Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Which is my point about how pathetic and unacceptable AT&T is where I live. I called those nasty arrogant AT&T customers service for years that I couldn’t use my iPhone almost monthly. I begged them to give me a booster which they wanted to charge me over $200. I will never give AT&T another penny of my money ever and I fired Directv as soon as they took over. Yet all you do is complain about how bad T-Mobile is but must be afraid to fire them like I did AT&T.

Where I live T-Mobile is better that AT&T or Verizon. As far as I am concerned anyone that is personally paying ( not work phone) for two networks must not have good service from either network and should consider a Satellite phone.
    That’s why location matters so much when choosing a cell provider.

I had a similar experience with T-Mo. the worked great outside but I had no service at all inside my work. When I called them multiple times they were very rude and said if I expect to have working service inside that I should consider WiFi Calling. I fired them and decided never to give them another penny.

That’s good that you found a service that worked for you. I really wanted T-Mo to work out cause at the time they had less congestion and speeds were good and outdoor coverage wasn’t bad at all. And the included Netflix was a great perk.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Which is my point about how pathetic and unacceptable AT&T is where I live. I called those nasty arrogant AT&T customers service for years that I couldn’t use my iPhone almost monthly. I begged them to give me a booster which they wanted to charge me over $200. I will never give AT&T another penny of my money ever and I fired Directv as soon as they took over. Yet all you do is complain about how bad T-Mobile is but must be afraid to fire them like I did AT&T.

California is a NIMBY state so a lot of coverage issues are the fault of the people they put in public office to enforce their NIMBY laws keeps cell towers out of their area.

Where I live T-Mobile is better that AT&T or Verizon. As far as I am concerned anyone that is personally paying ( not work phone) for two networks must not have good service from either network and should consider a Satellite phone.
    Which area are you in?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Maybe, Visible, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Which is my point about how pathetic and unacceptable AT&T is where I live. Yet the AT&T fans refuse to accept any bad mouthing of their precious AT&T.

How many years has it been since you've been with AT&T- you don't think they've improved coverage at all like your beloved t-mobile?

I have a plan on each carrier, because i can. Verizon has the best coverage, AT&T has the best speed. T-Mobile and Sprint? about to drop T-Mobile, no boost in coverage between AT&T or Verizon, definitely not as fast as AT&T. Sprint SWAC- ok coverage, only works when on B41. Only keeping it because its only $35 a month and I'm hopefully wishing that the "new" t-maybe will be decent and be some real competition against the big 2.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    How many years has it been since you've been with AT&T- you don't think they've improved coverage at all like your beloved t-mobile?

I have a plan on each carrier, because i can. Verizon has the best coverage, AT&T has the best speed. T-Mobile and Sprint? about to drop T-Mobile, no boost in coverage between AT&T or Verizon, definitely not as fast as AT&T. Sprint SWAC- ok coverage, only works when on B41. Only keeping it because its only $35 a month and I'm hopefully wishing that the "new" t-maybe will be decent and be some real competition against the big 2.
    My daughter lives in another part of Florida has AT&T and can’t call me from my drive way a few months ago. It would ring but you can’t get any quality of sound enough to understand for a conversation unless I would have to walk past her about 150 yards Down the street to hear what she said Over the phone. Our conversation are great when she calls me from 200 miles away. AT&T is spotty and their arrogant nasty Customers service is even worse than their pathetic useless service. At a local bar T-Mobile pulls 130 Mbps down and Verizon gets 30 Mbps Down. I only know one person that has a business phone with AT&T but he carries a T-Mobile phone also since he is in South America a lot.

https://www.rootmetrics.com/en-US/ro...ami-fl/2019/2H

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Satellite phones and plans are significantly more expensive than cellular counterparts, and you have to use specialized phones with them. Choosing a plan on two different networks is a far easier solution than trying to spin up a satellite plan that still has the functionality of a standard cellular plan. On my Pixel 3a, I have an eSIM from Sprint as my primary plan, and a Tracfone prepaid SIM that runs on the Verizon network for backup data and cover any dead sports that Sprint + roaming (onto T-Mobile, US Cellular, and AT&T) doesn't. Once my Sprint line gets converted over to T-Mobile, I'll likely switch over to a Tracfone AT&T SIM as T-Mobile much more strictly limits roaming onto their network, and there's a few areas that I go to where that roaming is needed (even moreso than Verizon.)

I have service from two carriers because that gives me the best balance of cost and performance. I can run a cheap plan from Sprint that works 95-99% of the time, and then the Verizon SIM can run backup as needed. I'll likely do the same with T-Mobile (just with an AT&T SIM as backup) so long as my price point stays reasonable. The backup SIM is only $40/year, quite a bit cheaper than the extra cost to have my main line with a plan that uses AT&T's network (which does have the best coverage for me,) and far cheaper than getting a satellite phone.
    Sprint Kickstart plan ($15/mo.):

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I keep a spare phone with a cheap plan on a different network in my car.(3.50 month/1 Gb) It comes in handy in case I leave my main phone at home, or if there is a temporary network outage.

Also, curious if a satellite phone will work inside? I would think you would need to be outside.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    ...... As far as I am concerned anyone that is personally paying ( not work phone) for two networks must not have good service from either network and should consider a Satellite phone.
    My main phone service is with T-Mobile and it's good in 98% of places I regularly go but I still carry a PagePlus PAYG as a backup when I travel in rural areas. I used to keep an Iridium phone active but that was because I traveled globally to very remote places that had no cell service. When the office provided field parties with a better (satellite VOIP) solution and Iridium raised their monthly rates, I dropped my satellite service. I think my current two-carrier solution will provide service in 99.9% of any places I'll ever visit and if I plan a trip to somewhere really remote, I still have the Iridium phone and a SIM that can be activated with a couple of hours' notice.
    Donald Newcomb

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Similar to what I do. I have a tmobile line and also a Verizon line. That gives me a great chance at having some kind of coverage. With esim it's super easy with just one phone to carry
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    My main phone service is with T-Mobile and it's good in 98% of places I regularly go but I still carry a PagePlus PAYG as a backup when I travel in rural areas. I used to keep an Iridium phone active but that was because I traveled globally to very remote places that had no cell service. When the office provided field parties with a better (satellite VOIP) solution and Iridium raised their monthly rates, I dropped my satellite service. I think my current two-carrier solution will provide service in 99.9% of any places I'll ever visit and if I plan a trip to somewhere really remote, I still have the Iridium phone and a SIM that can be activated with a couple of hours' notice.

Feedback Score

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Similar to what I do. I have a tmobile line and also a Verizon line. That gives me a great chance at having some kind of coverage. With esim it's super easy with just one phone to carry
    Esim is such a great feature . I use T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon all on one phone. If I ever run into an area where nobody works , then I really can’t complain lol

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yep. My grandfathered T-Mo plan is cheap enough vs. the competition that it's cheaper to keep a backup phone on a low use plan on a big-two MVNO the few times a year T-Mo coverage isn't adequate.

I used PagePlus back when the free QNC data loophole worked (Verizon MVNO lines used to get unlimited 14.4kbps phone as modem dial up data for several years before Verizon shut down 1x data.) If you think throttled T-Mo 128kbps "2G" data is slow, you've never experienced the joys of QNC, or it's sister CSD (the 9.6kbps GSM equivalent)! After letting the PagePlus balance inadvertently expire, I switched to FreedomPop (AT&T MVNO) that offers 200MB free data/month, and a few backup unactivated FreedomPop prepaid 3-month 1GB/month SIMs to use as needed (e.g. summer travel through the Midwest and west). Until recently, I also had a "free" Xfinity Mobile line (Unlimited T&T, 100MB data) but ditched that when they killed the free plan.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ...., you've never experienced the joys of QNC, or it's sister CSD (the 9.6kbps GSM equivalent)! .....
    or 1200 baud modem over analog cellular? I used to have 9600 baud CSD and fax lines on my account but it was a feature T-Mobile dropped shortly after buying PowerTel.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    or 1200 baud modem over analog cellular? I used to have 9600 baud CSD and fax lines on my account but it was a feature T-Mobile dropped shortly after buying PowerTel.
    My first modem was a 300 baud hitched up to a Commodore 64. I quickly upgraded to 1200 as soon as I could budget for it.

The best thing about 300 baud was it was very easy to read the data as it came across the terminal. 1200 was a lot harder to keep up with!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Esim is such a great feature . I use T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon all on one phone. If I ever run into an area where nobody works , then I really can’t complain lol
    Well at least you only have one phone to charge every day and that is a plus. Between charging my Phone, tablet, laptop, smartwatch, two pairs of earbuds I don’t want extra phones to charge. Plus I keep a charged power bank in my car that always needs to be changed. I just can’t imagine people paying for two or three expensive phones on different networks that are worth about 25% of their value in two years or less. Forgot what I paid for my Samsung S9 but it only gets $200 for a trade in for a 0nePlus 8 5G and that is about what a S9 goes for on Swappa. I always want a state of the technology flagship phone that has all the bands. I want a 5G phone but I know that I need to wait for the Qualcomm X60 modem that will CA between all the spectrum bands.

Seriously I haven’t lost T-Mobile service in years in Florida. The idea of a back up phone just doesn’t make any sense to me since I don’t even lose signal now inside building with B71.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-17-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I enjoy it. I also had an att prepaid but decided 2 lines were good enough. I sometimes miss the att line but am really looking forward to what tmobile does with all the new resources so I plan to have a line with them for a long time

What Verizon needs is mid band so they will probably bid seriously in the next auction
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Yeah I enjoy it. I also had an att prepaid but decided 2 lines were good enough. I sometimes miss the att line but am really looking forward to what tmobile does with all the new resources so I plan to have a line with them for a long time

What Verizon needs is mid band so they will probably bid seriously in the next auction
    They sure do . There’s been rumors lately they’re getting early access to 100 MHz nationwide. We’ll see if that’s true

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast