Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto G6 32gb refurb for $39

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    I will probably go case-less (naked??). Tried all different cases for my Moto G5 Plus until I realized that I prefer no case with that phone.

Amazon is taking forever to ship non-essentials these days! (Forever = 1-2weeks )
    I had read that Amazon was only shipping "essentials" but that now they're easing back and beginning to ship other things. I was wondering if anyone was having trouble (long waits) for things like cellphones or accessories.

I have gone caseless with my phones since day one, with the exception of pouches for carrying them on my belt or to protect them. With the g6 having a glass back I decided maybe I'd better get a case for it.

I miss the old flips that had holes for lanyard attachment. In fact my first TF came with a lanyard in the pack. Not sure why the new flips don't have lanyard slots.

I don't like covering the smartphones with a case but I decided there's always a first time for dropping them, besides wanting to protect them from other things. I did drop a flip once and it shocked it, but was able to get it working again. I wouldn't want to drop the g6. Not even if I paid $35 and it's a refurb.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    I miss the old flips that had holes for lanyard attachment. In fact my first TF came with a lanyard in the pack. Not sure why the new flips don't have lanyard slots.
    My wife likes to have a lanyard on her phone, so she can hang it on a fence post when she's outside working in the garden. I made one for her by drilling a hole on the plastic cover/case, push the lanyard through, hook a short U-shaped section cut from a paperclip through the loop so it can't back out, then tape it over with Gorilla tape. I did it for her old flip phone, then did the same thing with her Fiesta 2. Works great.

Name:  Phone-Lanyard-1b.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  Phone-Lanyard-2b.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  46.5 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The $50 GC offer stipulates that the phone must cost $49 or more. So the phone on Amazon doesn't qualify. The G6 phone on Ebay is around $65 with taxes, plus $15 for a time card plus taxes. So you spend around $80 and get $50 back. Still a good deal though.
    They updated the Amazon listing and removed any mention of the gift card now. Still says 16GB storage, but nowhere can I find anyone who reviewed a 16GB model. Specs say 32GB or 64GB depending ...

I'll update when I get my phone.

Feedback Score
    Got mine today as well. White box with OEM charger, cable, SIM card removal tool and various paperwork. Phone was in a bubble wrap bag and looked new. One issue with mine though, no SIM included. The red activation card includes a SIM number. I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. I'm guessing I can chat with Tracfone, let them know I bought a new Tracfone branded device but it didn't come with the SIM and I would like to have them associate a new SIM with the phone. I have several unused BYOD Verizon SIMs. Would that work? Should I mention that it is a refurbished item or won't that matter? Anything else I should or shouldn't say? Dealing with Tracfone is always a bit of a crap shoot. Also, does Pie have a native battery health check or do I have to download an app to check it? If I need an app, any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davegar View Post
    Got mine today as well. White box with OEM charger, cable, SIM card removal tool and various paperwork. Phone was in a bubble wrap bag and looked new. One issue with mine though, no SIM included. The red activation card includes a SIM number. I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning it. I'm guessing I can chat with Tracfone, let them know I bought a new Tracfone branded device but it didn't come with the SIM and I would like to have them associate a new SIM with the phone. I have several unused BYOD Verizon SIMs. Would that work? Should I mention that it is a refurbished item or won't that matter? Anything else I should or shouldn't say? Dealing with Tracfone is always a bit of a crap shoot. Also, does Pie have a native battery health check or do I have to download an app to check it? If I need an app, any recommendations?
    AccuBattery was recommended to me by someone else in the forum. You can find it in Google Play.

That's crazy it didn't come with a SIM. Hope you get it worked out and don't have to send it back.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    My wife likes to have a lanyard on her phone, so she can hang it on a fence post when she's outside working in the garden. I made one for her by drilling a hole on the plastic cover/case, push the lanyard through, hook a short U-shaped section cut from a paperclip through the loop so it can't back out, then tape it over with Gorilla tape. I did it for her old flip phone, then did the same thing with her Fiesta 2. Works great.

Name:  Phone-Lanyard-1b.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  Phone-Lanyard-2b.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  46.5 KB
    That was a good idea about the lanyard. As long as the back holds well and won't pop off!

I saw a lanyard for smartphones listed somewhere when I was shopping cases and it had straps criss crossing the corners of the screen attached to a lanyard strap. So kits do exist but free is sometimes best!

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Got mine today as well. White box with OEM charger, cable, SIM card removal tool and various paperwork. ...
    Did you get it from Walmart or Amazon?

I have AccuBattery running on my Moto G5 Plus. It's running Android 8.1. Some newer systems complain that it does too much in the background.

Feedback Score
    Did you get it from Walmart or Amazon?

I have AccuBattery running on my Moto G5 Plus. It's running Android 8.1. Some newer systems complain that it does too much in the background.
    Got it from Amazon. Hope to get the lack of a SIM sorted out to replace my Moto G5 Plus. Has been a good phone, but the G6 has more memory and a newer version of Android.

Device(s)
    LG V20,Google Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone-since 2005
    Feedback Score

Is Amazon using the China Virus to save shipping costs?

I will probably go case-less (naked??). Tried all different cases for my Moto G5 Plus until I realized that I prefer no case with that phone.

Amazon is taking forever to ship non-essentials these days! (Forever = 1-2weeks &#129322
    Wondering if my title has any merit? I'm forming an opinion that some businesses are using this virus as a way to cut costs. I'm stuck in in an RV park in Yuma and they have shut down all 3 pools, any personal services, everything and using Covo as an excuse.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tlippy View Post
    Wondering if my title has any merit? I'm forming an opinion that some businesses are using this virus as a way to cut costs.
    The virus situation does have an effect on how fast you'll get your order: fewer workers at the warehouse to package/ship items, fewer truck drivers to transport by ground, fewer delivery drivers, etc.

As far as cutting costs, if a business's income is reduced (people spending less money due to being laid off), it's only smart for them to cut costs where they can.

Feedback Score
    The virus situation does have an effect on how fast you'll get your order: fewer workers at the warehouse to package/ship items, fewer truck drivers to transport by ground, fewer delivery drivers, etc.

As far as cutting costs, if a business's income is reduced (people spending less money due to being laid off), it's only smart for them to cut costs where they can.
    What I've read is Amazon actually has *more* workers. They hired something like 100,000 more people. It's just that they are deluged with orders.

Update: my order is now "out for delivery" today! That's a week earlier than promised.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I live in a tiny town (~5000 pop.) in southwest Michigan, but not far (~11 mi.) from a relatively new Amazon shipping facility (huge place) in South Bend, IN.

Since coronavirus hit, I have seen a noticeable increase of Amazon vehicles driving around where I frequent (both Amazon dark-blue lettered vans as well as likely contractors in plain white ones). One neighbor across the street (household of maybe eight people) seems to now have deliveries twice or more times per week!

Never noticed the vehicles previous to this time.

Feedback Score

hpham

You seem like one of the more knowledgeable people on the site. Any ideas how I should address my issue posted above (G6 refurb from Amazon shipped with a SIM number on the red activation card, but SIM is not in the phone or package). I have a number of unused Tracfone SIM kits but have read various opinions of whether Tracfone would assign one of these BYOP SIMs to the phone. If they won't do this, do you think they would assign a new SIM to the phone over chat and ship one to me? I'm trying to avoid returning the phone to Amazon.

It seems there is a thread on here somewhere dealing with this question, but I couldn't find it.

TIA.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, my G6 came from Amazon today. It has the SIM and IMEI numbers on a card in the box and the SIM card installed in the SIM tray.

I'll will first check if it works with an already active TF AT&T BYOP SIM.

Even if it works I might switch to the installed SIM. It would be my only TF device. Can get those special offers!

Feedback Score
    hpham

You seem like one of the more knowledgeable people on the site. Any ideas how I should address my issue posted above (G6 refurb from Amazon shipped with a SIM number on the red activation card, but SIM is not in the phone or package). I have a number of unused Tracfone SIM kits but have read various opinions of whether Tracfone would assign one of these BYOP SIMs to the phone. If they won't do this, do you think they would assign a new SIM to the phone over chat and ship one to me? I'm trying to avoid returning the phone to Amazon.

It seems there is a thread on here somewhere dealing with this question, but I couldn't find it.

TIA.
    I believe you can just tell Chat the situation and see what they say. It should be similar to someone misplacing the SIM and needing a replacement. Nothing bad will happen to you.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast