Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    This is well over due as AT&T long ago lost their way. Stankey doesn't inspire much confidence either.

I'll "try" to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't see it ending well.

AT&T problem is they want to be a jack of all trades and master of none. Wireless IS AND WILL BE KING for the foreseeable future.

Why did you have to make it so hard Randall 🤦🏽*♂️.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    This is well over due as AT&T long ago lost their way. Stankey doesn't inspire much confidence either.

I'll "try" to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I don't see it ending well.

AT&T problem is they want to be a jack of all trades and master of none. Wireless IS AND WILL BE KING for the foreseeable future.

Why did you have to make it so hard Randall ����*♂️.

I think if Randall would have been allowed to *actually* expand fiber in any meaningful way, they'd be in a lot better footing as the copper plant is rotting out, people are leaving in droves - but they still have to pay to keep that up and going.

Randall actually stated on a few investor calls he wanted to expand Fiber and needed to spend money to do it, but investors ***** no matter what - the problem is you have to spend money to make money.. yes it would have had a 10-15yr ROI but would have future proofed themselves to actually take on Comcast, sell a customer multiple lines of service (Wireless, home ISP, TV, etc) - THAT was Randall's goal.

And it is true, normal people (not on HoFo) would have rationalized staying with AT&T as everything just comes on one bill - I still know many (even "younger people") today who deal with **** 25Mbps DSL because it's all on the same bill as their cell phone.. that's just how normies think and Randall knows that.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I think if Randall would have been allowed to *actually* expand fiber in any meaningful way, they'd be in a lot better footing as the copper plant is rotting out, people are leaving in droves - but they still have to pay to keep that up and going.

Randall actually stated on a few investor calls he wanted to expand Fiber and needed to spend money to do it, but investors ***** no matter what - the problem is you have to spend money to make money.. yes it would have had a 10-15yr ROI but would have future proofed themselves to actually take on Comcast, sell a customer multiple lines of service (Wireless, home ISP, TV, etc) - THAT was Randall's goal.

And it is true, normal people (not on HoFo) would have rationalized staying with AT&T as everything just comes on one bill - I still know many (even "younger people") today who deal with **** 25Mbps DSL because it's all on the same bill as their cell phone.. that's just how normies think and Randall knows that.
    That’s a shame. It’d been a much better investment long term.

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When has a CEO not done what he wanted to do, especially in this day and age.

Truth is Randall had stars in his eyes of being some sorta media mogul... How'd that work out for him!?

I maintain AT&T is rudder less and only First Net is it's saving grace.

It's not personal, it's just my observations.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When has a CEO not done what he wanted to do, especially in this day and age.

Truth is Randall had stars in his eyes of being some sorta media mogul... How'd that work out for him!?

It's not personal, it's just my observations.

As soon as he mentioned fiber expansion though.. that's when Elliott bought a ton of shares and made a stink, followed by resignation.

AT&T is a huge company and ANY move they make will be glacial like the Titanic, and nothing can happen overnight. I imagine no change will be seen fully for at least 4-6yrs.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

All I know, is that Ed Whitacre left Randall Stephenson in as good a position as you could leave your successor.

HE MUCKED IT UP PERIODT!!!

I don't know one thing he did right, he's right there with Gary Forsee. He should've been out, which I guess it's more of an indictment on the board of directors than anything, but still.

AT&T needs a structural shakeup. HBO MAX IS NOT THE ANSWER 🤣🤣🤣

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down, John Stankey to serve as new CEO

All I know, is that Ed Whitacre left Randall Stephenson in as good a position as you could leave your successor.

HE MUCKED IT UP PERIODT!!!

I don't know one thing he did right, he's right there with Gary Forsee. He should've been out, which I guess it's more of an indictment on the board of directors than anything, but still.

AT&T needs a structural shakeup. HBO MAX IS NOT THE ANSWER 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah I agree. The Direct TV purchase made no sense. Even time Warner wasn’t a good idea. He’s been pretty good on the wireless side, so I wouldn’t necessarily say he was completely bad.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Although I think calling AT&T rudderless is a very poor choice of words I do think AT&T bit off more than it can chew. Between Time Warner, Directv, Directv now, AT&T now, HBO Max, ATT uverse and whatever Other TV service that AT&T came up with this week they bit off more than they can chew.

I wouldn’t be upset if had more of a clear delineation between the wireless division and media division. I think it’s just too much for one company to handle. Over the last few years the Wireless division made a complete 180, the media portion not so much.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    Although I think calling AT&T rudderless is a very poor choice of words I do think AT&T bit off more than it can chew. Between Time Warner, Directv, Directv now, AT&T now, HBO Max, ATT uverse and whatever Other TV service that AT&T came up with this week they bit off more than they can chew.

I wouldn’t be upset if had more of a clear delineation between the wireless division and media division. I think it’s just too much for one company to handle. Over the last few years the Wireless division made a complete 180, the media portion not so much.

Well considering AT&T is essentially 3 companies: Wireline, Wireless, Media.. They were in the progress of shaking up the Wireless division, Wireline was just put on a backburner while they digested the Media divison.

People forget just how big AT&T is. It's like expecting the Titanic to turn on a dime, it's not gonna happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2