Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: Is the New T-Mobile now in the best Position to overtake At&t and Verizon in Coverage

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Of course you don't quote any of these "anti-T-Mobile" posts even though I have over 15,000 posts on this board. You just state this unsubstantiated allegation.

I will admit that I thought Philipp Humm was a complete idiot and that he completely mismanaged T-Mobile USA. Apparently the board of Deutsche Telekom agreed with me as they got him out of the role and turned the company over to someone who built the company into the greatness that it has become.

T-Butler certainly does not need you to speak for him. I welcome his discussion on any of my past views if he wishes to air his thoughts. But I certainly doubt that he would take any issue with my criticism of Humm since I wanted what was best for T-Mobile.

Your post did prompt me to find out what ever became of Mr. Philipp. Imagine my shock when I found this in his Wikipedia entry:

"Humm is an Artist and Film director since 2015.

Philipp Humm’s transition from CEO to artist and ‘ironic-narrator’ of modern life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp_Humm

LOL. The guy couldn't make it in any level of the business world so he became a "film director"!

Actually that was not an accurate description of my position, as T-Mobile did indeed rescue it. My position was clear that Sprint was not going to turn things around on its own. My position also was that there was not going to be another company to come in and bail them out. Those that said, Google, Amazon, Comcast, and whoever else could take over Sprint and keep a fourth carrier alive, were shown that no other company had any serious intention of doing so.

Oh yes, Sprint had a treasure trove of BRS spectrum that was very unique to the industry. That spectrum will play an essential role in their 5G layer cake and provide great speeds and service to their customers.

Not surprising to see that the former AT&T business associate generalizes and trashes Sprint customers calling them "less than desirable" and "cheapskate customers". No facts. Just more name calling. You admittedly spent a lot of time peddling AT&T wares, so it's obvious where your loyalty lies. As the "mighty" AT&T falls from grace, I'm sure it's a hard pill to swallow.

Verizon is shutting down CDMA anyway. If those customers need coverage in those areas, they should switch to Verizon instead of expecting that T-Mobile will continue to pay for their coverage. I encourage them to switch just like I often encourage you to switch when you start whining about your terrible coverage. But you just can't stop yourself from paying T-Mobile every month...

How could they? How much of a PR disaster would that have been if they said they didn't want the merger because they were afraid to have a strong competitor? Oh boy! So since they couldn't be open, they sent their lobbyists to encourage many state attorney generals to stop the merger. But in the end, T-Mobile prevailed.

No corks are being popped as they see their worst nightmare of T-Mobile climbing the ranks and threatening their profit.
    Thank Jet and I agree with your view of the previous ceo. It was time for him to go. Legere coming in was the best thing to happen. T-Mobiles huge turnaround under his watch has traumatized the duopoly and their loyal fans. With T-Mobiles securing the second spot has certainly upset the att lovers. Eying the number one spot is certainly making the verizon lovers worried.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Thank Jet and I agree with your view of the previous ceo. It was time for him to go. Legere coming in was the best thing to happen. T-Mobiles huge turnaround under his watch has traumatized the duopoly and their loyal fans. With T-Mobiles securing the second spot has certainly upset the att lovers. Eying the number one spot is certainly making the verizon lovers worried.
    So far so good here in my market. Verizon’s speeds don’t keep me from sleeping at night. I’m still waiting for my home T-Mobile tower to become optimized. They just added 2.5 GHz three weeks ago and I have no signal in my house.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    LMAO. Well, I've checked a lot of the areas around me and T-Mobile's signal, speed, coverage hasn't changed in the last 6 months so no they aren't number #2. The information they are claiming is #2 perhaps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    LMAO. Well, I've checked a lot of the areas around me and T-Mobile's signal, speed, coverage hasn't changed in the last 6 months so no they aren't number #2. The information they are claiming is #2 perhaps.
    It's all a YMMV situation. I'm from Columbus, OH and AT&T still has several office buildings, grocery stores, entire neighborhoods, etc that speed/signal is absolutely atrocious.. but T-Mobile? GREAT PCS/AWS LTE with 100+Mbps speeds, "5G" is blanketed (still a joke as LTE was it's first few years), etc..

Verizon has most of the customers in that market so they're really strong too, and Sprint had a great network there as well.. but AT&T just never cared much about it outside of campus and the downtown core.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    It's all a YMMV situation. I'm from Columbus, OH and AT&T still has several office buildings, grocery stores, entire neighborhoods, etc that speed/signal is absolutely atrocious.. but T-Mobile? GREAT PCS/AWS LTE with 100+Mbps speeds, "5G" is blanketed (still a joke as LTE was it's first few years), etc..

Verizon has most of the customers in that market so they're really strong too, and Sprint had a great network there as well.. but AT&T just never cared much about it outside of campus and the downtown core.
    Definitely.
    I have even been to a couple cities where parts of said cities had *no* AT&T signal, but T-Mobile and Verizon signals were strong.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Your area does not represent T-Mobiles complete coverage. If they do not work for you then port out.

Feedback Score
    Your area does not represent T-Mobiles complete coverage. If they do not work for you then port out.
    So his area doesn’t count as US coverage ?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    So his area doesn’t count as US coverage ?
    Does not represent the us in general.

Feedback Score
    Typical att lover trying to dispel damage control because their carrier is now in third place.
    When I use a cellphone the number of subscribers the carrier has is never even thought of. What counts is do I have good, or at least usable, signal. T-Mo is dead last in signal coverage nationwide and can be expected to be so for several years at least.

T-Mo has come a long way and has a long way to go.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    When I use a cellphone the number of subscribers the carrier has is never even thought of. What counts is do I have good, or at least usable, signal. T-Mo is dead last in signal coverage nationwide and can be expected to be so for several years at least.

I mean, it all depends on where you use it. I have more issues out of AT&T around the Midwest than I do T-Mobile, but I mostly stay in the cities. Although for instance in Ohio.. I’ve had family that’s really rural swap to T-Mobile recently due to Verizon data congestion and it works fine for them, and they’re paying about 1/2 as much as they did to Verizon.

T-Mobile has done a complete 180 over the last year or so in many places, and it’s impressive all the organic growth they’ve done without buying another carrier or a taxpayer funded network to do it.. unlike Verizon and AT&T.

I do fully expect them to improve even moreso in the future, and am perfectly comfortable with my decision to totally shitcan AT&T this week after the 15th time of something being screwed up on my account thanks to shoddy reps and incompetent customer service. The network *has* gotten much better with the FirstNet additions, but not worth all the BS it comes with when other AT&T products like home ISP are involved - the customer service gets WORSE the more products you have with them?

I’m at a point, even if AT&T truly did have better coverage... they’re so dis-functional as a company, I’d not go back even if the service was free.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score

I can/do agree with most of this. Typically (in the past), most carriers typically considered themselves in position by subscriber count - paid / prepaid. This is how T-Mobile is justifying their position, with a caveat. They don't consider 'IoT' / devices (non-handsets) - or anything 'non-branded' consumer service as .. a customer.
    While in the handsets, its a narrow lead on branded service for T-Mobile, in general, considering that AT&T claims to have ~70 million IoT devices in use in addition to their subs, T-Mobile is not 2nd in anyone's books, outside their own.
    As far as coverage - I agree with you on this, as would most Americans that use service beyond their local community.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I mean, it all depends on where you use it. I have more issues out of AT&T around the Midwest than I do T-Mobile, but I mostly stay in the cities....
    In cities, sure T-Mo does as well or better than the others. As we have heard too many times, T-Mo is perfect in Florida.

My point was that they don't have the nationwide network that the Big-2 do. Using a cherry-picked, nebulous metric of subscriber numbers to claim they are #2 now means less than nothing about their #3 coverage. Improving to debateably #2 did nothing to make my Verizon and AT&T service worse.

I find a lot to admire what T-Mo has done to get where they are with what they had. I remember when T-Mo's coverage was worse than Sprint and DT was looking to sell them because they were not a good investment.

I do not worship any cell carrier or any other brands. I had to deal with AT&T and Verizon in business. They are both evil to the core.

I expect great things from T-Mo over a few years. If they become a better value for me I will use them. Right now I have Visible and use it like a toilet - beating it like a rented mule. I don't even bother turning on Wifi anymore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I can/do agree with most of this. Typically (in the past), most carriers typically considered themselves in position by subscriber count - paid / prepaid. This is how T-Mobile is justifying their position, with a caveat. They don't consider 'IoT' / devices (non-handsets) - or anything 'non-branded' consumer service as .. a customer.
    While in the handsets, its a narrow lead on branded service for T-Mobile, in general, considering that AT&T claims to have ~70 million IoT devices in use in addition to their subs, T-Mobile is not 2nd in anyone's books, outside their own.
    As far as coverage - I agree with you on this, as would most Americans that use service beyond their local community.
    #1, #2, #3 in some partial metric of subscriber count, whatever. Show Me The Money!

Second Quarter Net Income
    T-Mo - $110 million
    AT&T $1.2 BILLION
    I did not look up Verizon

I expect great things from T-Mo, but their #2, for now, is #2 of the brown variety.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    #1, #2, #3 in some partial metric of subscriber count, whatever. Show Me The Money!

Second Quarter Net Income
    T-Mo - $110 million
    AT&T $1.2 BILLION
    I did not look up Verizon

I expect great things from T-Mo, but their #2, for now, is #2 of the brown variety.
    AT&T though.. you cannot really count that.. as it’s from the 1000 subdivision companies they own (and are mediocre at running every single one of them, from a customer standpoint.) The company is way too bloated to do anything meaningful. They are essentially a jack of all trades, but master at none of them anymore.

AT&T Mobility does not generate that much revenue.. that’s mostly from the other segments.

Feedback Score
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...ites-live-year

Neville is pushing for 50,000 sites with 2.5 GHz in 2 1/2 years

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast