Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going through my old phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Going through my old phones.

Flippers: Two Samsung Gusto 3's, a Nokia 3587i, a Virgin Mobile Kyrocera S2100, and a couple of Tracfone ZTE V233VL's (one still new in box)

Smartphones: LG Volt (Sprint prepaid), Moto E 2nd generation (Verizon prepaid, unlocked, works on TMobile towers), Microsoft Lumia 640 (XL?, AT&T prepaid, unlocked), iPhone 6 (iCloud locked).

I guess I should just recycle the 3G Verizon flippers and the old Nokia? The ZTE V233L's suck- my elderly mom would have trouble using them versus the Alcatel MyFlip she lost a couple or so months back and hasn't turned up yet .

The smartphones? The iPhone 6 would be just for parts I guess. I'm on T-Mobile postpaid, so I guess the Lumia 640 and te Moto E2 would just be backups? I might repurpose the LG Volt or the Lumia as music players, unless there's a better use for them?

Currenly using an unlocked at&t prepaid ZTE flip on my 3 months of free Mint as the backup to my home VOIP line.

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket 500/500/500 plan at $10/mo
    Feedback Score
    You should win some kind of award. I thought I was a cellphone hoarder with five old phones (two flippers, one iPhone SE, a Moto G4 and a Tracfone LGL16C) in my collection that I keep in a shoe box. The rest I have been selling on eBay for whatever I can get just to get rid of them. People are still buying 3G phones and I make it clear in the item description that it is 3G, probably can't be activated and will soon be completely obsolete. I don't want any disgruntled buyers to give me negative feedback when they can't activate them. Nevertheless buyers are still paying a buck or two, sometimes more, for old phones.

I'm not sure what you mean by iCloud locked on the iPhone. Can't you sign out of iCloud and the iTunes and App Store and Find my iPhone? This is what you should do before you sell it. Or did it belong to somebody else and you don't know the Apple ID?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Oh my.

Cell phone hoarding.

That's something I know a little bit about.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    SnowyWhite,

I'm right there with you........I have a old style hard side briefcase that is full: a variety of Nokia and Microsoft windows phones; half a dozen or more of Samsung Rugby 2, 3 and 4 phones; some Blackberrys'; odd collection of android Motorola phones; other phones.............

Eric

Feedback Score
    wonder how many rooms of phones the sweeper has now?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The LG Volt should be usable on Sprint MVNOs like Tello, Ting, Hello Mobile, etc. I used an LG Volt for a while last summer on Tello, and really did enjoy it-- battery life is great.
    If I remember, the Volt can also be used as a TV remote control.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    The LG Volt should be usable on Sprint MVNOs like Tello, Ting, Hello Mobile, etc. I used an LG Volt for a while last summer on Tello, and really did enjoy it-- battery life is great.
    I used to love that function of LG phones. I had a G2 and would change the channel in restaurants on the DIRECTV receivers.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    I am never giving up my Moto StarTac 7860, or the Timeport, along with my v3m.

Sadly they are all Verizon, so no longer usable, but I did find a very nice V3X on the Bay last year that sits on FreeUpMobile...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    Cool! I sorta remember it having that feature. That makes it a keeper!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I guess I'll just recycle the Gusto 3's and the Nokia 3587i if they can't be used on the Verizon network.

Last night I tossed a few old Microcenter bags of old packaging from tech gadgets I bought 2+ years ago. I even came across the receipt from a 120GB EIDE drive I got back in 2003 and a receipt my first desktop computer build from 2003 also lol.

Now onto the dozens of floppy disks in my bedroom. I still have a 3.5" floppy drive that may offer some hope to see if any have anything worth keeping. Dunno about the 5.25's though... But... that's a topic for another thread.

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    No rooms of phones. I do still have plenty, but down from my peak a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdogg32901 View Post
    wonder how many rooms of phones the sweeper has now?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using Tapatalk
    Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I used to love that function of LG phones. I had a G2 and would change the channel in restaurants on the DIRECTV receivers.
    Interesting.
    I have a number of LG phones and I have an LG TV.
    I'll have to look into this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Interesting.
    I have a number of LG phones and I have an LG TV.
    I'll have to look into this.
    My LG GPad8 has it. The app is called Quick Remote. It works, but the IR emitter has a much narrower angle than a regular remote. The list of TVs and set top boxes is very limited to mostly major brands, but LG is in there. The functions supported are mostly just the basics.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Some of the old Casio watches also had remote function. Some of the mischievous youths would turn up the volume on display model TV's in department stores.

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My LG GPad8 has it. The app is called Quick Remote. It works, but the IR emitter has a much narrower angle than a regular remote. The list of TVs and set top boxes is very limited to mostly major brands, but LG is in there. The functions supported are mostly just the basics.
    My LG TV has the LG Magic Remote.

It does a lot of different functions.

Only thing that I find irritating about using it is that I am very left handed and it is geared to right handed people.

The cursor action is definitely right hand oriented.

I suppose that using one of my LG phones would only have simple functions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast