Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto G LTE, Samsung Rugby Smart Nokia 6010
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How long will it be before Stankey sell off the phone side and makes AT&T a strictly media delivery company? Big job cuts in the future? The big 3 become Verizon, T-Mobile and finally, lowly AT&T in last place.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Is Randall’s departure the result of two media acquisitions that are losing customers?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Who didn't think for a second as the title read, "AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John".

John Legere.

LOL
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 07.08.20

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    John Stankey is a beast! When I was at att, he ran the division of the company i worked in (Finance).
    AT&T Unlimited & More w/ 2 Lines
    AT&T TV w/ HBO

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Feedback Score
    Please expand what you mean by a beast.
    Aggressive in a good way or a vile person etc.?

BTA-44: MTA-29: MSA-41: PEA-40: CMA-41: BEA-78: MEA-24
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+ (unlocked), Galaxy S8, LG K7, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    I guess it would depend on how you view his leadership style. He's about numbers. In finance it was all about how can we get more $$$ in and also lower the company's debt. So from a company standpoint aggressive in a good way.
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Please expand what you mean by a beast.
    Aggressive in a good way or a vile person etc.?
    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post
    I guess it would depend on how you view his leadership style. He's about numbers. In finance it was all about how can we get more $$$ in and also lower the company's debt. So from a company standpoint aggressive in a good way.

Aren’t they all focused on that? It’s putting a vision together and executing that differentiates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Some execs are lopsided. They choose a direction & live or die with it. That's why I asked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shortyd999 View Post

Some say one method he may employ could be to sell DirecTV’s aging Satellite business and refocus their energy back into Wireless/5G.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

Quote Originally Posted by stclair49 View Post
    How long will it be before Stankey sell off the phone side and makes AT&T a strictly media delivery company? Big job cuts in the future? The big 3 become Verizon, T-Mobile and finally, lowly AT&T in last place.
    Why would they sell off the only division making them money? If anything they would sell off losing assets like direct tv. I don’t ever see the wireless side being sold.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I will say that the AT&T tv service is crapola... Ive had it for a while and the app on the smart TV's is heavy. Slow to go through the channels... constant buffering and channels bomb out.. have to be reloaded. I am currently trialing out YouTube TV.. and it much cleaner, quicker, and reliable compared to AT&T TV.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    I will say that the AT&T tv service is crapola... Ive had it for a while and the app on the smart TV's is heavy. Slow to go through the channels... constant buffering and channels bomb out.. have to be reloaded. I am currently trialing out YouTube TV.. and it much cleaner, quicker, and reliable compared to AT&T TV.
    I've had DirecTV Now since the beginning, and it's fine. Although it *does* work like trash on Roku, it works fine on FireTV and AppleTV (especially on AppleTV)

I have yet to find a service that could replicate the plan I have now, as it's the original $35 plan that's been raised a few times but still only $55 for over 100 channels.

I also appreciate the fact they broadcast full-resolution MPEG4.. I hate watching TV at other people's house with Comcast now.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Feedback Score
    IMO, Randall Stephenson read the handwriting on the wall and with all the other distractions going on, decided that he could slide out the side door. Regardsless if he jumped or got pushed, he has a parachute. I believe that AT&T could have and should have done better than Stephenson. A fish stinks from the head and with all of the spectrum and contracts that AT&T had, they are stinking up the place.

John Legere as an SVP? Slim chance. Never say never. Perhaps to put the fear in Stankey, make him look over his shoulder. Legere worked for the death star for 20 +/- years; had a stint as head of AT&T Global Strategy and Business Development. Seems like that's exactly what AT&T need right now.

However, once a tiger gets the taste of human, it rerely eats anything else.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    IMO, Randall Stephenson read the handwriting on the wall and with all the other distractions going on, decided that he could slide out the side door. Regardsless if he jumped or got pushed, he has a parachute. I believe that AT&T could have and should have done better than Stephenson. A fish stinks from the head and with all of the spectrum and contracts that AT&T had, they are stinking up the place.

John Legere as an SVP? Slim chance. Never say never. Perhaps to put the fear in Stankey, make him look over his shoulder. Legere worked for the death star for 20 +/- years; had a stint as head of AT&T Global Strategy and Business Development. Seems like that's exactly what AT&T need right now.

However, once a tiger gets the taste of human, it rerely eats anything else.
    I think Randall had a plan, but bad execution, along with way too bloated middle management all trying to do job justification by creating rules/policies that actually in the end worked against the company and it's customers.

Stankey is going to need to de-bloat middle management, streamline the operation, and make a clear plan going forward for both the Media and Telco side (and maybe actually start to give a **** about the residential customers - as there's only so many corporate clients you can snatch up)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast