Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hundreds, maybe even 2000 Metro by Tmobile stores closing?! What are dealers to do? Maybe this?

Feedback Score
    I am guessing they need less stores after combining t-mobile and sprint.

For example, some of those sprint stores will be changed to t-mobile.

MetroPCS is now Metro by T-Mobile so I assume they can sell the metro phones in the T-Mobile stores too. Metro can be just another service it offers in its T-Mobile stores.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I am guessing they need less stores after combining t-mobile and sprint.

For example, some of those sprint stores will be changed to t-mobile.

MetroPCS is now Metro by T-Mobile so I assume they can sell the metro phones in the T-Mobile stores too. Metro can be just another service it offers in its T-Mobile stores.
    they sell 't-mobile prepaid' in t-mobile stores but not metro, they did an experiment in a few markets a few years ago and quickly decided that was not a direction they wanted to go.

t-mobile prepaid in most cases is less generous on the free phone offering for new customers, port in's etc. but better on the rate plan pricing. for example a 2GB with unlimited talk and text plan on t-mobile prepaid is $15.00 month but $30.00 month on the metro brand. you can also swap SIM cards between phones on t-mobile prepaid where as on metro the SIM and device IMEI are locker together and there are fees for 'device changes' several of the t-mobile plans also include free international calls to canada and mexico which is an extra charge on metro.

overall if you are bringing your own phone t-mobile prepaid is the better deal in most cases but with metro you can get very generous free phone offering as a new or porting customer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2