Thread: Repeated texts and missed phone calls?

Feedback Score

Repeated texts and missed phone calls?

I have a Google Pixel 4, am on Koodo, and live in Vancouver. Stock android. Stock apps.

Lately I've noticed two distinct, but possibly related issues:

- I am missing phone calls - from friends, buzzer (delivery driver), etc. The phone just doesn't ring. No missed call. They end up going right to voicemail. My phone is generally in the exact same spot all day - especially during this pandemic. I can be in the same spot having a clear (both ways) conversation with someone. I've never had an issue making an outgoing call where it just doesn't connect or anything. This is very frustrating for missing deliveries, but also potentially missing other calls without any knowledge of what I'm actually missing.
    - I am sometimes getting messages from people multiple times. But it's random, seems to most often be duplicated but sometimes 3-6 times. I could have someone send me two messages back-to-back, and only one gets replicated. Apparently some I send may also be getting replicated, but I'm not sure of the frequency.

Any ideas or advice?

Feedback Score
    Sounds like an issue with Telus/Koodo. I think Koodo supports wifi calling on the Pixel 4, if that's the case you could try disabling it.

Feedback Score
    I don't have any issues with texting, but I have a somewhat similar issue with voice calls on my Pixel 3 on Bell in Toronto. I believe the issue is with the phone. When I put my SIM in any other phone, it's fine. My Pixel 3 does not ring for the first ring, but does so starting from the second ring.

If someone calls me and hangs up during the first ring, I have no indication of a missed call. This effectively reduces the amount of time I have to pick up the phone during incoming calls by 5 seconds, before eventually going to VM.

I have noticed the behaviour applies to VoLTE, UMTS and Wi-Fi calling. It's not a network problem. I've tried different software versions of the dialer app, and nothing seems to help.

Google support collected some detailed phone logs, but recently they've stopped responding.

My only advice is to try your SIM in another phone to isolate the issue.
    Last edited by sheytoon; 05-03-2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, POSH Micro X S240
    Carrier(s)
    PC Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What version of Android OS are you folks using in your Pixels? I've stayed with Android 9 on my Pixel 3 for other reasons, but if there is a glitch that came in with Android 10, maybe I should stay on 9.

Feedback Score
    I'm on the latest Android 10. Build QQ2A.200405.005.