Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How many sprint sites

Feedback Score

How many sprint sites

Has tmobile mentioned how many sprint sites they plan to use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Has tmobile mentioned how many sprint sites they plan to use?
    10,000 or so which is good cause I recently remembered that att and vzw are getting in together on new sites that they build

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There are several I could name that they really need to keep:
    Venice, LA
    Stennis Space Center, MS
    Northern Diamondhead, MS
    Standard, MS
    Mt. Oglethorpe, GA
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    There are several I could name that they really need to keep:
    Venice, LA
    Stennis Space Center, MS
    Northern Diamondhead, MS
    Standard, MS
    Mt. Oglethorpe, GA
    I live in Minnesota and I hope they usevthe sprint site that is on the roof of the building at my work,cause TMO loses signal inside or drops to Edge. I also hope they use the Sprint site by my house as the current network is slow. 2-3 Mbps on average

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No one knows that except T-Mobile. The only mention of towers was a long time ago that said they would have about 110,000 towers after the merger. They planed on reducing that down to 85,000 towers that is more that either AT&T or Verizon. Plus add additional 50,000 small cells.

However after that plan Dish agreed to buy Boost and take over the lease from some towers. Almost every tower is leased not owned. If T-Mobile and Sprint had leases on equipment on towers in the same area they would look at the individual lease to see which one they should keep and which lease they let expire. However since DIsh agreed to take some leases it will save T-Mobile a lot of money.

This was the tower plan before Dish decided to buy Boost. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...nding-networks

T-Mobile and Sprint today operate a total of 110,000 towers. If the merger is approved, the companies plan to shutter 35,000 towers and build 10,000 new towers, resulting in the end ownership of a total of 85,000 towers. Concurrently, the companies said they would increase the number of small cells they operate from a combined 10,000 today to a combined 50,000 over the coming years if the transaction is approved.“

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If they do similar to what they did when they bought metroPCS, they'll keep a site if it's over 1/2 mile distance from an existing site (in cities, at least).

They claim they're shutting down 35,000 sites but will also build 10,000 new sites.
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    If they do similar to what they did when they bought metroPCS, they'll keep a site if it's over 1/2 mile distance from an existing site (in cities, at least).

They claim they're shutting down 35,000 sites but will also build 10,000 new sites.
    Correct I forgot about that building 10K more towers in the plan. However that plan was before Dish agreed to buy the lease on the towers that gives T-Mobil another $5 billion for the upgrade. In fact Dish taking over leases saves T-Mobile the cost of wasting money on tower leases they are going to let expire and the cost of removing the equipment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    No one knows that except T-Mobile. The only mention of towers was a long time ago that said they would have about 110,000 towers after the merger. They planed on reducing that down to 85,000 towers that is more that either AT&T or Verizon. Plus add additional 50,000 small cells.

However after that plan Dish agreed to buy Boost and take over the lease from some towers. Almost every tower is leased not owned. If T-Mobile and Sprint had leases on equipment on towers in the same area they would look at the individual lease to see which one they should keep and which lease they let expire. However since DIsh agreed to take some leases it will save T-Mobile a lot of money.
    Having 110,00 towers would be awesome

Feedback Score
    Correct I forgot about that building 10K more towers in the plan. However that plan was before Dish agreed to buy the lease on the towers.
    Which means TMO doesn't have to worry about shutting down the ones they will not use and let dish worrie about them

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Which means TMO doesn't have to worry about shutting down the ones they will not use and let dish worrie about them
    Correct now Dish gets the tower leases that T-Mobile doesn’t want. The extra 50,000 small cells is going to really help speed. T-Mobile biggest issue isn’t towers now it is customers that have obsolete phones. T-Mobile is going to hit the Major cities hard with 5G with B41 and force their competitors to spend money to save market share. 5G is the only chance that T-Mobile can take to gain major market shares of metro cities. It will be very expensive for AT&T and Verizon to build out mmWave in every top 125 cities in the nation. Even if they do T-Mobiles 5G solution works inside some building at 500 Mbps or faster with Stand Alone 5G it will be faster.

Feedback Score
    Correct now Dish gets the tower leases that T-Mobile doesn’t want. The extra 50,000 small cells is going to really help speed. T-Mobile biggest issue isn’t towers now it is customers that have obsolete phones. T-Mobile is going to hit the Major cities hard with 5G with B41 and force their competitors to spend money to save market share. 5G is the only chance that T-Mobile can take to gain major market shares of metro cities. It will be very expensive for AT&T and Verizon to build out mmWave in every top 125 cities in the nation. Even if they do T-Mobiles 5G solution works inside some building at 500 Mbps or faster with Stand Alone 5G it will be faster.
    Att and vzw will use more than Mmwave. Vzw will be doing DSS and doing n5 and n13 this July plus they will be going CBRS. Att can use B30 and will do DSS also doing n12

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Which means TMO doesn't have to worry about shutting down the ones they will not use and let dish worrie about them.....
    While I don't know exactly what's in the Dish/T-Mobile agreement, I don't think Dish agreed to take which ever sites T-Mobile didn't want. Rather, Dish would be offered site leases that were surplus to T-Mobile's requirements. Any that Dish takes will be a win/win because Dish won't have to negotiate a new lease and T-Mobile won't have to pay the tower company a penalty for breaking the lease.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Att and vzw will use more than Mmwave. Vzw will be doing DSS and doing n5 and n13 this July plus they will be going CBRS. Att can use B30 and will do DSS also doing n12
    T-Mobile will deploy Stand Alone 5G around September. T-Mobile has enough unused greenfield B41 to add it to the T-Mobile side like they did in Philadelphia and working on NYC now. DSS will help T-Mobile in non-Metro areas where B41 doesn’t have the distance to provide LTE and 5G to customers. DSS has a overhead loss in spectrum since it loses efficiency switching between LTE and 5G on the same physical block that T-Mobiles doesn’t need in the metro cities with non-DSS since they have excess unused B41 spectrum. DSS will save T-Mobil billion of dollars in re-farming spectrum.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Big deal T-Mobile will use multiple bands and T-Mobile has more Sub-3GHz spectrum than both AT&T and Verizon combined. Verizon doesn’t have the low band even with DSS to out perform T-Mobile with 5G unless they can change the physics of mmWave short distance and inability to penetrate just about anything including human skin. Verizon even with DSS is not going to be much faster than T-Mobiles low band 5G today they make jokes about. AT&T has a lot more low band spectrum than Verizon but they have nothing that comes close to Band 41 bandwidth today.

The CBRS Auction in June will help who ever wins the bid but AT&T is so deep in debt they are selling off 1.2 Million customers and their network In Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands. Even if T-Mobile does win any of the CBRS 3.5GHz spectrum they can bid till AT&T bleeds out and spends way too much. Then in December the C-Band Auction (6 MHz) that is the one Verizon CEO confirms he wants will be another bidding war. T-Mobile can now match any bid that Verizon or AT&T can make after this merger.

Device(s)
    iPhone (Silver) Xs Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    (Dual Sim) T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!! Xfinity Mobile (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    For whatever reason I feel in my gut, T-Mobile is going to offer some sort of massive deal for the new iPhone.

It would help out tremendously with getting customers to switch and is the only way I can make sense of them splitting b71 with LTE and reserving b41 exclusively for 5Gnr. It's the only thing that makes sense.

Why make all that capacity and layer cake things up, if only the 5G Ultra can take advantage of it. Here's hoping to a KILLER iPhone promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast