Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: ATT Q1 2020 Results

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,404
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

    ATT Q1 2020 Results

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-earnings.html

    Name:  IMG_0029.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  37.7 KB


    Traditional Pay TV: Loss of -879,000 customers

    OTP TV: Loss of -138,000 customers

    Wireless: Added +163,000 paying phone customers

    A lot of investors are looking at these wireless numbers to see how bad COVID-19 has hurt this industry.

    Side note: Verizon posts their numbers on Friday for comparison.





    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    689
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-earnings.html

    Name:  IMG_0029.JPG
Views: 103
Size:  37.7 KB


    Traditional Pay TV: Loss of -879,000 customers

    OTP TV: Loss of -138,000 customers

    Wireless: Added +163,000 paying phone customers

    A lot of investors are looking at these wireless numbers to see how bad COVID-19 has hurt this industry.

    Side note: Verizon posts their numbers on Friday for comparison.





    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    What is "Wireless: paying phone customers"?
    Prepaid or postpaid ?

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,555
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    What is "Wireless: paying phone customers"?
    Prepaid or postpaid ?

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
    The transcript I saw said 163,000 postpaid.

    There are also an additional 40,000 lines in use that are counted as disconnects but still in use. People not able to pay due to CV issues.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Posts
    5,796
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    0
    DTV wasn't a good investment in my opinion. That with the lost of the Tmobile deal, the purchase of Time Warner, and just giving up on Uverse it seem ATT is in all directions with no directions.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,404
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    DTV wasn't a good investment in my opinion. That with the lost of the Tmobile deal, the purchase of Time Warner, and just giving up on Uverse it seem ATT is in all directions with no directions.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app
    This. I was actually hoping they would expand U-Verse into new markets to compete with Frontier/Spectrum.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Greater Hartford, CT
    Posts
    12,454
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    This. I was actually hoping they would expand U-Verse into new markets to compete with Frontier/Spectrum.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I wish they would take back the Uverse network here in CT. Frontier has been a disaster and only getting worse. AT&T ran it much better.
    Hartford, CT Area

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    6,560
    Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    0
    U-Verse was one of the few bright spots under Randall's watch, but alas to say he even found a way to muck that up.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Similar Threads

  1. Bell Q1 BCE results - wireless not so hot
    By wireless-wizz in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
  2. Q1 Financial Result Comparison
    By smc in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 02:49 AM
  3. Q1 Financial Results comparision
    By smc in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 12:55 AM
  4. Rogers Releases Q1 2004 Results
    By DarrenGuy in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
  5. ATT wireless 4Q results
    By whizKid in forum AT&T
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 04:43 PM

Bookmarks