Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto G6 32gb refurb for $39

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    It does about 8 security updates, one right after the other. The Pie update came in the middle of all those updates.
    What triggers the updates? Can it just be turned on with WiFi?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I did all of the updates on wifi before I activated the phone.
    Great phone, no I problems. I've had mine for about 6 months.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Not sure what triggers the updates other than the notification for the first one shows up fairly quickly after wi-fi is set up/connected and turned on.

It has one-button navigation like the E4, but its operation is smoother. It's in the moto app >features>moto actions>one button nav
    before activating it you can try a demo of it.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Time to get tempted! You would never regret this purchase. If you saw it you would never let go of it.
    The glass has a deep rich blue tint to it (blue temptation)... and it responds as fast as you can tap it.
    What would Sweeper advise?
    Sweeper has told me that it's a good one.

I'm a little short on money at the moment so I'm going to try to resist temptation again.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    I have an unlocked Moto G6 that I picked up during a Black Friday sale. It is a great phone. $39 is a super price. I am running Android 9 on it and no problems.

Feedback Score
    Go to Settings and check for updates.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Sweeper has told me that it's a good one.

I'm a little short on money at the moment so I'm going to try to resist temptation again.

I'll see if I can help you resist.

I bought the generic carrier unbranded model a year and a half ago for $190. It has been a perfectly adequate phone for daily carry, but overall meh, nothing exciting about it.

The screen is ok, but nothing about it makes me think wow that's great, look at the vibrant colors.

The back is smooth glass and extremely slippery. I dared not use it until I got a case. The glass back also makes the phone heavy.

The camera is ok - just ok. It's better than the notoriously mediocre Phoenix 2, but not as good as the Galaxy S4 I had used previously. The only included gallery app is Google Photos which I don't like.

The generic carrier unbranded model does not have LTE band 71 for T-Mobile. I don't know about the TF branded model.

I also have the Moto E5 from the HSN $30 deal. The G6 is very similar for look and feel user experience. The G6 is not much of a perceptible speed upgrade over the E5.

It's a nice phone for $40, but if I already had the E5, I would not have bothered with the G6.

I will run mine until the battery degrades then see what is next.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone companies branded model... GSM - B2, B3, B5, B8; CDMA - BC0, BC1, BC10; UTMS - B1, B2, B4, B5, B8; LTE - B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12 ,B13, B17, B20, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B38, B41, B66

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It's a nice phone for $40, but if I already had the E5, I would not have bothered with the G6.
    I have too many phones already, so I'm staying out. Right now, I'm doing deals on Sprint, T-mo, and AT&T to make some money. I currently have these phones in use (10 phones, 14 numbers):

* TF/AT&T: LG Q6
    * TF/Verizon: Moto E5
    * FreeUp/AT&T: ZTE A7 Prime
    * AT&T and T-mo (switching SIMs): LG G6, LG Phoenix 2, LG G3, Lumia 640XL.
    * Sprint: Moto E6, LG Tribute Empire, LG Stylo 4+

I still have a couple of low-end Tracfones not in use.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    How do you keep track of the charge on all those phones?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    How do you keep track of the charge on all those phones?
    I keep only one phone on each carrier turned ON, the others are turned off. Now and then, I turn them on and use them to call each other to show some usage.
    Last edited by hpham; 05-13-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I'll see if I can help you resist.

I bought the generic carrier unbranded model a year and a half ago for $190. It has been a perfectly adequate phone for daily carry, but overall meh, nothing exciting about it.

The screen is ok, but nothing about it makes me think wow that's great, look at the vibrant colors.

The back is smooth glass and extremely slippery. I dared not use it until I got a case. The glass back also makes the phone heavy.

The camera is ok - just ok. It's better than the notoriously mediocre Phoenix 2, but not as good as the Galaxy S4 I had used previously. The only included gallery app is Google Photos which I don't like.

The generic carrier unbranded model does not have LTE band 71 for T-Mobile. I don't know about the TF branded model.

I also have the Moto E5 from the HSN $30 deal. The G6 is very similar for look and feel user experience. The G6 is not much of a perceptible speed upgrade over the E5.

I will run mine until the battery degrades then see what is next.
    Yeah that glass back is a real deal killer for me.

Had a friend who had a high end phone a few years ago and it fell out of her jacket pocket and shattered.
    It had the swanky glass back and looked fabulous.

I don't remember what phone it was.

I really like my Moto e5 and in the glitter gradient purple TPU case that I have it in, it looks really nice.

Yeah I'm a girl and I like purple glitter.

I already have a few phones that want to use that are unlocked and just waiting for me to put some nano SIMs in and fire them up.

Last edited by SnowyWhite; 05-13-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have too many phones already, so I'm staying out. Right now, I'm doing deals on Sprint, T-mo, and AT&T to make some money. I currently have these phones in use (10 phones, 14 numbers):

* TF/AT&T: LG Q6
    * TF/Verizon: Moto E5
    * FreeUp/AT&T: ZTE A7 Prime
    * AT&T and T-mo (switching SIMs): LG G6, LG Phoenix 2, LG G3, Lumia 640XL.
    * Sprint: Moto E6, LG Tribute Empire, LG Stylo 4+

I still have a couple of low-end Tracfones not in use.
    Haha, yeah, I have too many phones and cellular devices.

11 smartphones - these are a combination of retired previous generations, leftovers from Ringplus, cheap AT&T Prepaid models I bought to put Freedompop free service on, and three that I actively use. I use a Phoenix 2 around the house as a micro-tablet. It is also the host to my Truphone SIM. I carry a Moto G6 when I go out. I got one of those $30 HSN Moto E5s. That gets used for GPS in the car when I need it.

3 inactive Tracfone feature phones. I use one as a MP3 player. I keep it loaded with podcasts for power outages. It runs for a long time that a smartphone wouldn't and the speaker volume is enough that I don't have to use earbuds.

1 tablet - I hardly use it except for travel when I don't need to lug a notebook. It has 200 MB a month of Freedompop free service.

3 hotspots

1 Straight Talk Homephone cellular ATA

1 Audiovox AMPS cellphone. This was my first cellphone from ~1992. Of course it is just a paperweight at this point.

One of the hotspots is my only monthly bill - ~$25. I can't cancel it and get the unlimited plan back. The two active Tracfones are refilled when necessary. That doesn't amount to much.

I have weekly and monthly Keep notes for what I need to do to keep the active ones active and all charged. Normally only two smartphones and the ATA are powered on. The rest I check and charge monthly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Yeah that glass back is a real deal killer for me.

Had a friend who had a high end phone a few years ago and it fell out of her jacket pocket and shattered.
    I don't remember what phone it was.

It looked fabulous but nah I'm not going to risk it.

I really like my Moto e5 and in the glitter gradient purple TPU case that I have it in, it looks really nice.

Yeah I'm a girl and I like purple glitter.

I already have a few phones that want to use that are unlocked and just waiting for me to put some nano SIMs in and fire them up.

Glad I was able to help.

I wanted one of the paisley cases for my HSN E5, but they were out of stock. I settled for a glitter gold one that looks nice.

Real glitter does not come in my house. You can never get rid of it. I open Christmas cards outside. Any with glitter go straight in the trash.

I like purple too, but that is SWMBO's color. I go with something else to reduce confusion, generally fluorescent green.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast