Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Low cost voice only service for Verizon compatible phone???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TJN View Post
    Those that used Page Plus, can texting be turned off?

Sometimes I get a lot of SPAM texts. Does a Pape Plus customer have the ability to turn off texting so they will never be charged for texts?
    In the account page somewhere, for your phone, there are selections for that and data but I never had need to try.

Based on what I read about your needs, I think PagePlus PayGo is your best bet. Since your Rebel is unlocked you should be able to pickup a TF/vzw BYOP sim and activate on PPC. I've never used PP sims; TFs are the same. If the TF sim in your phone is deactivated you may even be able to reuse it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Since your Rebel is unlocked you should be able to pickup a TF/vzw BYOP sim and activate on PPC.
    That is not sure. Unless he actually called and requested the unlock, they will not do it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    If the TF sim in your phone is deactivated you may even be able to reuse it.
    That's not true for any Tracfone SIM. They "marry" the SIM with the first phone IMEI it was activated in. Sure it might looks like is working, but most of the VoLTE problems can be traced to a "SIM swap".
    A new SIM is $0.99 and in my experience I got it very quick (one or two days, but this was before this quarantine).

For OP: VoLTE is needed for having voice past the end of this year because Verizon will shut down CDMA.

Feedback Score

Sequence of Events

I called TracFone for the unlock codes. Tracfone sent me a email with the codes for my phone. I entered the codes in to my phone and the phone responded “unlock successful”. The phone still worked fine on Tracfone.

Later I ported the account/phone number to a brand new Tracfone that my better half is using. This leaves my original LG Tracfone, that is now deactivated with its original Tracfone sim. This original Tracfone is the one I am looking to reactivate on PagePlus or Us Mobile with a new phone number.
    OBIHAI 200 Oct 2015 Replaced NetTalk
    Alcatel A383G Jul 2015 To Jan 2016 Replaced A382G
    Alcatel A382G Apr 2014 To Jul 2015
    Kyocera Hydro Mar 2014 Ring+ 2016
    Google Voice Feb 2014 Ported TF (AT&T) # to GV
    Azpen A700 Nov 2013 7" Android tablet for GV/Talkatone
    LG 840G Sep 2013 Replaced C155
    NetTalk DUO Oct 2010 To Oct 2015 Replaced Verizon Land Line
    Verizon Land Line Oct 2010 Dropped & Ported # to TF
    Motorola V176 Jan 2008 To Apr 2014
    Motorola C155 Apr 2007 To Sep 2013 My first cell phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    That is not sure. Unless he actually called and requested the unlock, they will not do it automatically.

That's not true for any Tracfone SIM. They "marry" the SIM with the first phone IMEI it was activated in. Sure it might looks like is working, but most of the VoLTE problems can be traced to a "SIM swap".
    A new SIM is $0.99 and in my experience I got it very quick (one or two days, but this was before this quarantine).

For OP: VoLTE is needed for having voice past the end of this year because Verizon will shut down CDMA.
    He did previously say it's been unlocked. And It's been mentioned his Rebel 4 is VoLTE

It's NOT what's known as a sim swap. The whole marry thing is moot in this case. When the OP ported his account/phone number to a new sim it deactivated his original one. It's been mentioned many times on here, and confirmed with CSRs that a deactivated TF/vzw sim can be reused (assuming it's not to old for VoLTE). I hope other's will confirm this again.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    This original Tracfone is the one I am looking to reactivate on PagePlus or Us Mobile with a new phone number.
    According to what others have written, you are able to do this with one of the América Móvil companies which includes Tracfone, Net 10, PagePlus, Straight Talk, Total Wireless, Walmart Family Wireless and maybe others. But US Mobile is not part of that conglomerate--unless Carlos purchased it over the weekend--so your Tracfone SIM won't work for US Mobile. But if you go on their website, a chat box will pop offering to send you a free SIM card. You will want to use the Super LTE network SIM card which is for Verizon.

I personally have never reactivated a deactivated SIM card and I was not aware that it can be done, but others here on HoFo have done it. If there is a problem, you can always purchase a new PagePlus SIM card from their website for 99¢. Mine arrived in about a week.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Relztrah;17129663 If there is a problem, you can always purchase a new PagePlus SIM card from their website for 99¢. Mine arrived in about a week.[/QUOTE]

Or you can find a local store that has a 99cent TF/vzw BYOP sim kit and use it on PagePlus today.

Feedback Score
    Don't mine me... I just climbed out from sleeping under a rock... I never knew Page Plus was associated with Tracfone...Looks like I might not be going vary far....:<)

Feedback Score
    From Ting:

Your phone is compatible!
    Your phone is ready to come to Ting Mobile. All you need is a SIM card. Hey, wait... we’ve got SIM cards!

Looks like Ting is now doing Verizon networking.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    Don't mine me... I just climbed out from sleeping under a rock... I never knew Page Plus was associated with Tracfone...Looks like I might not be going vary far....:<)
    Well, it hasn't always been that way. There are a few of us old timers here on HowardForums who remember when PagePlus was an independent Verizon MVNO with a call center in Toleldo, OH which provided excellent customer service. Then some years ago it was bought out by América Móvil and became part of Carlos Slim's harem. Customer Service is no better or worse than Tracfone. So if you have questions, post here before calling or chatting with customer service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2