Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobiles speeds getting better and better

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobiles speeds getting better and better

And it’s only gonna get better with the 2.5 they are deploying. Big reds are phony because they are only near small cells. Their macros are painfully slow and congested.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/att-...-2020_id124113

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    *Posts an entire article praising AT&T* T-Mobile is doing better! Verizon’s results are fake!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    *Posts an entire article praising AT&T* T-Mobile is doing better! Verizon’s results are fake!

Listen you know he’s an engineer and his info is infallible . Cut em a break

Feedback Score
    I used to think T-Mobile would have caught up by now with how they pumped up the builds but that has yet to happen.

I think it's safe to say there's almost 0% chance T-Mobile surpasses or even catches att on coverage. Att is getting paid and has a contract to build out in spots that have zero coverage from any carrier currently. No other carrier will have that same incentive to build out where little to no people are. Firstnet calls for coverage in those out of the way spots

Tmobile will get better for sure but they won't match att

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    I used to think T-Mobile would have caught up by now with how they pumped up the builds but that has yet to happen.

I think it's safe to say there's almost 0% chance T-Mobile surpasses or even catches att on coverage. Att is getting paid and has a contract to build out in spots that have zero coverage from any carrier currently. No other carrier will have that same incentive to build out where little to no people are. Firstnet calls for coverage in those out of the way spots

Tmobile will get better for sure but they won't match att
    What are you worried about? Your beloved att being surpassed by T-Mobile. In two years time T-Mobiles 5G will be extensive enough that they will probably be on verizons doorstep and well passed att coverage wise. Firstnet will not save your beloved att.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I 'can' get better speeds in some areas on AT&T vs. T-Mobile... similarly, I can get better (or at least more consistent) speeds on T-Mobile over a large (urban/suburban) area.

Eg. In my area - AT&T has more spectrum deployed, and typically puts out ~200Mbps at every site, which is good. It does have more spectrum deployed, but not all spectrum is used at once. 20x20 B2 + 10x10 B12 + 10x10 B14 + 5x5 B4 + 10x10 B30 on AT&T.
    T-Mobile has 20x20 B4 + 10x10 B2 + 5x5 B12 + 15x15 B71.
    In my area, AT&T has fewer cell sites, and as a result, can get better speeds near the site, but typically poorer performance in many areas.
    T-Mobile on the other hand has more sites, most of which don't have full backhaul (limited to ~150Mbps for B4+B2+B12) .. coverage is better . This is region/area specific. When I hit the LA San Fernando Valley, it appears that AT&T also has B46 running.. and I hit +300Mbps... but similarly its hot/cold. T-Mobile in this area is also hot/cold.
    Rural areas... well.. T-Mobile does well where it has deployed, but there are many areas where it has only deployed for 'travel' vs. locals.

T-Mobile for me is a cost decision more than anything. It works for ~99% of where I need to, and I'm not willing to pay +40/month for AT&T/VZW for ...1%
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax/Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    I 'can' get better speeds in some areas on AT&T vs. T-Mobile... similarly, I can get better (or at least more consistent) speeds on T-Mobile over a large (urban/suburban) area.

Eg. In my area - AT&T has more spectrum deployed, and typically puts out ~200Mbps at every site, which is good. It does have more spectrum deployed, but not all spectrum is used at once. 20x20 B2 + 10x10 B12 + 10x10 B14 + 5x5 B4 + 10x10 B30 on AT&T.
    T-Mobile has 20x20 B4 + 10x10 B2 + 5x5 B12 + 15x15 B71.
    In my area, AT&T has fewer cell sites, and as a result, can get better speeds near the site, but typically poorer performance in many areas.
    T-Mobile on the other hand has more sites, most of which don't have full backhaul (limited to ~150Mbps for B4+B2+B12) .. coverage is better . This is region/area specific. When I hit the LA San Fernando Valley, it appears that AT&T also has B46 running.. and I hit +300Mbps... but similarly its hot/cold. T-Mobile in this area is also hot/cold.
    Rural areas... well.. T-Mobile does well where it has deployed, but there are many areas where it has only deployed for 'travel' vs. locals.

T-Mobile for me is a cost decision more than anything. It works for ~99% of where I need to, and I'm not willing to pay +40/month for AT&T/VZW for ...1%
    I just hope T-Mobile is smart enough to keep Sprint's B41 dense "light pole" network, that's the only thing making Sprint passable in many local areas and will catapult T-Mobile to be a real contender for speed as it will offload space on the current AWS/PCS bands, and it's dense enough if T-Mobile added PCS/AWS to those sites, there'd rarely be a reason for someone to drop to 600/700MHz anyway.
    Verizon: Grandfathered UDP
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT&T: Premium & More w/ Free 100Mbps VDSL2 "for life"
    Sprint: Premium Unlimited (for 100GB hotspot!)

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I just hope T-Mobile is smart enough to keep Sprint's B41 dense "light pole" network, that's the only thing making Sprint passable in many local areas and will catapult T-Mobile to be a real contender for speed as it will offload space on the current AWS/PCS bands, and it's dense enough if T-Mobile added PCS/AWS to those sites, there'd rarely be a reason for someone to drop to 600/700MHz anyway.
    So is that Sprint equipment on light pole considered small cell’s? Do they also broadcast all three Band 25, 26 and 41? Do they put Massive MINO on those light poles?

Have read that T-Mobile on their side of the network is going to use new Ericsson small cells that I am sure will have 5G capability. T-Mobile has new 5G Nokia and Ericsson tower equipment.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    And it’s only gonna get better with the 2.5 they are deploying. Big reds are phony because they are only near small cells. Their macros are painfully slow and congested.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/att-...-2020_id124113
    Painful I tell ya, painful!

This is a macro btw.Name:  Screenshot_20200501-142937_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  30.1 KB

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Painful I tell ya, painful!

This is a macro btw.Name:  Screenshot_20200501-142937_Speedtest.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  30.1 KB

CBRS ? How was the range on this site ?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Yep. I was probably two blocks away, still great signal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Yep. I was probably two blocks away, still great signal.

10mm is a valuable asset to this board. He’s found CBRS on high macro sites in Lansing Michigan. Sites you wouldn’t expect . I hope they do a wide scale deployment, now that T-Mobile is supercharged with spectrum.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone done SpeedTest on the 5G network yet?

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post

It is all leapfrog technology now with 5G. T-Mobile has more spectrum than AT&T and Verizon combined. T-Mobile has more towers now than either AT&T or Verizon granted not are all in the right space. mmWave is a Fixed antenna for WISP and Edge Computing but is almost worthless for Mobile phones. AT&T is so deep in debt that makes them the new Sprint with their fake 5Ge. Verizon desperately needs more sub-6MHZ Spectrum. Game on.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Right now CPRS is unlicensed & shared so everyone has the same access to that spectrum for free to get that speed. By the way what is the band for 3.5 GHz CBRS since I don’t think my S9 phone supports it. The licensed CBRS auction starts soon that was scheduled to stat in June. Let’s see if T-Mobile can win the bids in the licensed CBRS spectrum in June or at least bankrupt AT&T by bidding up the cost to make their massive debt AT&T has bleed out faster. Looking forward to all the cord cutters in the next AT&T stock report in July.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast