Thread: new iPhone SE2 on Verizon prepaid?

Feedback Score

new iPhone SE2 on Verizon prepaid?

I currently have an iPhone SE on Verizon prepaid. I was thinking about buying a new SE2 (2020 SE) from Apple at regular cost (unlocked).
    I assume it will work on Verizon prepaid?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknight View Post
    I currently have an iPhone SE on Verizon prepaid. I was thinking about buying a new SE2 (2020 SE) from Apple at regular cost (unlocked).
    It should. I bought an unlocked iPhone XR straight from Apple, put the SIM card in, and have been good to go since then.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Working fine for me. I pre-ordered and activated online last Friday. Great phone. I predict it will be the top selling phone this year in the US. Device is more expensive overseas.

Note: Phone is thin and slippery in the hand. Plan on getting a case for it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I've ordered my phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    SIM free model safest. Just move your SIM.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Carrier(s)
    Boom!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    SIM free model safest. Just move your SIM.
    That’s exactly what I did. Works great.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    So I did this too, and now the website is complaining...

a Verizon prepaid line, previously had a Samsung S5 on it. Bought a new iPhone SE 2020 (sim free, unlocked). Put in the sim from the Samsung... seems to work fine.

but now going on the VZW website: 1) it now sees that the line has a iPhone SE 2020 on it, 2) complains that it is "unpaired".

click on PAIR: enter MEID and ICCID, website complains the sim is "incompatible", must go get a new sim.

What's up with this? Does VZW just want activation $$$? Can we continue to use as is?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    So I did this too, and now the website is complaining...

a Verizon prepaid line, previously had a Samsung S5 on it. Bought a new iPhone SE 2020 (sim free, unlocked). Put in the sim from the Samsung... seems to work fine.
    I believe it’s because you went from Android to iOS. The provisioning is different.

Feedback Score
    My move from iPhone 6 to SE2020 , was a non issue, I did not enter any info on Verizon site, just moved sim
    logging onto Verizon site it shows new phone. Last time I looked there was no picture of phone and some verbiage saying they are working on it, but I don't care about that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was listening on the radio today and one of the prepaid/MVNO companies was advertising the iPhone SE 2020 for $99.00 after rebates and 6 months of active service. Afraid I am not sure which company. Should be no trouble activating and using your same phone #. Modern iPhones are pretty universal for US carriers in this day and age. I have not heard of any specific restrictions with all current models with any carrier.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I was listening on the radio today and one of the prepaid/MVNO companies was advertising the iPhone SE 2020 for $99.00 after rebates and 6 months of active service. Afraid I am not sure which company.
    https://www.metrobyt-mobile.com/apple-iphone-deals

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mightynimbus View Post
    My move from iPhone 6 to SE2020 , was a non issue, I did not enter any info on Verizon site, just moved sim
    logging onto Verizon site it shows new phone. Last time I looked there was no picture of phone and some verbiage saying they are working on it, but I don't care about that.
    Yes, Verizon can detect which SIM is working with which phone without having to inform them. Does it show the new phone's IMEI associated with the phone number in your account? Does it show the IMEI of the old phone as deactivated?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Does it show the new phone's IMEI associated with the phone number in your account.
    The system automatically detects the IMEI/MEID of the phone currently being used anytime the phone connects to the network and identifies the make/model of the phone. When I was a CS rep for another carrier, I used to surprise customer after they had swapped phones and had a new hardware question.

For instance, a customer calls and says they have a problem with data on their Samsung (no particular model) and I could see in the billing system they were using an iPhone. I might tell them that since you switched phones, I just need to update the current data feature on your plan (usually at no additional cost) or maybe they had an iPhone and had removed the required data plan that At&t used to enforce on all iPhones strictly (don't know if they still do).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    The system automatically detects the IMEI/MEID of the phone currently being used anytime the phone connects to the network and identifies the make/model of the phone.
    The automatic system matching of the SIM and IMEI does not happen with all on the Verizon network. Example: Page Plus has for some time, but Tracfone does not. If you do a SIM swap on Tracfone, the IMEI is still tied to the donor phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I won't argue semantics about the process, but the billing system determines what device is in use anytime the phone/device connects to the cellular network as the device does broadcast the IMEI and SIM #. Whether or how any device restrictions are enforced is carrier specific. This is the method a carrier identifies and blocks reported lost/stolen phones from being used.

As to the OP's original question, this won't be a problem to be concerned with.