Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Considering all the spectrum T-Mobile got from the Sprint Merger, all the Sprint customers, and all the other synergies that come from them merging with Sprint.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 16 Years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Considering all the spectrum T-Mobile got from the Sprint Merger, all the Sprint customers, and all the other synergies that come from them merging with Sprint.
    No. At some point their will be no difference on coverage they will all be pretty close. At&t has the firstnet contract so they get reimbursed from the govt. So they have to add towers to places they didn't cover in the past and even in places where no carrier currently covers.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Spectrum helps but will not close the large gap in coverage between New T-Mobile and AT&T/Verizon.
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    AT&T has extremely poor coverage in my area and I live in the 2nd most populated country in the third most populated state in the nation. Probably why the last Rootmetrics test listed AT&T as the #3 network only ahead of Sprint in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe counties. As far as I am concerned T-Mobile has already passed AT&T in coverage.

AT&T is also in some financial trouble and is selling all their 1.1 million customers and AT&T network in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands to Liberty Latin America in a few weeks to help pay down their massive AT&T debt. I just think AT&T decided they couldn’t complete with T-Mobile’s new 600MHz network that was just build out in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands after that hurricane destroyed that area. Maybe AT&T will have to sell other parts of their network and customers to pay their massive debt.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-27-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Postpaid Phone Customers: I think T-Mobile could easily overtake ATT in this category. Total connections including IOT... not yet.

Coverage wise: A couple of points here. T-Mobile doesn’t have to compete for the 5 customers that live on the north tip of Idaho to overtake ATT; they just need to cover ALL the areas where most people live, work and play and do it better. This includes rural highways in between towns. In some markets they’ve already done this.

DT has publicly made it known they want T-Mobile to be the number 1 carrier in their US.

The new T-Mobile is obsessed with coverage and they don’t have to share their resources with unprofitable divisions like Satellite TV or brands from the 1990’s like AOL/Yahoo that only old people are familiar with.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Last edited by @TheRealDanny; 04-28-2020 at 12:07 AM.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    AT&T has extremely poor coverage in my area and I live in the 2nd most populated country in the third most populated state in the nation. Probably why the last Rootmetrics test listed AT&T as the #3 network only ahead of Sprint in Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Monroe counties. As far as I am concerned T-Mobile has already passed AT&T in coverage.

AT&T is also in some financial trouble and is selling all their 1.1 million customers and AT&T network in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands to Liberty Latin America in a few weeks to help pay down their massive AT&T debt. I just think AT&T decided they couldn’t complete with T-Mobile’s new 600MHz network that was just build out in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands after that hurricane destroyed that area. Maybe AT&T will have to sell other parts of their network and customers to pay their massive debt.
    I have Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon (I've worked for everyone but AT&T) - and I travel all over the country for work.

AT&T has done a complete 180 over the last year or so thanks to FirstNet, and Puerto Rico we all saw coming as even Verizon sold out of there long ago, i'm amazed it took AT&T this long to do it honestly. The cost to fully rebuild the island after the hurricane was not worth the money AT&T was making in the area, so they let it go.

T-Mobile is good, but definitely has a lot of work to do, and I do not see any *meaningful* work being done (other than T-Mobile being so hot for not-even-ready 5G) Until Sprint customers are totally converted.. Sure my Sprint phone can Roam on T-Mobile LTE now but where i can get Band 41, it's usually faster than T-Mobile, so i'm hoping like crazy they're not bone headed and leave some LTE on B41.

AT&T on the other hand, i get 100+Mbps on LTE pretty regularly, even in crowded places. It'll be interesting to see the *next* round of Rootmetrics and OpenSignal once most of FirstNet is complete, as everywhere i've seen them deploy it the network has been absolutely superb. I used to down right hate AT&T's network and would tell everyone to avoid it at all costs, so I am almost sick with myself saying how good it's gotten - but it has.

Verizon.. well it's Verizon. They're spectrum crunched and their network shows it. No need to go into that.

Now, i can say I absolutely love T-Mobile and have kept that account open since I was 18, but the LTE just leaves a bit desired in my travels, and i'm hoping they're smart in integrating Sprint's LTE assets and leave us that do not plan on upgrading this year some LTE capacity in B41.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    . . . . . .and Puerto Rico we all saw coming as even Verizon sold out of there long ago, i'm amazed it took AT&T this long to do it honestly. The cost to fully rebuild the island after the hurricane was not worth the money AT&T was making in the area, so they let it go.
    Exactly, I can't imagine Puerto Rico was ever very profitable . . . . .even before the last hurricane. Verizon was smart for getting out early . . .

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Exactly, I can't imagine Puerto Rico was ever very profitable . . . . .even before the last hurricane. Verizon was smart for getting out early . . .
    Who knows maybe AT&T will have to sell off other networks areas since they are deep in debt and all their media and other divisions wheels are falling off. Will cable cutters come back? I sure don’t think so. I think AT&T will have a net loss of Mobil customers this year mainly due to selling off 1.1 million customers in PR & VI.

Where Will AT&T Be in 1 Year? https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...in-1-year.aspx
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-28-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Feedback Score
    Att will still have much better coverage than T-Mobile. How many years has T-Mobile promised to be on par with the others and it turned out to be nothing more than marketing bs

Not sure how much T-Mobile pays you and Butler to shill for them but I need a job like that where I get paid to post opinion with very little fact
    Who knows maybe AT&T will have to sell off other networks areas since they are deep in debt and all their media and other divisions wheels are falling off. Will cable cutters come back, I sure don’t think so. I think AT&T will have a net loss of Mobil customers this year mainly due to selling off 1.1 million customers in PR & VI.

Where Will AT&T Be in 1 Year? https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...in-1-year.aspx

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Who knows maybe AT&T will have to sell off other networks areas since they are deep in debt and all their media and other divisions wheels are falling off. Will cable cutters come back, I sure don’t think so. I think AT&T will have a net loss of Mobil customers this year mainly due to selling off 1.1 million customers in PR & VI.

AT&T will be just fine. They need time to digest all of their purchases. They're a MUCH bigger company than T-Mobile and shifts like they're doing does not happen overnight.

Also, I go to Puerto Rico a lot for work, and trust me AT&T did not have many customers there. T-Mobile has the island blanketed in coverage and has a vast majority.. that's a market that's T-Mobile's to say the least. I'd see i'd say 90% T-Mobile, 5% Sprint, 5% other.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    Att will still have much better coverage than T-Mobile. How many years has T-Mobile promised to be on par with the others and it turned out to be nothing more than marketing bs

Not sure how much T-Mobile pays you and Butler to shill for them but I need a job like that where I get paid to post opinion with very little fact
    I mean, for me they've gotten passable rurally as long as I do not bother to go inside.. and inner cities, i cannot recall the last time I lost signal completely with T-Mobile indoors (it's slow, but it works on 700MHz)

Feedback Score
    AT&T will be just fine. They need time to digest all of their purchases. They're a MUCH bigger company than T-Mobile and shifts like they're doing does not happen overnight.

Also, I go to Puerto Rico a lot for work, and trust me AT&T did not have many customers there. T-Mobile has the island blanketed in coverage and has a vast majority.. that's a market that's T-Mobile's to say the least. I'd see i'd say 90% T-Mobile, 5% Sprint, 5% other.

I mean, for me they've gotten passable rurally as long as I do not bother to go inside.. and inner cities, i cannot recall the last time I lost signal completely with T-Mobile indoors (it's slow, but it works on 700MHz)
    When you go to Puerto Rico keep a look out for B13 as Sprint owns that there. Now TMO

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post

Trust me I hate AT&T to the bone for trying to steal over $300 from me for moving my phone to another network a few hours before midnight when my 2 year contract ended. I had a paid in full recite from the local AT&T store. So AT&T bricked my iPhone. After that It got much worse after their arrogant obnoxious customers service refused to unlock my iPhone that I had paid off. It wasn’t pretty the last time I was in one of their stores demanding my iPhone that Apple had replaced under warranty be unlocked.

I will attack AT&T every chance I get to trash them for free. No one has to pay me to hate AT&T. I just like T-Mobile but my hate for AT&T could fill a ocean. At least I respect the AT&T board not to take my fight there like their obnoxious customers come over to this T-Mobile board to insult anyone that likes T-Mobile. If it makes you upset and whine about me even better news that I love. So keep crying and tell your mother I make you mad.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thanks great news that the new T-Mobile owns 95% of that areas coverage. So AT&T couldn’t compete with T-Mobile in PR & VI even with 1.1 Million customers. Sure hope that new T-Mobile with 5GNR and B4, B25, B71 and the other spectrum makes AT&T to abandon NYC to T-Mobile. 5GNR that works inside building on a deep robust bandwidth and fast network like T-Mobile is building in NYC is going to attract a lot of new customers there.

Not sure that AT&T is a bigger company than Deutsche Telecom and SoftBank that are the top two investors in TMUS. We will see if DT and SoftBank want to fund T-Mobile 5GNR to leapfrog AT&T and close the gap on Verizon. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 04-28-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro, Galaxy S10e
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No need to wonder if AT&T is a bigger company...

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks great news that the new T-Mobile owns 95% of that areas coverage. So AT&T couldn’t compete with T-Mobile in PR & VI even with 1.1 Million customers. Sure hope that new T-Mobile with 5GNR and B4, B25, B71 and the other spectrum makes AT&T to abandon NYC to T-Mobile. 5GNR that works inside building on a deep robust bandwidth and fast network like T-Mobile is building in NYC is going to attract a lot of new customers there.

Not sure that AT&T is a bigger company than Deutsche Telecom and SoftBank that are the top two investors in TMUS. We will see if DT and SoftBank want to fund T-Mobile 5GNR to leapfrog AT&T and close the gap on Verizon. Only time will tell.
    Will you stop it already? We get you hate AT&T. That’s been clear forever now.

You cannot use YOUR own experience with any carrier to try and paint a picture that the entire nation’s cellular performance matches that of South Florida/Miami area.

I have no problem telling you that T-Mobile’s rural coverage is mangled trash in my state, meanwhile AT&T works very well in a vast majority of areas. But that’s my experience and does not reflect what another person might experience elsewhere.

Please, just settle down and come back to reality.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast