Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Basic Phone Plans disapparing/reappearing

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    216
    Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy A30
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Basic Phone Plans disapparing/reappearing

    Anyone else experiencing on the Tracfone website when going to buy airtime for a particular device or SIM that the Basic Phone plans are gone but then sometimes seemingly randomly reappearing intermittently? This behavior only happens on one particular SIM I have for which I used to be always be able to buy TMFL Basic Phone plans.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Central Iowa
    Posts
    1,019
    Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't know what phone and tower carrier you have, but I know lots of basic phones have disappearing. Plus most phones does not have TMFL any more too. So I am wondering if that is why you are running into that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    216
    Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy A30
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I don't know what phone and tower carrier you have, but I know lots of basic phones have disappearing. Plus most phones does not have TMFL any more too. So I am wondering if that is why you are running into that.
    I can still buy the Basic Phone TMFL airtime on both my Verizon TF (locked) iPhone, and my T-Mobile TF BYOP SIM consistently. But my TF AT&T SIM has the Basic Phone TMFL airtime option disappearing and then randomly reappearing. It appeared today, so I snagged a 90 day $20 airtime card for it.

    I'm thinking maybe it's a TF website bug. I just tried the TF Android App and the basic plans are there, so maybe that's the best way to do it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    908
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    I'm thinking maybe it's a TF website bug. I just tried the TF Android App and the basic plans are there, so maybe that's the best way to do it.
    Their CSRs are also their website programmers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,495
    Feedback Score
    0
    The disappearing options have been happening for a long time. There were discussions about "smartphone only" sims here some time ago. My 2 BYOP sims, AT&T and T-Mobile, show the basic cards for purchase...the Verizon sim that came with a non TMFL TF branded phone does not generally. I see the basic cards show up now and then, no rhyme or reason. The 2 that work were hold overs from the TMFL days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,286
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    I'm thinking maybe it's a TF website bug. I just tried the TF Android App and the basic plans are there, so maybe that's the best way to do it.
    I have a BYOP with a non-TMFL SIM. Most of the time it will show Basic plans in the phone app, but never on the website. TMFL was Grandfathered in from the previous TF branded phone that had it in the account. I never tried to see if a Basic plan could actually be bought from the phone, as I stopped using those years ago.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    216
    Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy A30
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    The disappearing options have been happening for a long time. There were discussions about "smartphone only" sims here some time ago. My 2 BYOP sims, AT&T and T-Mobile, show the basic cards for purchase...the Verizon sim that came with a non TMFL TF branded phone does not generally. I see the basic cards show up now and then, no rhyme or reason. The 2 that work were hold overs from the TMFL days.
    OK sounds like the exact same experience I've been having. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    216
    Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3, iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy A30
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Somewhat unrelated question... I have been considering having a TF CSR deactivate my newer smartphone only (non-TMFL) SIM which I'm no longer using and transfer the remaining benefits (buckets) to one of my older TMFL SIM devices, but I'm hesitating becuase I'm afraid the older device might lose the TMFL in the process.

    There are less than 1000 minutes, 1GB data, and 30 service days remaining on that SIM I want to deactivate, so not sure it's worth the risk. I might just let that SIM die a natural death once the service days run out.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,538
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toronado455 View Post
    Somewhat unrelated question... I have been considering having a TF CSR deactivate my newer smartphone only (non-TMFL) SIM which I'm no longer using and transfer the remaining benefits (buckets) to one of my older TMFL SIM devices, but I'm hesitating becuase I'm afraid the older device might lose the TMFL in the process.

    There are less than 1000 minutes, 1GB data, and 30 service days remaining on that SIM I want to deactivate, so not sure it's worth the risk. I might just let that SIM die a natural death once the service days run out.
    It shouldn't affect anything. The CSR isn't messing with the old SIM. The CSR is just manually adding minutes to the account the same as if you were getting your balance corrected.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,952
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is always the possibility of losing TMFL. It has been reported here every so often over the years. Usually occurred during a deactivation - reactivation. Most were able to get it back, but it was usually a hassle dealing with Tracfone CSRs.
    What you want to do doesn`t deactivate the receiving phone.

Similar Threads

  1. Fido Basic Phone Plan
    By dbwrobel in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 06:04 PM
  2. WTB: Sero 500 plan with basic phone
    By acadiel in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
  3. Best extremely basic phone w/ plan
    By DRCRAWFISH in forum AT&T Regular Phones
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 01:12 AM
  4. Need Some Ideas on New BASIC Phone for my Verizon Plan
    By gott_2_go in forum Feature Phones
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 11:15 PM
  5. Need Some Ideas on New BASIC Phone for my Verizon Plan
    By gott_2_go in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Bookmarks