard Virtual Account offer it states.
    1. Buy a phone
    Order an eligible device from the list below and bring your number.
    https://www.visible.com/promos/get10..._OTC_affiliate

And on the BYOD:
    Bring your own phone and switch to Visible $50 Prepaid Mastercard Virtual Account it states.
    1. BYOP: Bring your own phone
    Check your phones's compatibility and create an account.
    https://www.visible.com/shop/bring-y..._OTC_affiliate
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21

Feedback Score
    Just switched to visible from Verizon prepaid. Same cell coverage which is all I really care about. But my pixel 3xl was dropping signal in a few areas which pissed me off. When I switched to my Samsung A 51 though, it kept a steady signal in those same areas. So the phone sometimes has something to do with reception issues.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4