Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confused at how 4g LTE roaming will work for sprint customers now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Band 2 is PCS bands A-F, band 25 is PCS blocks A-G (G is an extra 5mhz block Sprint received.) LTE has a setup called MFBI (Multi Frequency Band Indicator) so the chunk of LTE in band 2 can also say it's on band 25.

If the equipment supports it, they might also (if they had PCS band F) be able to run this as a 5mhz channel for band 2 phones and a 10mhz one (F+G) for band 25 phones. Or if they have bands E and F, 10mhz for band 2 phones and 15mhz for band 25 phones.
    You have some info wrong F and G are not contiguous. It's the C block that is contiguous with the G block. F is contiguous with C. Once you do C+G then the C block Cant do B2 only B25. At some point B25 will be over the whole network.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Not true people are seeing VOLTE now...
    If not true people are seeing VoLTE, what are true people seeing?
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score

Confused at how 4g LTE roaming will work for sprint customers now.

Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    If not true people are seeing VoLTE, what are true people seeing?
    Ok, I understand the Galaxy's have some nifty features to block and allow bands and the S20 can use both Sprint & T-Mobile 5g once a software update is sent. Anyone have screenshots of an iPhone using T-Mobile VoLTE?
    Last edited by techfranz; 04-27-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Just heard on Reddit that starting tomorrow.. all Samsung S20 devices will have a SOC code added to have T-mobile as the primary network and sprint as the backup. Also heard that the SOC will be randomly placed on lines depending on where you use the phone the most. This includes non 5G phones...... Since this is a SOC code you should be able to login to your account and see if there is an extra feature present.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    Well, i tried again when I got up today for work, and low and behold my account is able to do VoLTE and force T-Mobile in Chicago (this was not working for me two days ago, would go to Sprint 3G when i disabled the LTE bands in Chicago)

Last edited by brad15; 04-28-2020 at 05:58 AM.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Nice, which method did you use to force it to Tmobile side?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Nice, which method did you use to force it to Tmobile side?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    ##DATA# and disable the sprint LTE bands, same as everyone else.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well, i tried again when I got up today for work, and low and behold my account is able to do VoLTE and force T-Mobile in Chicago (this was not working for me two days ago, would go to Sprint 3G when i disabled the LTE bands in Chicago)

This is awesome!

Do you have problems with receiving voicemail or message delivery in general when you force roam?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    This is awesome!

Do you have problems with receiving voicemail or message delivery in general when you force roam?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    You know i've not tried. That Sprint line is mostly used for data-only (I do not even know it's phone number) as I just picked it up for the 100GB of hotspot to see how it gets grandfathered over on the T-Mobile side.

I'll check back and let you know.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys so I have an iPhone 10 with sprint. Planning on visiting an area that had great T-Mobile service but no sprint signal or shall I say a really weak unusable even though it showed a bar or two. Do I have to to do anything to the iPhone when I get to the location in which sprint is lackluster to make it go right to T-Mobile. Thanks so much. It’s so appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhp252 View Post
    Hey guys so I have an iPhone 10 with sprint. Planning on visiting an area that had great T-Mobile service but no sprint signal or shall I say a really weak unusable even though it showed a bar or two. Do I have to to do anything to the iPhone when I get to the location in which sprint is lackluster to make it go right to T-Mobile. Thanks so much. It’s so appreciated.
    Depends on what bands TMO has. You can't access B71 with that phone. If 12,,66,2 are there then you can

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I live in queens ny. In my area (nyc) would an iPhone 11 Max pro be more helpful in being able to stay on t-mobile bands when the sprint signal is not usable or is their no difference in that regard with the iPhone X thanks so much everyone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I live in queens ny. In my area (nyc) would an iPhone 11 Max pro be more helpful in being able to stay on t-mobile bands when the sprint signal is not usable or is their no difference in that regard with the iPhone X thanks so much everyone.
    You will still want a phone with Band 71 for T-Mobile.. especially indoors. No matter the market.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The greater NYC area, is one where I'd drop the bucks for the newest, best phone I could afford. The question here is "Does the iPhone 11 Max qualify?" All it really buys you, in terms of connectivity, over the iPhone X is band 71. That's important but with T-Mobile's rush to deploy 5G (n41, n71 & mmWave) in the NYC market, should you either get a Samsung 5G phone now or wait for the iPhone 12? If i were dedicated to the Apple ecosystem and I couldn't afford a new phone every 6 months, I might hold off and wait for the iPhone 12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    If the Sprint phone like a iPhone supports T-Mobile’s VoLTE it will work for voice calls. Sprint customers have full roaming on T-Mobile including the 5G if you have the Samsung S20. T-Mobile has changed their Band 2 indicated to the super set Band 25 to make the Sprint phones easier to roam.
    But what audio codec is used? EVS or AMRWB?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast