Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Freedompop down for anyone?

Feedback Score
    The end of the Freedompop fairy tale?

New post made since my edits don't seem to mark the topic as updated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular, FreeUP Mobile, FreedomPop; Formerly Truphone, Google Fi, T-Mo Prepaid Gold Reward
    Feedback Score
    My FP voip line shows the same you-haven’t-signed-up-yet message. However my data only sim looks fine and continues to work.
    Trying to come up with some sort of signature line...

Feedback Score
    I have had no phone # on any of my 8 free FP AT&T LTE SIMs for a very long time, and NEVER used the phone #s when they were still attached to the SIMs.

I checked today, and all of my free FP SIMs needed to be "woken up", which was correct, since they haven't been used for more than a month.

My annual prepaid FP AT&T LTE SIM is working normally.

Feedback Score
    Apparently my account was deactivated a week or so ago, so I logged in to my FP account where a notice said something like "We detected unusual activity and deactivated your account, click here to reactivate". So I reactivated, restarted my phone, and my FP data is working again. However, I used to have two SIMs in my account and now only one is listed, so they apparently removed my other SIM when they deactivated my current SIM.

Feedback Score
    Obviously, FP isn't even being consistent in what they're doing.

For my 8 free FP AT&T LTE SIMs, I have 5 accounts, 3 with 2 SIMs each, and 2 with 1 SIM each. As of late yesterday, they were all still there and able to be "woken up" or "reactivated".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Obviously, FP isn't even being consistent in what they're doing.

For my 8 free FP AT&T LTE SIMs, I have 5 accounts, 3 with 2 SIMs each, and 2 with 1 SIM each. As of late yesterday, they were all still there and able to be "woken up" or "reactivated".
    What I am seeing is different from an account being suspended for inactivity. The message I get in OLAM is:

"You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"

It's not suspended. It is as if the account/SIM was never activated. This is on four of six free plan lines we have. They had all been active for several years and kept active by usage. I used them all with no issues on Monday during my weekly check.

I have missed the minimum activity occasionally before and had to reactivate in OLAM. This is very different.

Feedback Score
    As of right now, ALL of my free and annual prepaid FP AT&T LTE SIM cards / accounts are working normally.

On the accounts with that were formerly FP Sprint, I see:
    You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here

On the accounts with my FP Global SIMs, I see:
    Alert: Your FreedomPop service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. Please Click here to contact customer service.
    Our Global SIM is being discontinued due to performance issues. Please click here to switch to our improved LTE network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    As of right now, ALL of my free and annual prepaid FP AT&T LTE SIM cards / accounts are working normally.

On the accounts with that were formerly FP Sprint, I see:
    You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here

On the accounts with my FP Global SIMs, I see:
    Alert: Your FreedomPop service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. Please Click here to contact customer service.
    Our Global SIM is being discontinued due to performance issues. Please click here to switch to our improved LTE network.
    I did not mention that all of my lines are the AT&T LTE ones, not Sprint, and my Global line stopped working years ago.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My two FP accounts (AT&T) both show that message:

"You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"

Both were working fine last week.

I'll try to reactivate and see what happens.

Also, both accounts received a 1 cent credit on my credit card in the last few days.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, my last remaining FreedomPop line, a 200 MB data-only plan is still working. It's due to renew June 8 so we will see what happens.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    I opened a trouble ticket with CS and they supposedly escalated the issue to a "higher level of support" and they'd get back to me.

Now the message on the iOS app reads:
    Service is inactive due to an unforeseen technical issue. To contact customer support, please click here
    code: 400

The web portal has my account back but not active though.

Feedback Score
    Below is what I got through their Twitter support.
    They reactivated my accounts with top-ups. If your account is not back up, send DM to freedompop support (UNreal mobile? same thing).
    I guess they did this to a lot of accounts. I lost many FP friends and bonus data after restoration.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop!

We’re more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience, xxxx

We are updating our systems and your accounts were canceled in error. We have fully restored your accounts. Due to the brief cancellation, to ensure that your services perform properly, please Synchronize your mobile device and your Unreal Mobile Account by following the steps within the article provide below:

https://help.unrealmobile.com/hc/en-...Account….

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Should there be anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to reply to this message and we'll be happy to help you.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update, power_book. I'm sure those with affected FP SIMs will be happy to hear that news! It might be worth asking FP to restore your lost bonus data.

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq, Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 FP free ATT SIMS from several years ago. One SIM is not listed in my account, but it still works and am getting 4GLTE data. The other SIM shows 671 mb of data, even though there is supposed to be at most 250mb on the account. When I look on the "view usage" on my account page, there is 421 mb of rollover data (which I never signed up for). It was working last week, but now it appears that it doesn't seem to be working. I submitted a ticket, and I'll try contacting chat as well.
    Last edited by ShawnMagm; 05-29-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    Mobile:

LG G8 Thinq ATT-Red Pocket 500/500/500
    Nokia 6.1 Dual SIM
    G V20 LS997 Unlocked-Freedompop ATT
    iPhone SE 32GB Simple Mobile
    Samsung Gear S3 Frontier non-LTE
    Samsung Chromebook +
    ______
    Prior Phones:

Huawei Ascend XT2,LG Xpression +,LG Tribute HD,LG G4,Nokia Lumia 820,LG Volt,LG Tribute 2,LG Optimus Exceed 2,LG Realm,Moto X 2014,Moto X 2013,Nexus 5,Nokia Lumia 520,Nokia Lumia 1020,Samsung Galaxy S3,iphone 3G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by power_book View Post
    Below is what I got through their Twitter support.
    They reactivated my accounts with top-ups. If your account is not back up, send DM to freedompop support (UNreal mobile? same thing).
    I guess they did this to a lot of accounts. I lost many FP friends and bonus data after restoration.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting FreedomPop!

We’re more than willing to help you resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience, xxxx

We are updating our systems and your accounts were canceled in error. We have fully restored your accounts. Due to the brief cancellation, to ensure that your services perform properly, please Synchronize your mobile device and your Unreal Mobile Account by following the steps within the article provide below:

https://help.unrealmobile.com/hc/en-...obile-Account….

We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Should there be anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to reply to this message and we'll be happy to help you.
    A little over 2 weeks ago, my account showed "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method."

I waited until today to update my payment method because I wanted to have a 29th billing date. Surprise, when I logged in I saw the same thing that some of you saw - "You have not signed up for FreedomPop service yet. Already have a device? Activate here"

It's reassuring that they restored your account. I sent FreedomPop a DM through Twitter. How many days did it take for them to reply to you?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast