Thread: Lost/stolen UPS package during shipping experience with AT&T?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9Ē
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score

Lost/stolen UPS package during shipping experience with AT&T?

How has your experience been with AT&T when you had a phone/iPad lost before it came to the shipped address?

Since last Wednesday (4/15) my iPad has been stuck at Bell, CA UPS facility location. It was originally from Ft. Worth, TX. I called UPS on Monday morning to find out where is my package and they said to call the shipper to start a claim. Well I called AT&T right after I got off the phone with UPS. Of course AT&T said to wait for a callback from their investigation within 24-48 hours. Well that time has come and gone.

I feel like Iím getting the run around. Wait and see attitude. I called AT&T around noon today and the CSR was asking me if I normally use this facility (Bell, CA) before. What? I donít know what facility I use for shipping, since they come through all different locations. Next the CSR said maybe they had to isolate the load, because maybe the driver got Covid-19.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    From my experience when this happened. AT&T team reached out to the UPS team to start a tracer on the package. It took a couple weeks but AT&T ended up sending another iPhone.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9Ē
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score

Lost/stolen UPS package during shipping experience with AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by MyPyle View Post
    From my experience when this happened. AT&T team reached out to the UPS team to start a tracer on the package. It took a couple weeks but AT&T ended up sending another iPhone.
    That is exactly what they are doing with me, once I got through to the right department.

I guess someone was telling me not to order a new iPad Pro.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As a former At&t CS rep myself for almost 9 years, MyPyle is correct. UPS will not work with you directly and the rep has to send a request to an internal team to investigate/resolve such issues. They cannot transfer the call to that team, a special request is sent by the CS rep to that team internally. That specialty group does not receive incoming calls, they only notate the account with the latest updates.

If you demand to speak with a manager, you will get the same explanation.
    Last edited by veriztd; 04-30-2020 at 09:44 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9Ē
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    As a former At&t CS rep myself for almost 9 years, Mylyle is correct. UPS will not work with you directly and the rep has to send a request to an internal team to investigate/resolve such issues. They cannot transfer the call to that team, a special request is sent by the CS rep to that team internally. That specialty group does not receive incoming calls, they only notate the account with the latest updates.

If you demand to speak with a manager, you will get the same explanation.
    Thanks for the info. BTW Iím still waiting for AT&T to send me a new iPad. Last Thursday, they said it will take 5-7 business days to resend me a new iPad. Iím not sure what department I talked to.

Today I called to see if there was any updates with a first level CSR. It didnít go that well. She kept telling me that the iPad is still in transit. Then I mentioned about getting a credit for a service that I canít used and she said ďAT&T will never give you credit, since you have a contract for the iPad.Ē WTF!? Iím not asking for credit to the payment for the iPad? Itís been 23 days since this new line has been activated, but no activity, since there is no device connected to it. Am I being cheap for asking for credit?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    Am I being cheap for asking for credit?
    Not in my opinion. Since regular CS is refusing to offer a credit, I suggest you call back and ask for a manager to appeal. The fact the device has not been activated/used makes it clear. Remember that the device is not active no matter what they say since it is a new line of service and you never received the equipment.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9Ē
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Not in my opinion. Since regular CS is refusing to offer a credit, I suggest you call back and ask for a manager to appeal. The fact the device has not been activated/used makes it clear. Remember that the device is not active no matter what they say since it is a new line of service and you never received the equipment.
    Iím not going to call back, until I finally get the iPad in my hands, so Iíll know exactly how many days I need to ask for.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    Iím not going to call back, until I finally get the iPad in my hands, so Iíll know exactly how many days I need to ask for.
    That would be a good idea if the tablet is further delayed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ & iPP 12.9Ē
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Update:

Called AT&T on Monday, May 4th and it gets even worse. I called back since the 7th business day is up and wanted to find out what the status of the new iPad. Well after I was on the phone with CSR, I find out that AT&T denied the shipment of my replacement iPad back on April 23rd, the day I called on. Of course the CSR didnít know why they denied it. Plus they never cancelled the installment plan (IP) on this line, so the CSR started the process to cancel the IP and return the sales tax I paid and the first payment for the IP. CSR said it will take about 3 days to refund everything. The CSR also mentioned that I will have to go back to the corporate store and pay the sales tax for the new iPad again. Well later that afternoon I went to the corporate store and discovered I canít reorder it until they cancel the IP. As of today, the IP is still linked to the line.